Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get essential The Virginian-Pilot news, sports, business and entertainment coverage on your iPhone or iPad.
• Stay informed with Virginia's best source of news, sports, business and entertainment
• Sign up for push notifications to get the latest news from our newsroom as soon as stories break
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• You can read our Terms of Service here:
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
Bug fixes and updates to the push notification platform.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Enjoy keeping up with the news.
Less adds, but notifications fwd to website not app.
Ever since the website re-work it has had a ridiculous number of adds. This pushed me to the app which has a more reasonable number and provides for a better reading experience.
That said, for some reason the app notifications send me to the story on the website rather that the story on the app. This is annoying and anti intuitive. I expect and world prefer to read the story in the app. That is the point of the app after all right?
Coronavirus is in its early stages here do I want to be able to our local news from somewhere other than the tv. I JUST signed up for the 6 month digital subscription special and was led to this app “for subscribers only.” I now understand why this app has HORRIBLE reviews. The only “section” that displays something other than “Can’t connect” is the obituary tab. My wireless service is not the issue here. And, yes - it did allow me to log in and showed it was indeed my account. This is the quickest I’ve downloaded and then deleted an app. Absolutely USELESS.
- Landmark Information Services, LLC
- 105.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Copyright © 2019, The Virginian-Pilot. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Digital Access $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.