PBS Video features thousands of full-length videos, award-winning documentaries, and shorts from PBS and member stations, so you can stream popular PBS shows anytime, anywhere! Catch up or discover recent episodes from MASTERPIECE, NOVA, NATURE, PBS NEWSHOUR, FRONTLINE, INDEPENDENT LENS, POV, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW, and so much more. New videos are added daily.
Support your local station for access to an extended library of shows and videos with PBS Passport.
WATCH PBS ON DEMAND
Explore a rich and varied selection of thousands of videos from new shows and the PBS archives, as well as specially curated playlists and collections available all year long.
- Get caught up in the drama with MASTERPIECE shows like Victoria, Poldark, Grantchester, and others like Call the Midwife, Jamestown, and MODUS*.
- Explore new worlds with science and nature programming from NOVA and NATURE.
- Shine a light on thought-provoking news and public affairs programs from PBS NEWSHOUR, FRONTLINE, and WASHINGTON WEEK, Amanpour on PBS and Retro Report.
- Take a front-row seat with arts and music content from GREAT PERFORMANCES, LIVE FROM LINCOLN CENTER, AUSTIN CITY LIMITS, and Now Hear This.
- Learn how history shapes our present with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW, AMERICAN EXPERIENCE, AMERICAN MASTERS, and FINDING YOUR ROOTS.
- Discover new perspectives with award-winning films from INDEPENDENT LENS, POV, and the PBS ONLINE FILM FESTIVAL.
- Do-it-yourself with THIS OLD HOUSE.
- Get a taste of rich food traditions and diverse cultures with No Passport Required, South By Somewhere, and classics like The French Chef with Julia Child.
- Enjoy original series from PBS Digital Studios, including STELLAR, TWO CENTS, ORIGIN OF EVERYTHING, IT'S OKAY TO BE SMART, SAY IT LOUD, SOUND FIELDS, PHYSICS GIRL, NOURISH, AMERICA FROM SCRATCH, MONSTRUM, IT’S LIT, and many, many more!
*Some programs and early releases are exclusive to PBS Passport.
* Quick access to TV times and channels for your favorite PBS programs
* See what’s on your local PBS station and what’s coming soon
* Learn more about shows and specific episodes
* Bookmark your favorite programs and episodes for easy retrieval
* Get access to an extended library of content with PBS Passport
MORE FROM PBS
* Learn about the PBS Video app: http://pbs.org/videoapp
* Learn about PBS Passport: http://pbs.org/getpassport
* Find help and support at: http://help.pbs.org/
PBS Video is also available on Apple TV.
* White Apple “Home” bar at the bottom of the screen during video playback is now hidden
* Fixed an issue that would cause some videos not to play or load slowly on some attempts
* Fixed issue with some items resizing incorrectly when changing iPad orientation
* Fixed issue where some users are periodically signed out
* Fixed several issues with Chromecast playback controls
* Fixed multiple issues when adding/removing favorite shows and videos
* Fixed occasional app crashes on various screens
* Fixed incorrect error message when trying to sign up with an existing email address
Ratings and Reviews
My biggest frustration is that the app doesn’t start playing the video I’ve selected, being though I’m a subscriber. It seems to just freeze. I haven’t yet figured out what the problem is, but I will most often get a black screen with nothing playing after I select the show I want to watch. Some it will then go to a 30 second ad and sometime it’s just frozen with black screen.
The second biggest frustration is that if I pause an episode, I can’t easily find where I left off. Unfortunately the app doesn’t remember where I stopped the video. There’s a rewind-10-second button but not any kind of fast forward.
Great content, dismal streaming
It’s PBS, it’s an American classic. Unfortunately if you want to stream it this app is infuriating. The chromecast support is terrible, it fails to cast 50% of the time, never remembers where you left off and god forbid you want to rewind EVER. Once streaming you have no control over the video as it always reads as 00:00. The most insulting part is that even when you donate to PBS as a passport member you are still forced to watch an ad every time you stream. (The most insulting part being that the ad ALWAYS loads even when the episode fails. So you watch a whole ad just for it to finish and just stream the PBS logo.) Best solution I have found so far is disconnecting from chromecast go to the episode and spot you want on your phone, then reconnect, still only works about 70% of the time but still better.
Good app when it works
This is a good app when it’s working. It is less flexible than I would like. If I forget to turn the brightness up before I start a video, then do so, I am booted out of the video and made to watch an ad before I can get back in. Why am I watching ads when I am a paid member of PBS? Now this evening, after repeated efforts, the only thing it will show me is ads. An ad plays, then stops with the last frame of the ad filling my screen. Any effort I make to move on from there results in more ads, which always stall at the end.
- Public Broadcasting Service
- 112.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018 Public Broadcasting Service
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.