A monitor and app that alert you to changes in your cat’s weight and behavior.
The Petivity Smart Litterbox Monitor is a smart device and connected app that transforms data about your cat’s litterbox behavior into insights about their health.
Here’s how it works:
Tracks: Place a monitor under each litterbox in your home. Sensors gather precise data on each cat’s weight and litterbox activity.
Learns: The system uses AI to learn each cat’s litterbox habits and create a unique profile.
Alerts: Alerts are sent directly to your phone when weight changes might be cause for concern.
Get the clarity, confidence and peace of mind to know you’re doing what’s best for your cat.
• Designed with Purina veterinarians, behaviorists and nutritionists.
• Place a monitor under each litterbox in your home. The monitor(s) sync with the Petivity app to gather comprehensive data about your cat’s (or cats’) litterbox behavior.
• The Petivity system works with multiple cats simultaneously, identifying and tracking each cat’s behavior. No tracking collar is required.
• Automatically recalibrates when litter is changed or scooped.
• Measures frequency, time of day, waste type and weight to create a unique profile.
• Sends alerts when changes may require your attention or a visit to the vet.
Can help manage veterinarian-diagnosed conditions such as: UTI, kidney disease, diabetes, hyperthyroidism.
Discover a new dimension of care.
Home View – Get high-level insights on cats & monitors all in one place
• Cat Insights –
o See cat weights & frequency in one view instead of separate tabs for a more holistic look at their well-being
o Easily navigate between time periods (past 2 weeks or by day) to see changes over time
o Weight is now displayed in lbs and oz to more easily track small but meaningful changes
• Cat Avatars – Select a special avatar to represent each of your cats within the app!
• Scooping Activity & Reminders – See when each box was scooped last, and set scooping reminders to help you stay on top of this important task
• Firmware updates are now automatic, so your smart monitor will automatically update without any action from you
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing Device & Data for Pets
This device and the companion app are amazing. The device is very simple to install and pair with the app. The app is also very simple, requiring only an AppleID and then quick pairing with the device.
To get this working, you must categorize each event by cat (it shows you the weight of the cat, so this is actually really easy to do) for 8-ish events and then after that it will auto-categorize the cats (“learn each pet”). That’s all you have to do! From there it tracks and categorizes whether it was #1, #2, or nothing - you never have to do this.
We tested/verified the type of visit and cat visit using a Ring camera over a week - we were unable to find an event that was miscategorized by cat or by activity type. (3 cats, 3 visits each per day, 1 week = 42 events).
The app is basic, but does exactly what you want: there’s weight trending by cat, activity history by cat, and an events timeline (which also says which box if you have multiple). I’ve got absolutely no complaints about this product and really hope other cat parents will adopt it.
If you’re into quantified cats, I also highly recommend the SurePet microchip feeding system & cat door. With SurePet and Petivity, you have a full 360-degree view of your cat.
Inaccurate other than weight
I’ve followed the common sense instructions about not being close to a wall, being level, the box needs to fit on the scale. The scale has failed to report a single feces activity and only reports urine (single cat). Today it falsely reported no activity vs. urine. The fact that you cannot at least manually update the log mandates keeping a spreadsheet separately if you want to have accurate data.
Of secondary of issue are inability to create an account that works on the web, that isn’t tied to my apple id.
I want this to work, but between these issues and the support team providing only a canned response and completely ignored my suggestion for allowing manual adjustments to records is not giving me a good feeling.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nestle Purina Petcare Company
- 26.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Société des Produits Nestlé S.A.