Bring the mountains with you wherever you go!
* Search the huge database of mountains and trip reports from Peakbagger.com and ListsOfJohn.com
* Keep track of your climbs, even when offline
* Measure your progress against hundreds of peak lists
* Get route information and directions from SummitPost and ListsofJohn.com
* Find peaks near your current location, or near other peaks
* Filter peaks by prominence, or climbed vs. unclimbed, or inclusion on a peak list
* See what other peaks are often climbed together with your target peak
* Create custom peak lists and order them by your personal priorities
* See weather forecasts for all U.S. peaks from the National Weather Service, and for 11,000+ major peaks worldwide from mountain-forecast.com
* See topographic maps for anywhere in the world (+/- 60 degrees latitude)
* See protected land area coverage in North America, Europe, Japan, and Australia and New Zealand
* US Forest Service maps
* Save a peak to your device for offline use, including topographic maps
* Download topographic maps along a route for offline use
* Import and display GPS tracks and waypoints instantly
* On-screen compass keeps you oriented along your track
* Long click on the map to get Street View, elevation, and driving directions
* Record your starting elevation, distance, and information about the gear and route you used
* Leaderboards show the top climbers for each peak list
* See peaks your Peakbagger buddies have climbed recently
* Update your buddy list from right in the app
* Automatically upload your ascents to ListsOfJohn (U.S. peaks)
* Show daily satellite imagery for any location on any day since 2011
* Display elevation profile for a GPS track, and show your current location along the profile
* See sunrise and sunset times at a peak, even when offline
* Daily forest fire coverage, and historical coverage for the last 5 years (U.S.)
* Constantly updated weather radar and smoke layers on the map
* Record GPS tracks, including timestamps, and add them to your ascents
* Record waypoints along your route
* Organize your tracks in folders
* Automatically find survey benchmarks near peaks (U.S.)
* Hunt benchmarks and get your finds recorded in the official government benchmark data sheets
HOW TO IMPORT GPS TRACKS - 2 OPTIONS
1) Click on the "Load GPS track" link on the ascent details page for an ascent that has a GPS track.
2) Click on a GPX, KML or KMZ file on your phone, for example, in an email attachment or on Google Drive
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- New weekly satellite imagery
- Topo maps for South Australia
- Bulk delete in track waypoint and route pages
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love this app, i use it to keep track of my mountains and also bushwhacking. This last updating unfortunately is giving me issues on saving the peak for offline. If there is a track to download it works just fine.
Can’t believe this is free, so much functionality, has really added a whole new dimension to hiking and backpacking. I would pay >$100 for this. Thank you!
This is the best free app available. Period!
If you re a hiker, climber, peakbagger, new to the outdoors, or a demonstrated mountaineer, this is the app for you. Thank you to the Peakbagger team for their professionalism. This is a winner!
- Andrew Kirmse
- 63.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Slovenian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014-2020 Andrew Kirmse
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.