How can we together better manage the symptoms of Parkinson's disease?
Living with Parkinson's disease means coping with symptoms that change daily. Yet these daily changes are not tracked frequently enough. Parkinson mPower 2 is a personal tool and research instrument to track symptoms of Parkinson's disease, review trends and share this information with researchers.
Sage Bionetworks, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit research organization, welcomes you to use Parkinson mPower 2 to track your symptoms and triggers, and take part in the world's largest and most comprehensive study of this disease.
The Parkinson mPower 2 app uses questionnaires and sensor data from your phone to help you track your condition 24x7.
● Innovative activity-based measurements of Parkinson's symptoms that include finger tapping, tremor measurement, and walking.
● Share insights and partner with researchers
● Track triggers and symptom variations
To join this study you need to:
• Be 18 or older
• Be a U.S. resident
• Have a personal iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 or newer running iOS 10.3 or above.
Together we are taking a bold first step to establish a partnership between you and Parkinson's researchers in ways that will help us learn from one another. Install the Parkinson mPower 2 app today and let’s work together to better understand this disease.
• New History screen shows past completed activities
• Set a daily app reminder for study burst activities
• Edit survey responses and personal information via the new Health Profile screen
• The settings screen is now accessible via the new Health Profile screen
• Improvements to how passive data is collected
• Support for Canadian postal codes
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I like to share my PA data for research so I was eager to do this app. It was generally well done but when I finished for day 1 there was nowhere to go except turn it off. I would have expected a finished for day button or something like it. I don’t know what will happen next.
mPower2 for Parkinsons
I have deleted the app, with the intent of reloading it. It worked as advertised for 3 or 4 days, then began to lapse into “do loops” where it would have me do a single test ( e.g., the tremor test) over and over. I searched for updates in the App Store to no avail. Hence, I’m now trying deletion and reload.
I can’t get beyond the first walk test. It crashes on 30 seconds. Why release an app that doesn’t work?
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sage Bionetworks, a Not-For-Profit Research Organization
- 55.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018-2019 Sage Bionetworks
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.