26 professional cinematography & photography tools used by many Oscar & Emmy winning Directors of Photography. Essential for Photographers, Camera Assistants, Camera Operators, VFX Supervisors, Videographers, Gaffers, Grips, Production Designers, and Cinema & Media Studies students worldwide.
• Depth of Field calculation (hyperfocal, total depth, near and far, image circle)
• Field of View (with angle of view)
• Field of View Preview in both Portrait & Landscape camera positions (8 images to pre-visualize & size shots by distance & focal length)
• Focal Length (lens) Matching - match to horizontal, vertical or diagonal dimensions
• Relative Size (compares sensors)
• Exposure calculations
• HMI Flicker-free (safe shutters & safe camera speeds)
• Reference (technical charts, lists & tables. Cine film stocks (with film can labels), cine lens specs, false color/exposure change, diopter distance table, miniature shooting, safe panning speeds, zone system, 2018 camera comparison chart)
• Insert Slate (4 font colors plus white or black backgrounds)
• Splits - Aperture Finder calculation
• Speed Booster® Adapter. Calculate reduced Focal Length and Boosted Aperture with various adapters. Also create camera format profiles with attached adapters for use in other tools.
• Eye Light - Chroma Key (color-adjustable VFX tracking markers for green/blue screen)
• Light Effects for handheld light or via Apple Airplay to HDTV. Includes templates for: fire, television, siren, neon, strobe, flashbulb, lightning, strobe. Create unlimited custom animations.
• Mired Shift - Gel Selector
• Conversion calculator
• 4 Test Charts (incl. Siemens Star)
• Triangulate calculation (calculate distances, image circle, etc.)
• Film Running Time to Length
• Shooting to Screen Time
• Color Correction (chooses color correction filters)
• Time Lapse (shooting Interval, event duration, screen time)
• Scene Illumination (beam intensity)
• Light Coverage (width/distance)
• Underwater Distance
• Diopter (lens focus, diopter power)
• Macro (object distance, magnification, corrected stop, DoF, object size, image size, fill percentage)
• Built-in user guides on each screen.
• Calculates instantly & automatically as each entry is entered.
• Over 1400 camera formats plus unlimited customizable, user-defined camera formats, CoC & filters.
• Automatic server updates to new cameras (no waiting for App Store updates).
• Designed by a working camera technician who understands that calculations must be done simply and on-the-run. • Different from other photo apps, its graphical interface shows how each calculation is applied.
21 YEARS - 2 AWARDS
62nd Primetime Emmy Awards. Engineering award for "Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development" from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
Technical Achievement Award from Society of Camera Operators. “For outstanding contributions to cinematography through the design and development of the pCAM Film+Digital Calculator.”
pCAM Pro’s NEWLY ADDED FEATURES
• User-friendly interface, including new support for iPads and iPhone X’s • Speed Booster® Adapter tool • Use any camera as a template for custom cameras • Automatic server updates to new cameras • Blue/green screen with color-adjustable VFX tracking markers • Diagonal Focal Length Matching • White or Black Insert Slates • 4 test charts (Siemens) • On-the-fly, keypad units conversion (ft,in - ft - in - m - cm - mm - µm) • Camera, Lighting and Favorites lists with reordering • Incremental +/- distance and focal length changes • Dynamic calculations (displays result instantly as each value is entered) • Reworked Exposure tool • Added color FoV Preview images • Degrees to Radians in Conversions • Additional Reference data, charts, technical information • Improved Camera searches • Widget, 3D Touch, Siri, Siri Shortcuts, and Launch Center Pro ready • Added 450 new Cameras, & redesigned Custom Camera creator • More to come and frequently updated.
Now with over 1400 cameras, pCAM Pro is regularly updated with additional features.
• Insert Slate tool - 18% gray top and bottom on iPads.
• Camera Formats added:
VIDEO: Alexa LF/Mini LF Anamorphic 2.39 (1x & 2x) – Alexa 65 Spherical 2.39 – Alexa 65 Anamorphic 2.39 (1x & 2x)
• Fixed bug in FoV Preview where values changed when toggling between Distance and Focal Length buttons.
• Minor fixes and performance improvements.
pCAM Pro is financed, designed and maintained by one individual. If you like pCAM Pro, please take a moment to leave a review, it really helps with the further development of the app!
Please send your feedback or bug reports via the Contact Us in Settings. Visit https://pcam.app/support.php for help and suggestions on solving issues.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This should be a part of your e-kit
pCam Pro has saved my behind on many occasions. I’ve had to figure things out without the benefit of a DP’s advice and guidance and this app came through. Especially the FOV feature. That helped me determine the size of a stage I needed for a job. I cannot recommend this more highly. The cameras are updated constantly. Go to hip and pay for the privilege.
Great, but please relocate hyperfocal “apply” button in Depth-of-Field calculator
The “apply” button, especially on the iPad version, is located where it is too easily hit by accident, especially because this is the same screen-location where “preview” is located on the “Field-of-View” calculator (i.e. it is VERY common to swap between these 2 calculators while shot-planning, and FoV “preview” is hit VERY often).
Developer Response ,
This button was relocated already. Thanks for your pCAM Pro support.
Fantastic App & Great Customer Service
I have been using this app for close to 10 years as a daily shooting professional photographer. Love the features, extremely well made, easy to use and great customer service. If you have a question, don’t hesitate to send a note and you will get helpful response within a day.
Worth every penny!
- Thin Man Inc.
- 156.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2020 - David Eubank / Thin Man Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.