Emergencies happen. It’s a fact of life. And even though you can’t control when they happen, you can control how prepared you are. When the time comes for help, you don’t want something that’s “good enough”. You want the best tool you can get. Meet Parachute
Parachute lets you broadcast your video, audio and location to your friends and loved ones in the event of an emergency
With just one touch, Parachute:
‣ Simultaneously calls, texts and emails your emergency contacts
‣ Sends them your live video, audio and location straight from the scene
‣ Records discreetly to protect your safety
‣ Prevents accidental touches from stopping the recording or blurring the focus
‣ Saves all your evidence away from your phone, so it is safe even if the phone is lost, taken, or destroyed
‣ Superlock: Prevents an unauthorized person who grabs your phone from stopping the recording
‣ Checkup: Checks up on you every 12 hours and alerts your emergency contacts if you don’t mark yourself safe
‣ Multi-Camera: Captures video from the front and back cameras simultaneously for 200 degrees of camera coverage
‣ Siri: Activate Parachute by saying a codeword to Siri
‣ Phone Alert: Pre-record an alert message that your emergency contacts will hear when Parachute calls them
‣ Emergency Notes: Set up emergency notes to be released in the event of an emergency
‣ Twitter: Tweets your live incident and pre-written tweet in the event of an emergency
‣ Lock Screen Widget: Quickly activate Parachute right from your lock screen
‣ Live Alert Status: See the live status of each alert sent out (texts sent, emails delivered, phone calls picked up)
‣ Evidence Wiping: Wipes your evidence as soon as it’s been pushed off your phone so someone getting a hold of your phone won’t be able to find anything
‣ Seamless Streaming: Recovers seamlessly from poor or spotty reception without losing evidence
‣ Global Coverage: Works all around the world
‣ More at parachute.live/app
‣ Over 4800 5-star reviews from around the world
‣ Featured on the App Store
‣ Winner of the TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2015 Hackathon
‣ Cameo in CSI:Cyber
‣ Featured in TechCrunch, Wired, CNBC, Fox News, Cult of Mac, Digital Trends, Sydney Morning Herald and more
‣ More at parachute.live/news
Ethos & Integrity
‣ Free On Crash: We believe in our product so much that if it crashes during your emergency we give you back everything you’ve paid us in the past year
‣ Private & Tracker-Free: Forensic investigation reveals that Parachute is the only one of the top 20 safety apps that does not send your information to data collection companies. More at parachute.live/privacy
‣ Independent & VC-Free: We answer only to our members and we devote 100% of our time towards providing them with the best, fastest and most reliable technology in the event of an emergency
‣ Neutral: Parachute is a neutral conduit for emergencies, open to everyone, regardless of background and beliefs
‣ More at parachute.live/about
‣ Parachute (Monthly): Our flagship membership. Unlimited everything, personal concierge and priority access. US$9.99/month
‣ Parachute Lite (Monthly): Designed for light use. 3 incidents/month. US$2.99/month
‣ Parachute Micro (Yearly): Our most affordable membership. 3 incidents/year. US$2.99/year
‣ Try Free: All our memberships start with a 2-week all-inclusive free trial
‣ Cancel Anytime: After your free trial, your membership will automatically renew monthly or yearly, paid with iTunes unless turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the cycle by managing it in iTunes Account Settings. Any unused trial time will be given up if you switch memberships
See how Parachute compares to the alternatives at parachute.live/comparison
Prices are in US dollars and may vary in other countries
Parachute® is a registered trademark of Parachute Labs, Inc.
Proudly made in New York
‣ Fixes a very rare crash that could occur if Parachute was running on a compromised device
----- Recent Updates (parachute.live/new) -----
‣ Superlock locks down Parachute during an emergency, so an unauthorized person who grabs your phone will not be able to stop the recording
‣ Parachute is, once again, the first in the world to offer this advanced and powerful feature
‣ Superlock is for people who use Parachute in situations where there is risk of their phone being taken away from them by an attacker, police officer or other unauthorized person
‣ Superlock keeps your phone locked while continuing to record and live-stream your video, audio and location undisrupted
‣ Get the full details at parachute.live/superlock
Parachute would like to acknowledge Daniel for their assistance with Superlock
‣ Checkup is a powerful new Parachute add-on that checks up on you every 12 hours and alerts your friends and loved ones if you don’t mark yourself safe
‣ Your friends and loved ones receive life-saving information, like your last known location and your emergency notes
‣ With Checkup turned on, every time you launch Parachute it automatically marks you safe and saves a breadcrumb with your location
‣ Location breadcrumbs are a privacy-preserving way to keep a life-saving location trail that helps others retrace your steps, but, unlike apps designed to share your location 24x7, Parachute only shares this location trail if you miss your checkup
‣ Checkup keeps a rolling trail of your location breadcrumbs for the past 10 days, while deleting any older breadcrumbs
‣ Get the full details at parachute.live/checkup
Introducing Multi-Camera Video: A World First for iOS
‣ Capture video from both the front and back cameras simultaneously with the Multi-Camera add-on
‣ The Multi-Camera add-on is open to all Parachute members running iOS 13.0 or newer on iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
‣ Get the full details at parachute.live/multi-camera
Introducing Parachute Micro Yearly at just US$2.99/year
We are always working to make Parachute more accessible to everyone around the world. We are excited to introduce our newest and most affordable membership ever, Parachute Micro Yearly, designed for light use. With Parachute Micro Yearly, you can activate Parachute up to 3 times a year, with up to 10 emergency alerts per incident
Ultra Wide Camera
‣ Parachute now uses the ultra wide camera on the new iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro, so you can capture even more of the scene on video. This expands the camera’s field of view to 120 degrees, revealing parts of the scene that would have been off camera with the standard wide camera
‣ You now have the option to receive a push notification when your early access request is approved
‣ Just tap on the add-on you would like to request early access for and then choose to get a push notification when you have been approved
‣ We will be launching many new features in the coming months, so this is the best way to stay in the loop
Do you have a Parachute story to share? We would love to feature your story in our next video. Send us an email or video about it at email@example.com and we will send you back a Parachute goodie bag!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Keep up the good work!
Thanks for being with me on all those runs when I was trying to become a better Cross-country runner out on those city trails. Cool that you kept the loyal day one’s on this update to 4.0 instead of booting them. I can keep going solo, even now I’m just doing runs for fun.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your kind words!! And for being an early user of Parachute! Best wishes from New York!
I love it
For me this is something I need to have on my phone cause I go out alone all the time and as I am under 18 it worry’s me that what if I am ever in danger? This app helps me as a panic button to alert my family I need help. To have this so easy to access it is a great tool to keep you safe.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your kind words!! Best wishes from New York!
The setup is wonderful
I love the app so far, but I have an iPod, and I was wondering if I need wifi in order for my emergency contacts to get the message?
Developer Response ,
Hi there! In order to alert your emergency contacts, Parachute needs either cellular reception or WiFi. If your device has no cellular or WiFi for the entire duration of the incident, Parachute will still record everything (video, audio, location and more) but will not be able to alert your emergency contacts. Once you are back on cellular or WiFi, it will prompt you to upload the recorded data. If you activate Parachute and your device initially has no cellular or WiFi but later at some point before you end the incident your device connects to cellular or WiFi, your emergency contacts will be alerted at that time. Feel free to reach out to us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org for any more questions you may have!
- Parachute Labs, Inc.
- 36.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Parachute Labs, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Parachute Monthly $9.99
- Parachute Lite Monthly $2.99
- Parachute Micro Yearly $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.