Travel around the world with Plato to learn about building healthy meals. Eat avocado toast in Australia, baobab fruit in Benin, and sautéed reindeer in Finland! Yum! Pick your favorite plates for morning, midday, and evening meals. Be sure to meet your daily nutritional needs while not going over your budget!
Pick Your Plate! A Global Guide to Nutrition is an educational nutrition game that will help teach students about building healthy meals while using nutritional guidelines from countries around the world!
• Alignment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
• Plan a healthy meal for morning, midday, and evening through engaging gameplay
• Explore food guides from Argentina, Australia, Benin, Cambodia, Finland, Lebanon, Mexico, and the United States of America
• Plan around a daily budget using currency from different countries
• Music from the UNESCO Collection of Traditional Music that is distributed by Smithsonian Folkways
• Use portion points to evaluate nutritional values
• An embedded tutorial to teach students how to play
• Designed to be used in the classroom or at home
• Three new countries: Argentina, Cambodia, and Mexico!
• More information about the nutrition guides of all eight countries
• New visual and sound effects that enhance play and learning experiences
• Bugfixes, performance improvements, and optimizations
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Interesting and enjoyable, well made but should include more locations, but in general good game, would recommend.
There should be more places start of with more money but otherwise it’s fun
- Smithsonian Institution
- 90 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2019 Smithsonian Institution. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.