PDF Viewer Pro is a fast and beautiful app, allowing you to view, search, and annotate PDF documents with ease on your Mac.
VIEW DOCUMENTS ON YOUR MAC
• Open files from the Finder. Supports Drag & Drop.
• Search for the exact text you are looking for within the document.
• Annotate images (JPEG, PNG) non-destructive, just like PDF documents. (PRO)
ANNOTATE WITH EASE
• Highlight and markup text while reviewing a document.
• Leave comments by adding a note, text, or drawing directly on the PDF.
• Add images or audio.
• Reply to notes. (PRO)
SIGN DOCUMENTS ANYWHERE
• Add your signature to any document.
• Move and resize your signature as needed.
• Flatten a document to ensure the signature doesn’t change.
CREATE AND EDIT PDFs
• Create new documents from existing documents by moving, rotating, deleting, or adding new pages.
• Combine multiple documents into a single one. (PRO)
• Leave a simple bookmark or create an entire table of contents for your document.
FILL OUT FORMS
• Quickly fill out PDF forms by adding text to the fields.
• Flatten and secure the form once you’re done to ensure the document doesn’t change.
• Add a signature to any form.
• Share documents by printing, emailing or saving your edits.
PASSWORD PROTECT DOCUMENTS
• Read document metadata, title and keywords.
• Protect documents with user and owner passwords and limit permissions. (PRO)
AND SO MUCH MORE
• Conveniently switch to night mode when viewing your documents at night.
• Have the text from a PDF read out loud to you with text-to-speech.
PDF Viewer comes with a large feature set, completely free. Some advanced features require the purchase of PDF Viewer Pro, available as a subscription. We offer 3-monthly and yearly subscription plans. There’s also a fully functional 7-day trial, so you can test PDF Viewer Pro (including document merging and password editing) before you commit. All plans unlock the app on Mac, iPhone and iPad.
TRUSTED BY COMPANIES YOU KNOW
PDF Viewer is built on top of and powered by PSPDFKit, the same PDF engine trusted around the world by companies like Dropbox, Box, IBM, Atlassian, SAP, and Lufthansa.
Be part of the PDF Viewer community:
Duration and price of each subscription are displayed in PDF Viewers’ storefront, updated at the time of purchase. Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal can be managed/turned off in the iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited as soon as a subscription is purchased.
PDF Viewer 5.2.1 fixes a few issues that we missed in the 5.2 release. Notably:
• The color picker presets are now again displayed when changing a text markup color. [Mac]
• Fixes an issue where the color picker popup sometimes would not get the correct height. [Mac]
• Fixes an issue where entering text was buggy on macOS Catalina.
• Fixes an issue where the action extension had problems opening PDF Viewer.
• Fixes an issue with viewing videos in a PDF.
These are the release notes for our large 5.2 release:
PDF Viewer 5.2 for iPad, iPhone, and Mac is now available. We've been adding support for Big Sur in the 5.1 release, and 5.2 further pushes the boundaries on what's possible on the Mac. But don't worry, we haven't forgotten about iOS - many of the improvements here also make the iOS app better, and we have big plans there as well!
• Better performance and more native look & feel, including new preferencecs and a better sidebar on Big Sur. [Mac]
• Overhauled Menu Bar with Open Recent, new options and a new Document menu. [Mac]
• The app state is now correctly preserved and restored.
• Adds link and phone number detection. This feature can be controlled in settings.
• Improved Document Editor toolbar tinting.
• Adds support for playing back audio from hidden video and audio annotations.
• Improves default color presets for pen Ink annotations. Variants that previously set a background color have been replaced with additional line color options.
• Enables the 'Add to Reading List' feature when long-pressing on a link. [Mac]
• The note annotation editor no longer shows a confirmation dialog when deleting a note. [Mac]
• The window subtitle is set to display the visible page range on Big Sur. [Mac]
• The toolbar in the note editor will no longer be hidden when typing comments on iPad.
• Fixes a crash that would occur when panning a page while zoomed in using page curl transition.
• Fixes issues where the menu was sometimes disabled on Big Sur. [Mac]
• Fixes an issue where the sidebar would animate poorly on Big Sur. [Mac]
• Fixes an issue where opening files sometimes wouldn't work on the first try.
• Fixes an issue where an ink annotation could sometimes not be erased when zoomed in.
• Fixes an issue where the button for adding a reply was not disabled whilst editing an annotation reply. [Pro]
• Fixes an issue where using multi-select would use the reverse page order for sorting annotations.
• Improves the Save As... user experience in the Document Editor and Redaction UI by displaying the system picker directly. [Mac]
• Fixes a logic issue when trying to export a redacted document twice with the same name.
• Fixes incorrect dirty state tracking for certain annotation types.
• Fixes an issue where erasing an ink annotation in night rendering mode did not honor the adjusted annotation colors.
• Fixes automatic appearance matching between the main navigation bar and the annotation toolbar.
• Fixes the annotation toolbar not showing certain collapsed buttons on iOS 14.
• Fixes an issue where the signature description was cut off in narrow signature fields.
We’d love to hear your feedback! If you have ideas or feature requests for future versions of the app, feel free to let us know. You can contact us using the in-app Support button on the settings screen.
If you enjoy the app, please write us a review and help spread the word! Thanks!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app. Feature request
First of all, really great app! I’m in med school and one of the few that learns from textbooks, rather than course material. I use this to read and organize all my textbooks - and I have a lot of them that I’ve collected over the last decade through undergrad, working, PhD, and now professional school. It’s great how I can pick up reading and annotations on my iPad, Mac, and iPhone when efficiency is key.
I try to avoid using Apple’s Books, or e-readers in general bc having files in pdf form is more universal. Some medical books I have are 1500+, and so I need to break them up into chapters. Books has cool features, but PDFs and PDF viewer is my optimal workflow. Sometimes, however, I cannot avoid Books because some things are only offered in epubs or I cannot find a pdf version.
So I do have one feature request from Books: auto-night mode. Night mode is great in PDF-viewer, and across the board for apple products, but I really do prefer to read in the true color for textbooks, especially for colored figures. At night, I noticed Books auto-switches to night mode if you have that feature turned on. It is really helpful when I am reading in bed before falling asleep and reading. I do not know if this is the place to let what features users want, but thought I’d give it a try. Thanks!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We really appreciate it.
We do have an option to sync the page appearance with system appearance. This is a Pro feature.
And if this is enabled, the color of the page is changed when in dark mode. If you combine this with automatically switching to Dark mode on your iPad at night, this could be achieved.
We're happy to further discuss this if you would like to. You can contact us in the app via Settings > Support.
THE PDF reader App for iPad, PERIOD
I can’t believe this app!!!!!!!
When my friend first recommended it to me, I almost dismissed it, as the app is free and because I’ve never came across any reader app that is even reasonably good and free at the same time.
But when I, doubtably, installed and started using it, THIS APP BLOWS MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First and foremost, and I’ve been searched for an app with this feature on iPad FOREVER — direct access to my PDFs from the iCloud Drive without copying them into the app and the synchronization of my annotation to the original files, AND I’VE FINALLY FOUND IT HERE!!!!! ON A FREE APP!!!!! WHAAAAAAT???????!!!!!!!!
Although its paid competitor also have this feature but it’s hidden deep and clearly you are not encouraged to open PDF directly from iCloud Drive, but in this app, the first I see is a browser interface for iCloud files, AMAZING!!!!!
And the annotating experience is just so natural and intuitive: the animation for applying highlight is just sublime, and adding a note or comment is just buttery smooth.
I am simply not gonna use another app for my PDFs on iPad henceforth.
And honestly I’ve never expected to find the perfect PDF reader to be a FREE APP!!!!!!!!
Thank you developers for such an amazing experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!
I use the app to read pdf textbooks, that’s it 1) My biggest gripe is the subscription. I won’t pay a subscription for viewing PDFs, that’s ridiculus. There should be something in the middle, a fuller featured low cost one time pay version. Some of us don’t need most of the pro features. Some of us don’t need any editing features whatsoever..we just need a few of the basic UI features you have unfairly used as a lure to get us into a subscription. A few simple features is all I want, like turning off the annoying horizontal thumbnail bar at the bottom of the page, are only available with a subscription. What? 2) the performance of the app with large pdf files is not as buttery smooth as I would like. FYI, I’m using a 2018 iPad Pro, a very powerful device. Is the limitation hardware or software? I don’t know. Other than that, there are a few features that are unique to this app. One lets you easily jump back and forth between two pages you visited no matter how far apart, for free.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! Viewing PDFs and even many editing features are available completely for free. We’d be happy to look into the performance issues you’re seeing if you contact us through the in-app support at Settings > Support.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PSPDFKit GmbH
- 91 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2021 PSPDFKit GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- PDF Viewer Pro 3 Months $6.99
- PDF Viewer Pro Yearly $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.