PerfectPower, the automotive reference on-board system in power and performances measurements!
PerfectPower is, in the form of a revolutionary smartphone application, the automotive reference on-board system in power and performances measurements, the one with the best price / reliability of results / variety of features / operational independence ratio!
It has four major goals:
- Measure the standardized engine power, accelerations (standing and flying start), and max speed of your car
- Simulate all the performances of your car (accelerations -standing and flying start-, max speed, ideal maximum revs)
- Measure lap times on track
- Perform engine development with the same efficiency as on chassis dynamometer
And it achieves all this with an exceptional accuracy established theoretically AND proven in practice of +- 1% on average of two measurements for power measurements, which are both its speciality and the most interesting measurements of all in automobile mechanic! Such accuracy is made possible by the accurate, permanent, and clever combination of the informations of the phone accelerometer and the GPS, knowing how to take the best of both sensors while eliminating the specific disadvantages when used individually. What - useful precision - is not done without efforts: it is the result of hundreds of hours of work, but also of high skills in physics and mathematics, that myself David Mettey creator of the application have, both by my training and my experience.
Such accuracy can even be further improved and go well below the % by using an external GPS of 10 Hz minimum communicating via Bluetooth with the application. I currently recommend the SkyPro XGPS 160 (10 Hz & 2.5 m average horizontal accuracy), compatible with PerfectPower via a third-party Bluetooth GPS app, but I plan to add soon the driving of the RaceBox Mini (25 Hz & 0.3 m average horizontal accuracy).
In summary, here is exactly what you will need to use PerfectPower with an optimal efficiency:
- The application
- An external GPS of 10 Hz minimum communicating via bluetooth with the application (not essential, but recommended)
- The Wixgear universal magnetic windshield mount (not essential, but recommended)
- Perform your measurements in both directions of the road (if possible of course) and ask PerfectPower to average them in order to eliminate the very real influence of the slope of the road and the wind on the results
When these conditions are met, PerfectPower has proven that:
- It was as accurate for power measurements as the best chassis dynamometer (Rotronics Autoscan FI 4x4 synchronized)
- It was as accurate for acceleration measurements as the best "all-public" external GPS (RaceBox Mini)
All information on the official website www.perfectpower.ch
1) Addition of a function of power results correction on the measurement end max speed (very useful in case of poor GPS reception)
2) Increased the maximum number of results per type (power, accelerations, runs flying start) and per car from 10 to 20
3) Replacement of the old function of automatic recovery of weather data (versions prior to 4.1) by a function of manual recovery of these data in real time and by geolocation on the reference weather site "The Weather Channel"
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- DAVID METTEY
- 2.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 David METTEY
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.