Embark the efficiency of a true dyno inside your car!
Measure your real engine power and torque within a 2% margin by performing a simple acceleration with your car!
Make sure your tunings are effective using a completely objective and independent way, without any excessive expense!
PerfExpert - Car Onboard Dyno & Timer is an application allowing you to measure the performances of your car, such as its real power, torque, and acceleration times. It doesn’t require any connection to your car. Results are provided as detailed reports featuring interactive charts.
How does PerfExpert dyno works ? It's simple :
1. Create your car profile => Describe your car to PerfExpert by providing information such as curb weight, tire sizes or engine displacement. If you don't know how to find your car's specifications, we help you to do so.
2. Mount your phone in your car => No need to connect your phone to your car. With your phone firmly mounted inside your car, PerfExpert can rely on its internal sensors to measure the real acceleration of your car.
3. Accelerate through the entire engine rev range => On a flat, straight and horizontal road, perform an acceleration from low rev to the maximum rev, keeping the same gear : that's it!
IMPORTANT : dyno test is not compatible with automatic gearboxes that doesn't have a manual mode.
With such a tool, you can check the efficiency of your various tunings, ECU mapping, chiptuning, and even your chassis settings.
Using the specification of the tested car and your device’s accelerometer, the application runs our algorithms and dynamic power loss calculations to provide the performances of your car with high accuracy.
Skeptical? Here is a selection of comparison tests between “PerfExpert - Car Onboard Dyno” and real chassis dynos, performed by some of our users : http://bit.ly/perfexpert_vs_chassis_dyno
For further information, you can find our FAQ at https://www.perfexpert-app.com/faq
Here are sample dyno and timed run reports created using the application :
Join now the growing PerfExpert community:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PerfExpert
- Support : https://www.facebook.com/groups/perfexpert/
- Dyno test : measure the power and torque of your engine with advanced loss calculation model. Detection of the engine rev limiter. Detailed reports featuring interactive charts of wheel and engine horsepower and torque / engine speed, just like a regular chassis dynamometer.
- Compute corrected power and torque using the correction norm of your choice (atmospheric pressure, ambient temperature and air humidity are taken into account). Available standards: DIN (Europe), SAE (America), JIS (Japan), CEE (Europe) and ISO (International).
- Timed Run test to measure your 0-60mph, 0-60ft, 0-1/8mi, 0-1/4mi, 0-100km/h, 0-20m, 0-200m, 0-400m, and much more.
- Use of your phone accelerometer at its maximum frequency and advanced signal processing for smoothed curves.
- Custom choice of units from a large choice: Hp, Ch, Cv, Kw, Nm, Ft.Lb, mKg, Mph, Km/h, m, ft, G, m/s², psi, inHg, mBar, °C, °F
- Export reports in Tab Separated Value format and PNG
- Fixed the Image export
- Fixed crash in Results screen when there is no car created in the app (fresh installation)
- Fixed the result' graph displaying on iOS versions below 11.0
- Fixed the help links in the Measurement screen
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Need a little help
Trying to put all the numbers in properly to dunk the car but I have a 2017 civic lx hatch that is a CVT transmission. I have full bolt ons and running full e85. In the fuel option it only lets me choose between gasoline or diesel and the second problem I have is that I don’t really have any defined gear ratios besides my first gear final drive and reverse. Would the app still be accurate missing those parameters?
Developer Response ,
Hi Justin, thank you for your feedback! Currently the Dyno mode in the app needs that the gearbox used can be locked to a fixed ratio during the measurement. This is well mentioned in the app description, as well as in our FAQ here : https://www.perfexpert-app.com/faq#8
This allows the app to calculate engine rpm without the need for a OBD connection. CVT gearboxes doesn't have fixed ratio, but instead the ratio is variable during car acceleration and this will make the current Dyno measurement mode inaccurate (specifically for the torque).
We plan to add a Dyno mode compatible with this kind of gearbox, to provide the wheel horsepower of CVT equipped cars, instead of the engine horsepower as it's the case in the current Dyno mode.
However your can use the Timed Mode with any kind of gearbox.
Key to this app! Key in Correct info. And this app is Great. Excellent tuning tool.
I can plug the info that this app gave me into a 1/4 mile calculator, and the trap speed (which is the more accurate way to calculate power) is only off by 2.5mph from what my car actually ran at the track. I'm impressed! You need two things, a phone with a good g sensor, and you have to be able to plug in all the info the app asks for. The less accurate your car statistics are, the less accurate this app will be.
Happy I spent the money.
- Claude JOSEPH ANGELIQUE
- 48.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 PerfExpert SAS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.