Pedi-STAT is a rapid reference for RNs, paramedics, physicians and other healthcare professionals caring for pediatric patients in the emergency or critical care environment.
Among "The Best Drug Reference Apps for Emergency Physicians" - Emergency Physicians Monthly
5 STARS - "Simple interface provides rapid access to critical data needed when managing a critically ill pediatric patient"
5 Stars - "Very useful for treating kids in high pressure situations with precision."
Pedi-STAT features include:
- Rapid results for airway interventions including endotracheal tube sizes, depth, intubation medication dosages, ventilator settings, and sedation
- Cardiac resuscitation data including weight specific dosages for resuscitation medications, cardioversion, and defibrillation
- Access to age and weight specific pediatric equipment including foley catheters, airway management, chest and NG tubes, peripheral and central line sizes, and more
- Seizure medication dosages
- Management of hypoglycemia including age specific dextrose concentrations
- Reference of age specific normal vital signs
- Procedural sedation dosages including single dose meds and infusions, as well as reversal agents
- Calculated pain management medications
- Medical management of allergic reactions and anaphylaxis
Users can quickly access critical information accurately, without having to rely on memory or cumbersome textbooks.
With just a few taps, users have access to all the necessary data to care for a pediatric patient in the emergent setting, including weight-based and age specific medication dosages and equipment sizes.
Since many of the patients present with minimal known information, all the results can be calculated rapidly with only a known age, date-of-birth, weight, length, or height. Simply enter the known variable and the data is instantly calculated.
Developed by an Emergency Physician, this app minimizes the risk of medical errors allowing the provider to spend more time caring for the patient, and less time looking up and calculating doses.
It is a critical companion for any physician, nurse, paramedic, or medical trainee involved in the care of critically ill pediatric patients.
Updated the dosing calculation for Trauma > TXA Loading dose.
Ratings and Reviews
Love it, ALMOST perfect
Missing a search function. If I know what medicine I need / want but just need a dose, I want to be able to search for the medicine instead of clicking through categories I think it might be in.
Please give me a search functionality!!
Best paeds quick reference
I’m an EM doc, have tried all the various paeds quick reference apps, for my purposes, i find this one easiest to use and most comprehensive for most “real world” applications. Many others are organized by cards for the patient weight with all i fo in one place. This is more what i was looking for, a weight-based reference that is organised by the symptom i am treating, helpful for everyday things like antipyretics and antiemetics, which i (fortunately) use more frequently in my practice than resuscitation medications in paeds (although these are also available and easy to reference in the app as well)
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review of Pedi STAT. We are constantly working to make this the most trusted, reliable resource for pediatric emergency medicine; whether you are a physician, nurse, PA, or prehospital provider. Please let us know if you have further suggestions for improvements - we have a number of enhancements currently in development for the app that will make it even more worthwhile and a valuable resource in minimizing medical errors.
Great App for Emergency Medicine
I always get stuck on Pediatric dosing when I’m working through pediatric Simulation cases. I used this app on my friend’s phone and was pleasantly surprised at how quick, simple, and easy it is to use. I can confidently say that this app was the easiest to use when compared to competitors that I’ve also tried in other pediatric cases. I’m very excited to now have this app and continue using it as I continue growing in my career!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- James M Kempema MD PA
- 4.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2021 QxMD Software Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.