The ParkDC Permits app is the simple, fast way for Washington, DC residents and their visitors to park on their neighborhood streets in Residential Permit Parking (RPP) areas across all eight wards. The ParkDC Permits app allows residents to manage visitor and temporary parking permits for friends, family members, contractors, and home health care aides from the palm of their hand.
• Residents – text or email your unique code to your visitors
• Residents – approve your visitors in advance or in real time
• Residents – view permit requests and pending and active permits
• Visitors – request parking from your resident/host in advance or upon arrival
• Visitors – receive real time alerts and active construction maps to make finding parking easier
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the ParkDC Permits app, please contact us via:
• Call the 24/7 Call Center at 202-671-2631
• Email us at DDOT.Parking@dc.gov
• Visit the ParkDC website at parkdc.com
Thank you for using the ParkDC Permits App!
Update UI for registration
Ratings and Reviews
Buggiest app I’ve ever seen
Doesn’t let you print permits after scheduling them, says “visitor parking permit not available” via the app, but lets you schedule via the web interface, is confusing and nonstandard, and provides no way to upload screenshots to request help in the app.
This app is so terrible that you have to assume some type of nepotism or cronyism was involved in awarding the development contract. Still awful years later. What a waste of residents’ time.
2023 update is excellent
We tend to have low expectations when it comes to government-related apps, but DDOT has figured this one out. With so many changes during the pandemic to rules about parking enforcement of course drivers and residents have every right to be frustrated but this app provides a streamlined and intuitive way to get parking permits (for visitors, contractors, cleaners etc). I had been using the desktop-based portal and was pleasantly surprised to see that all my past work (existing permits, info) was easily accessible in the app.
Well done DDOT!
(Just please keep the app fresh and bug-free!)
App Needs Significant Revision
Idea and purpose of this App would be quite beneficial if significant improvements are made. First, developers need to add facial recognition to the app to log on especially since newer phones don’t use fingerprint for access. Second, the App printing function needs to be fixed. For the last couple of months when you try to print a permit from the App, it states it’s printing and can take a while but the system never displays the permit to print nor ask where to send the permit to print. Support was contacted about the printing issue but no action has been taken. A lot of works needs to go into debugging and updating this App.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- District Department of Transportation
- 52.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © PayLock IPT, LLC