Petey is the best ChatGPT app to use GPT-4 Turbo on Apple Watch, iPhone or iPad. Enjoy deep integrations with Maps, Apple Music and more…
** Featured on TechCrunch, Daring Fireball, iMore, 9to5Mac, BGR, MacRumors & more! **
I'm excited to introduce Petey, your Apple Watch & iPhone AI assistant app! With this app, you can now interact with the famous GPT model right from your wrist or on the go.
■ Key Features:
- Interact with the famous GPT model right from your Apple Watch or iPhone
- Create playlists with Apple Music
- View locations on Apple Maps
- Get rich previews of any URL that Petey shares with you
- Continue your conversation thanks to history
- Quickly get answers to your questions or generate longer messages without typing
- Share the outcome of your interaction with others via text, email or social media
- Set the app as a complication for easy access
- Text to Speech, the app will read out the answer to you, so you don't have to read it (Make sure your device is not on silent)
- Multiple prompts, reply to the answers you're receiving
- Change the icon that is shown in the complications
- GPT4 Support (In-App Purchase required)
- Shortcuts support: Open or Ask Petey with a shortcut. This also lets you replace Siri with Petey.
- Add API Key: Now it’s possible to add your own API key; this will give you more control and let you use GPT-4 at your own cost (if your API key allows it). It also lets you opt-out of the Petey for iOS subscriptions.
- Send to Phone: Send an answer from Petey on watchOS to your phone to use in other apps.
iOS/iPadOS only features
- Live Activity: Every time you start talking with Petey, it will start a Live Activity so you can do other things while waiting for a response.
- Share full conversation: Share the full conversation with the press of a button to use in any app that accepts text
- Direct links: When a link is detected, a separate view is presented to open up the mentioned website easily
- Apple Music integration: Connect to Apple Music and create playlists with the help of AI
With Petey, you can easily access a vast source of knowledge and communicate with an intelligent computer in real-time. It's like having an extra personal assistant with you! To make things even easier, you can set Petey as a complication on your watch face or as lock screen widget. This way, you can quickly access the app with just a tap on your watch face.
We hope you enjoy using Petey on your Apple Watch and find it a valuable addition to your digital life.
To use Petey, open the app, ask questions, or type in your message. Petey will provide you with a response that you can quickly share with others via text, email or social media.
■ Why do I have to pay extra for GPT4?
The latest version of the famous GPT model comes with a bigger price tag, so unfortunately, I cannot afford to provide it for free and have to charge a bit extra if you want to use that model for now. However, I felt like raising the price or making it mandatory would be unfair. So now you can purchase usage of the newer model as an OPTIONAL upgrade.
■ Good to know:
Petey is based on the famous GPT model and therefore has information up to September 2021. The power of Petey (and GPT in general) is that it's really good at giving you advice or writing long-form texts. Except when you're using GPT-4 Turbo, which has a cutoff date up to April 2023
■ Frequently Asked Questions
You can find the FAQ in the "App Support" button below. As always, if you have any feedback or suggestions, please let me know by emailing email@example.com
Terms & Conditions: https://petey.watchgpt.app/terms
- Chat limit bug fix
- API key bug fix for Apple Watch
Ratings and Reviews
Hey buddy. Based on your responses to reviews it sounds like you’re a one man op or close to it (I vs we in responses). Regardless, congrats on all your efforts to get it this far. I know it took you a lot of effort. Still though. You’re on the right track. One thing that many others have pointed out is the casual/ unintentional or whatever the case is - lack of clarity about the buy then not get something working. As a fellow in the space I encourage you to reconsider your strategy here. Even if you made it super clear (which isn’t the case evidently) that your app is still not going to work after purchasing it (how people think) then people all will intuitively believe that ‘hey, I just paid for something, now it will work without needing to pay openai or the dev). This is just too new for people to understand how this works. I didn’t realize what was going to happen til I opened the app either. Just think back to the last time you were peeved. Guaranteed it was a missed expectation in your opinion. Same deal here.
For me, I’m not trippin despite the purchase + surprise. People don’t read and neither did i - In case I missed any (small) print in there. I’ll prob use my key, but hopefully my words are coming across. Let me know when you get that changed and in good faith I can adjust my rating. Btw. Four is still good. Don’t beat yourself up. Unless it’s about that pricing strat decision. 🤔✌️
Developer Response ,
Hey there, and thank you for the review! You're right, i'm a solo developer and do the best I can so feedback is appreciated.
The pricing strategy is a bit of a challenge as I launched as watchOS only first I could get away with a fixed price ahead for unlimited usage of Petey (OpenAI's API costs me money) but with the introduction it got complicated as you'd use the app a whole lot more, that's why you get a month worth of free included with the price and still can use Petey on watchOS even without subscription.
It's really hard to communicate this clearly on the App Store as a lot of people don't read the notes (Maybe I could still try and add a screenshot that states this too but not sure if the App Store Review would allow that) I'd love to discuss this more so feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Best implementation out there, UI almost there.
First of all, having now tried ALL (and I do mean all) of the GPT-powered iOS apps, Petey is by far the best. And the best deal. The ability to upgrade to GPT-4 is incredible and the straightforward nature of the design works well.
However, there are some interface hiccups that would be great to see ironed out, namely the extremely inconsistent applicability of the watch's dial to scrolling. It works about half the time. It's also unclear how to exit the settings screen, and I would love some way to change font size. The iPhone app has its own versions of the same : the Petey icon overlaps with the history icon when the keyboard is visible, making the settings inaccessible on smaller Phone screens.
But these are the complaints of a career interface designer. Petey does exactly what it promises and has totally changed how I interact with my watch.
Nice idea yet needs to fix urgent issues
Issues to fix asap: 1. Direct voice input from both the app and complication (skipping a writing prompt) 2. Click in the complication icon should immediately open a voice input (instead of multi-step process with Ask me button) Less urgent issues: 3. Ability to change a speech voice - current one is not changeable and unbearable 4. Nice looking, Apple Watch style complication icon. All current icons are plain ugly 😀 5. As already mentioned in other reviews, ability to share to Notes (and other apps like WhatsApp) One BIG feature request : to support a Browser plug-in. It’s ok if it will require a little extra payment UPDATE: I changed review to 5 stars because the developer gave quick and detailed response. GPT Watch App is more a toy now (it’s not connected to a personal GPT account so personal information is not protected and prompts are not saved for further use at laptop). But for this affordable price is a nice tool to try GPT4 (who don’t want to pay full paid subscription) and nice to have watch access
Developer Response ,
1. Not possible on watchOS
2. I've tried this but also not possible yet on watchOS
3. I'm exploring alternatives as options are limited
4. Thanks! Could you share some icons you find less ugly as examples to email@example.com as I'm happy to provide more in the future
5. I have no control over what shows up in the share sheet on watchOS
I hope this clears things up as I would love to support most of you feedback but technically is not really possible just yet on Apple Watch
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Modum B.V.
- 59.5 MB
- Requires iOS 16.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.5 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 9.6 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 9b7225e172
- In-App Purchases
- Petey Basic $6.99
- GPT-4 Upgrade $3.99
- Petey Premium for watchOS $12.99
- Petey Basic $6.99
- Petey Basic for watchOS $4.99
- Petey Premium $24.99
- Petey Premium $22.99
- Petey Basic $59.99
- Petey Basic Lifetime $129.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.