PilotCalc is a utility comprising a mini Flight Log and Time Calculator. The basic functionality of the Time Calculator and the Flight Log is free with no ads, but the are several inexpensive in-app purchases available to extend the usefulness and to customise the appearance.
The Flight Log is designed to enable pilots to log basic flight information and a few notes for a series of flights, and automatically calculate the associated block, airborne and tech log times. If scheduled times are entered before flight, it also provides a countdown to departure. The Flight Log can be used in UTC or System time. There is an in-app purchase available that allows for customisation of the scheduled departure countdown, including adding and removing alert times, changing associated colours and the option to enable audio and/or background notifications for each countdown alert.
The Time Calculator is designed to add up logbook entries with minimal keystrokes, but can be used for any hours and minutes calculations, including those involving elapsed time within a 24 hour period (useful for those duty time sums at the end of a long night). There are no practical limits to the number of hours that can be added, but calculations resulting in negative time values are not supported. All calculations are held in a rolling tape for reference. There are a number of alternative colour keyboards available for a small in-app purchase.
The app was developed to work well on the relatively small screen of an iPhone but scales effectively to the larger iPad screens. This version does not allow synchronisation between devices.
Please visit www.coldaridcode.com for more information or follow us @coldaridcode for the latest news. If you find PilotCalc useful we would really appreciate a review on the App Store!
Version 2.0.2 is a bug fix release to fix issues with spurious notifications after scheduled departure, and to fix a potentially incorrect countdown colour display for overdue flights.
Version 2.0.1 is a bug fix release to include the in-app purchases.
Version 2.0 of PilotCalc is a significant update with substantial changes to the underlying code. The main visible differences are:
1. The two Flight Views from previous versions have been consolidated into a single scrolling view.
2. New fields have been added to enter the scheduled departure and arrival times.
3. Time fields have been re-ordered and colour coded for improved usability.
4. New PDF-based help file introduced with inbuilt PDF reader.
5. In-app purchases have been introduced to offer extended functionality, but all the features previously available in earlier versions of PilotCalc remain free of charge.
- There are two Calculator Colour Packs available, each offering a selection of different keyboard colours. The default keyboard has been changed to Blue & Silver but the original Blue & Orange option is still available at no charge.
- The Countdown Preferences purchase allows the creation of audible and/or background notifications, relative to the scheduled departure time, as well as customisation of the associated countdown colours.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ian Longshaw
- 29.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020-2021 Ian Longshaw
- In-App Purchases
- Calculator Colour Pack One $0.99
- Countdown Preferences $0.99
- Calculator Colour Pack Two $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.