Bring the mountains with you wherever you go!
* Search the huge database of mountains and trip reports from Peakbagger.com and ListsOfJohn.com
* Keep track of your climbs, even when offline
* Measure your progress against hundreds of peak lists
* Get route information and directions from SummitPost and ListsofJohn.com
* Find peaks near your current location, or near other peaks
* Filter peaks by prominence, or climbed vs. unclimbed, or inclusion on a peak list
* See what other peaks are often climbed together with your target peak
* Create custom peak lists and order them by your personal priorities
* See weather forecasts for all U.S. peaks from the National Weather Service, and for 11,000+ major peaks worldwide from mountain-forecast.com
* See topographic maps for anywhere in the world (+/- 60 degrees latitude)
* See protected land area coverage in North America, Europe, Japan, and Australia and New Zealand
* US Forest Service maps
* Save a peak to your device for offline use, including topographic maps
* Download topographic maps along a route for offline use
* Import and display GPS tracks and waypoints instantly
* On-screen compass keeps you oriented along your track
* Long click on the map to get Street View, elevation, and driving directions
* Record your starting elevation, distance, and information about the gear and route you used
* Leaderboards show the top climbers for each peak list
* See peaks your Peakbagger buddies have climbed recently
* Update your buddy list from right in the app
* Automatically upload your ascents to ListsOfJohn (U.S. peaks)
* Show daily satellite imagery for any location on any day since 2011
* Display elevation profile for a GPS track, and show your current location along the profile
* See sunrise and sunset times at a peak, even when offline
* Daily forest fire coverage, and historical coverage for the last 20 years (U.S.)
* Constantly updated weather radar and smoke layers on the map
* Record GPS tracks, including timestamps, and add them to your ascents
* Record waypoints along your route
* Organize your tracks in folders
* Create and edit tracks right in the app
* Automatically find survey benchmarks near peaks (U.S.)
* Hunt benchmarks and get your finds recorded in the official government benchmark data sheets
HOW TO IMPORT GPS TRACKS - 2 OPTIONS
1) Click on the "Load GPS track" link on the ascent details page for an ascent that has a GPS track.
2) Click on a GPX, KML, KMZ or FIT file on your phone, for example, in an email attachment or on Google Drive
- New photo viewer mode with pinch-to-zoom and swipe right/left
- Show ascents without peaks (created via the Web site)
- Update offline peak databases
- Update 2022 fire layer
- Italian language translation
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app, i use it to keep track of my mountains and also bushwhacking. This last updating unfortunately is giving me issues on saving the peak for offline. If there is a track to download it works just fine.
Can’t believe this is free, so much functionality, has really added a whole new dimension to hiking and backpacking. I would pay >$100 for this. Thank you!
Favorite app on my phone
This app is easy to use, very in depth, and extremely useful. I can’t recommend it enough.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Andrew Kirmse
- 130.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.1 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014-2023 Andrew Kirmse