Write naturally with your Apple Pencil on Live Paper with Penbook.
Build your perfect notebook from more than one hundred types of stationery. Then, use the best digital inking technology to pour your ideas, notes, plans, and dreams into it.
Penbook's Live Paper is way smarter than ordinary stationery. Schedule your life on a monthly planner that shows a real calendar, organize your day with a day planner that shows you what time it is, and record your nutrition on a food diary that knows what day it is.
Give your notebooks colorful covers with fun art, and share them so your notes are always where you need them.
• Live Paper, the dynamic stationery that uses the smarts of your iPad
• Over one hundred variations of academic, scientific, and planning stationeries
• Write naturally with your Apple Pencil or finger
• Unlimited unique cover combinations for your notes
• Search your handwritten notes for words or phrases
• Snap your strokes to perfect shapes with shape recognition
Penbook has a huge selection of customizable stationery, and each page of your notebook can be different, turning your iPad into a magic notebook:
• Blank stationery, with an optional date and configurable margin
• Ruled paper with variable density
• Graph paper with four options for square sizes
• Dot stationery, either squared or isometric (offset)
• Cross stationery with configurable margins and density
• To Do pages with four layout options
• Monthly habit paper for tracking streaks, habits, and goals
• Day planner paper with a live updating timeline and calendar, and three layouts
• Weekly planner paper that highlights the current time and date
• Monthly planner paper that keeps track of the current day and shows you what's coming next
• Yearly stationery for getting a complete overview of your next 365 days
• Cornell paper for taking perfect study notes
• French ruled (Séyès) paper
• Penmanship practice paper
• Table stationery for hand-written spreadsheets
• Polar graph paper for plotting radial data
• Semi-log and loglog paper for data with exponential growth or decay
• Isometric stationery with equilateral (60-60-60) or isosceles (75-75-30) triangles
• Perspective paper, configurable with one, two, or three vanishing points
• Developer stationery with device stencils and configurable note-taking areas
• Storyboard paper with 3 frame aspect ratios
• Engineering paper with variable density
• Chemistry paper for easily sketching molecules
• Staff (music) paper with optional linked staves
• Tablature paper with vocal parts and chord charts
GET THE MOST OUT OF PENBOOK
Use all of Penbook's stationery and writing features in a single notebook for free for as long as you like.
Upgrade to Penbook Premium to create and export unlimited notebooks, receive access to new stationery and covers as they're designed, and get regular app updates.
Penbook Premium is available by purchasing a yearly subscription or a one-time (lifetime) in-app purchase.
When you choose to upgrade with the yearly subscription, you can start using Penbook Premium for free with a 7-day free trial. During the trial, cancel any time until 24 hours before the trial expires, and you will not be charged. If you do not cancel, you will be automatically billed for the yearly subscription when your free trial ends.
Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
Apple Pencil users can now annotate Live Paper planners that show their device's calendar events! Check the daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly stationery to see your events right in your notebook.
(This minor update improves photo and washi tape resizing.)
Ratings and Reviews
Just getting started but...
I've only just barely started using this app but it's amazing. Perfect in every way? Probably not, but compared to the other apps I've tried, it's one of the best. The journals are super customizable and as someone who wants to eventually put together a web toon I appreciate being able to not only manually write my outline and scripts, but also being able to add pages like the storyboards or the blank/ lineless ones where I can sketch small ideas directly into the app instead of having to have the small doodles and panel planning separate in procreate. The tools also work very well for sketching and doodling.
So far I love it, but that doesn't mean there's nothing to improve on. I'll come back and edit my review should I encounter any terrible issues.
Developer Response ,
Hey, just wanted to leave you a note to say how much we appreciate the feedback. If you have ideas for anything Penbook could do to specifically support web toon creators (templates, stencils, etc.?) we would love to hear them - email@example.com . All the best!
Great notebooks but could use better management
I use this app for everything from writing and computer science homework to project and vacation planning. There are lots of very useful page templates and more than enough colors and tools to fill a page with notes and diagrams. Pixel and stroke eraser modes and a quick and easy toolbar make getting my thoughts onto the iPad easy as can be; with little practice I got faster than I was with pen and paper. The combo of simplicity and feature set really stands out among the many notebook apps.
The only issue is managing the books and pages once you have them. Notebooks can’t be grouped and are just shown in a single row (with not enough cover options to distinguish them aside from a small label). Sorting pages inside a notebook is clumsy, and there is only one non-configurable grid to see the pages if you are trying to find something you wrote.
I would love to see folders for notebooks and the ability to use photos (or specific pages, not just the last-viewed one) as notebook covers. A dedicated landing page for the app could show the last pages from recent notebooks and also offer a grid of all notebooks with resizable icons. Within notebooks, a pop-up display like Kindles have for viewing other pages could allow for much faster cross-referencing pages than repeatedly scrolling through the grid between distant pages.
Great App/ Updates need some work
The new update with the stickers is making adding pictures difficult. When I upload a pic I now have to touch a random space around the pic to move it around and place it where I want. It’s definitely wonky, but that is the only issue I’ve encountered since using this app for 5 months. I love using this app for taking notes, “to-do” lists, and vision boards! You can bring your visions to life with this app.
Developer Response ,
Hey, thanks a lot for the bug report. We’re working on a fix. Glad to hear Penbook has been serving you well :)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- User Camp Inc.
- 31.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 13.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © User Camp Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Penbook Pro $14.99
- Penbook Premium Lifetime $37.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.