QuickEM is a rapid bedside reference designed by an emergency physician for medical students, interns, residents, and attendings who are working in the emergency department. For those who are new to emergency medicine (medical students, new interns, and rotating interns/residents in other fields), there is an included list of tips, basic overview of trauma, and recommended resources for learning. For experienced clinicians, there are tons of quick reference sections to act as a secondary brain.
• 50+ common chief complaints
• Differential diagnoses, relevant history and physical exam, initial tests, and initial treatments listed for each chief complaint
• No fluff like in other resources; focused ED-relevant info only
• Rapid pearls and mnemonics
• 50+ top EM clinical decision tools / calculators and how to interpret the results
• Tips / training for medical students and rotators
• Doesn't require an internet connection for most content, so it will work even without cell / wifi service
• No ads, no information-sharing, and no email address required to use
This app is explicitly designed for healthcare professionals only, not the lay public.
• Content improvements
• Fixed WikEM links
• Topics added: foreign body topics (peds and adult), palpitations (adult), neuro guide (tips), billing guide (tips)
• Calculators added: Hestia criteria, bCAM
• SI units for calculators
• Premium: new Scott Weingart wisdom
• Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, errata, or issues
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Nice but premium not working
I really like this app as an ER nurse, however I have paid a fee for the premium upgrade, and cannot open the premium content.
Great, intuitive app
I am an EM resident and have tried many various point of care reference tools. The design of this is the best I’ve used: it is incredibly, well-organised, logical, and easy to navigate to look up symptoms and make disposition choices. Would be nice if had quick drug reference and a place for personal notes, but overall I am really impressed with this app and think it’s a great resource for junior doctors who sometimes want to refresh memory about common presentations
Very useful for an intern
Have been using this app in my 4th yr of med school and as an intern on admitting days (thanks to Dr Milzman who rec’d it to me). Excellent design, concise, and easy to navigate, with useful links and pearls. Keep up the good work!
- Sentral Clinical Research Services, LLC
- 34.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014-2019 Sentral CRS.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.