WikEM is an online wiki and database of emergency medicine knowledge to assist physicians with their daily practice. The content is continuously updated from WikEM.org allowing for rapid reference of key information. The content is available offline with this mobile application. WikEM is intended for clinicians only and not directly for patients.
In app subscription purchases:
*The in-app purchase unlocks personalized lists and favorites for 1 year
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Update! Works on my iPhone XS Max
I love this app and use it all the time on shift, but ever since upgrading my phone the app is unusable. It gets stuck on “loading initial database.” Have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, resetting the phone, making a new account, but nothing works. I read the prior responses from the developer on here and have been on WiFi and used the blue update button, but it still gets stuck in the same spot. I emailed and haven’t heard back yet (it’s only been a few days though). Hopefully someone responds and we can get it working again. I appreciate all the work that’s gone into this amazing resource!
UPDATE: I finally got it to work. I changed my screen lockout time to 5 min and that allowed the update to complete. Apparently the update process stops if your screen locks out or if you switch to another app (update process does not continue in the background.)
The app was just updated for the iPhone X and now things seem to be working well. Hyperlinks has been broken for a while, but now seem to be working again.
This has become my go to app on shift, replacing several other expensive options like pepid and UpToDate! The app is fast, concise, has great information, and is free!! Hard to beat.
Great website, horrible app
I love the website. It’s very helpful, a resource I used often during training, and something I turn to on shift sometimes for a refresher or reassurance. However the app is unusable. No matter what I do it cannot download the database. It will say “downloading content” for days without change. Even in previous versions when it could download the database the search bar would end up with no results. Now the search bar doesn’t do anything and the clinical pages are empty. To be honest for the last two to three years the quality in this app has become extremely poor but now I would tell trainees and colleagues to avoid this app.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry you have had such a frustration. I can assure that I am working to make the offline content more seamless but I can also assure that this app does indeed work on an iphone XR which I am using right now. Please connect to wifi and click the blue update button to allow a full sync and you will be good to go in less than a minute.
-Dan Ostermayer, MD
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OpenEM Foundation
- 66.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 OpenEM Foundation
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features $4.99
- Favorites and Lists $5.99
- Personal Notes $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.