"When all you want is the digital equivalent of a paper diary, this is the perfect one." - goyyboy (5 stars)
"Loving the lighthearted feel of this deceptively powerful app." - plinkplok (5 stars)
"Exactly what I needed" - (multiple reviews)
"Good and accessible with VoiceOver" - Allan.summers
Need a simple, free, and easy to use journalling app? Meet Personal Diary!
With no advertisements, limitations nor any upfront cost, Personal Diary is your simplest and best journalling tool yet. Easily access all your entries in all your devices with iCloud Sync. Write diary entries without worrying that someone will peek at what you wrote, with passcode & biometric protection. Forgot about your diary? The app can 'summon' you back with a friendly nudge. You can also import as many photos as you wish into your entries. As an optional addition, you can set your mood, and add weather and tags to an entry.
- Numeric passcode lock (any number of digits).
- Unlock using Touch ID on supported devices.
- Auto-saves as you type.
- Simple & Easy to use.
- Sync data between devices via iCloud Drive.
- Ability to pick a mood and weather of the day.
- Mood & Weather can be automatically chosen.
- Import photos to your entries.
- Select a theme to suite your style.
- Dark Mode for better night use.
- iPad Multitasking Features supported.
- Full support for physical keyboards, trackpad and mice.
- VoiceOver fully supported.
- Simple Rich Text editing supported.
- Siri Shortcuts and Integration.
- Full featured Apple Watch app.
- Apple Watch system keyboard and FlickType keyboard support in the Apple Watch app.
- Fully compatible with all modern iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch models.
- Daily Notifications for writing in your diary.
- No Advertisements & absolutely FREE! :D
*Some features may not available on the Apple Watch. All features for editing and viewing all your entries such as the Timeline view are fully supported on the watch, except for previewing images.
Don't forget to let me know what you think of Personal Diary by leaving a review on the App Store! Reviews and ratings help and let other users find this app. If you have any problems or questions, feel free to send a feedback; I might be able to help! :)
- Please do not forget your password. If you forget your password and your identity cannot be verified, you may not be able to access your data.
This app allows you to tip/donate to directly support the development of this app through in-app purchases. No new features will be provided when you tip, it's just to support the app's development if you would like to. Selecting a Small/Medium/Large Tip will initiate a one time payment for tipping. A Continuous Tip is automatic-renewal subscription to tip every month, and will renew automatically every month unless it's turned off or cancelled (through your account settings) at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For this, your iTunes account will be charged when payment is confirmed, and charged for auto-renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the selected price.
- Fixed: Storage Location preference settings may not update correctly after a background iCloud login update. This may have caused unexpected confusion as to why storage locations randomly switched.
- Fixed: Journal Picker headers may not appear correctly on macOS.
- Improved: Information about storage location differences of a journal are now clearer. The app also now prompts to automatically change settings for you if you want to access journals in a different location without migrating.
- Improved: There are now double-confirmations for journal storage location migrations to prevent accidental migrations.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent diary, love the multiple diary function!
I started using this about 2 weeks ago. I love it’s simple features. I like that it slides to a side bar out of sight until I swipe it over, unlock it with my face, then go directly to add an entry. Simple, clean with no fussy stuff. I track treatments for an autoimmune disease. I then thought, I wish I could write a different diary for helping me track the foods I eat for my weight loss. Low and behold, it has a book icon, where you can create different diaries. Yea! Just what I was looking for! So now it satisfies that need. I didn’t want to write my treatment and the foods I eat into the same diary, which would not be conductive for me to quickly check when my last treatment was.
This diary also supports backing up to my iCloud, and I can put images in the entries. I haven’t done that yet, but it’s a convenient feature.
So thank you support team for making a really nice app that I don’t need to subscribe to.
I’m very, very, very grateful for this diary app!!! You have NO idea just how grateful I really am. This diary app is very secure and private; especially when I need to keep certain things in my life private. This diary app has always been there for me to write out how I’m feeling in a judgement-free zone anytime something new or interesting happens in my life or most importantly, anytime I am dealing with rough patches. Point is that, this personal diary app is a real lifesaver. Without it, I don’t know where else to vent out my feelings freely. I find the personal diary app to be very therapeutic and enjoyable although, I highly recommend that the app adds more NEW colorful themes or backgrounds to choose from to make it more striking and interesting. Other than that, I’m very grateful for this personal diary app😌
Exactly what I was looking for!!!
I’d been looking for a simple-to-use, basic journaling app to record daily thoughts and this app is PERFECT for just that. I love that you can include photos and with iCloud backup, it easily syncs to my other Apple devices. The reminder option is helpful, and like that I have the option to turn it on/off. The fact that this app has NO ADS and is FREE is awesome. It’s an elegantly simple, yet very useful app. Writing things down can be so therapeutic especially during these unprecedented times; whether its a lengthy entry, or just a few words or lines. Life goes by in such a blur and I’m glad to have found a quick way to record and look back on my own impressions of daily life. My thanks to this app’s brilliant young creator, keep up the good work! 😁
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! I really appreciate the feedback.
If you have any problems (hopefully not) or want to ask any further questions, feel free to send me an email. I'd be happy to help!
- Wern Jie
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wern Jie Lim
- 8.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 - 2023 Wern Jie Lim
- In-App Purchases
- Continuous Tip $1.99
- Medium Tip $2.99
- Large Tip $9.99
- Small Tip $0.99