Completely revised and updated, the Physicians’ Cancer Chemotherapy Drug Manual is an up-to-date guide to the latest information on standard therapy and recent advances in the field. Written by world-class experts in clinical cancer therapeutics, this essential reference provides a complete, easy-to-use catalogue of over 100 drugs and commonly used drug regimens—both on- and off-label—for the treatment of all the major cancers.
Feature and Benefits
• Addition of 10 new agents approved by the FDA within the past year and updates to new indications for several previously approved agents
• Indications, drug doses and schedules, toxicities, and special considerations for each agent expanded and revised
• A specific chapter focused on antiemetic treatment regimens for both acute and delayed nausea/vomiting
• Diagrams of drug structures and pathways for many of the agents
• A comprehensive discussion of clinical pharmacology, special considerations, indications, and dosages
• Covers toxicity and drug–drug interactions
• A section on chemotherapy regimens for all major cancers
• Provides an overview of the basic principles of cancer drug therapy.
Print Book - http://www.jblearning.com/catalog/9781284144963/
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I don't write many reviews but had to write this one. These days with a lot of information on the internet books have gone by the wayside, but this book is one I purchase every year and use regularly since its inception.
Its list format is excellent and often use them to go over toxicities with patients.
Since carrying books is too cumbersome (but we did in the past) I have opted for the Kindle version the last few years but the search function is awful often requiring only brand names to find an item and quickly moving around the electronic kindle book is so tedious that I’ve fallen back to the book version again.
This app is what the Kindle version should have been. Excellent search capability and great links to all chapters in the book and ability to bookmark.
A criticism of the book is a once a year book is not enough with how fast new agents are being approved. For the price this app should be regularly updated with new agents, guidelines and corrections.
Really a great idea to create this app version of a tremendously useful book, where you can move around the book with ease and have it with you all the time when discussing medications with patients, documenting key drug information like things to monitor and side effects or just making a plan.
- Atmosphere Apps, Inc.
- 46.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020 Jones & Bartlett Learning
- In-App Purchases
- One Year Subscription $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.