This is the PHAT workout plan like you have never seen it before. No more guessing or writing things down. Track everything in the app. Make your own custom workout plan!
PHAT Stands for Power, Hypertrophy, Adaptive Training. It is the best all around 5 day split workout, hitting every main muscle group.
We put together this app so that you can follow along and make it easy to maintain and track your goals. Here is what you can expect from the PHAT Workout app:
- The PHAT workout plan for FREE
- 3 Built-in beginner, 3 day workout plans
- 3 Built-in intermediate, 4 day workout plans
- 3 Built-in advanced, 5 day workout plans
- Supplement your workouts with our built-in HIIT Programs (High Intensity Interval Training) for shedding fat and keeping focused.
- Illustrations for each exercise within the app
- Videos for each exercise within the app
- Ability to create a fully custom workout plan of your choosing. You can choose from our available exercises, or even add your own exercise.
- Over 100 built-in exercises. These are found in our beginner, intermediate, and advanced workout plans, and are also available for creating custom workouts.
- Track your progress for each exercise and workout plan
- Built-in timer keeps you on track for your workout
- Ability to add custom finisher workouts to your routine. These finisher workouts will help you BLAST specific muscle groups at the end of each workout for maximum results.
- Access to our recommended workout equipment list. We have compiled a list of gym equipment that would help you build the best home gym on the block, and it's all yours, for free.
During the first 2 days of the week you will focus on big power movements for your upper and lower body like squats, front squats, deadlifts, deficit deadlifts, and box squats for lower body. Barbell and dumbbell presses and rows as well as weighted pullups for upper body. Your goal should be to stay in the 3-5 rep range for 3-5 working sets on the compound movements (only use one power movement for lower body, presses, and pulls/rows, i.e. don’t do squats and front squats in the same workout). Make sure you rest enough in between sets to completely recover and be ready for your next heavy set. If that means you need to take 5-6 minutes between sets then so be it. The purpose of these workouts is to move maximum weight! Save short rest periods for your hypertrophy days. On your power days you need to have a POWER mentality. Move the heavy weight at all costs! A good way to make consistent progress is to rotate your power movements every 2-3 weeks. A few sets of assistance exercises can be done for smaller body parts like hamstrings (though deadlifts and squat will involve significant hamstring recruitment), calves, shoulders, and arms.
On your hypertrophy days you should do some speed work (6-8 sets of 3 reps) with 65-70% of your 3-5 rep max to start your workout with the power exercise you used earlier in the week. For example if you did squats for 3 sets of 3-5 reps with 300 lbs earlier in the week. Then you would do 6 sets of 3 reps on squats with 195-210 lbs with an emphasis placed on moving the weight through the concentric phase of the lift as quickly as possible. Do not go too heavy on your speed sets; if you cannot move the weight explosively then it is too heavy! Rest no longer than 90 seconds in between each of the speed sets. This builds explosiveness and speed and may stimulate growth as well. Even though you are using less weight, you should still be applying maximum force to it. To elaborate on this point, you can apply the same force to 250 lbs that you apply to 400 lbs, 250 lbs will just move faster, and that is the point you want your body to be explosive. If you have access to chains or bands they can be VERY helpful in building your explosiveness. If you choose to use them however you may want to lower the weight you are using to compensate for the increased loading at the top end of the movement.
Completely redesigned PHAT workout app. Now with exercise tracking, custom workout plans, videos, illustrations, HIIT workouts, and MORE! Now with easier access to video buttons
Ratings and Reviews
Good, could be great.
This app is good for the free version. I thought purchasing the full version would give me everything I want but it really does almost nothing more than the free version. You can’t go back and edit your previous workouts (in case you fat fingered a digit and want to correct it). You can’t skip an exercise and go to a different exercise, meaning, you have to go EXACTLY in the order the app has the workouts in. Until they add this to updates, I’d say stick with the free option.
Developer Response ,
Hey, thanks for your review! We just launched a new version, and you have the ability to skip around in the workout if you want. Be sure to check it out!
Great For Building Muscle!
The new updated version is even better! I have actually been following this program for the past 5 months but was really excited when they built the app! PHAT is the best! I have put on over 20 pounds of muscle since I started. If you are eating at a caloric surplus, you will definitely gain muscle! PHAT, PHAT, PHAT, PHAT!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your positive review! We are happy that you like the updated version!
Great and Easy To Use!
PHAT is a great workout plan, and this app does an incredible job of presenting it in a way that is easy to follow and visually aesthetic. I also was able to create my own custom workout plan that fits into my lifestyle even better! You guys crushed it with this one.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- App Diggity, LLC
- 114.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © App Diggity, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Advertise remove and unlock features $2.99
- 1 Month Full Version Upgrade $4.99
- 6 Months Full Version Upgrade $24.99
- 1 Year Full Version Upgrade $39.99