The new iPING 2.0 putter app provides authorized PING club fitters and retailers a precise and easy-to-use a tool to ensure golfers experience a tour-level putter fitting from golf’s leader in custom fitting.
The patented technology measures and analyzes five key performance indicators in the putting stroke; 1) closing angle; 2) impact angle; 3) tempo; 4) lie angle and 5) shaft lean. These stroke metrics, combined with detailed input from the golfer, are analyzed by a proprietary fitting algorithm which recommends the proper stroke type, length, loft, lie and weight for a PING putter.
The iPING 2.0 app offers three modes:
1) Advanced Fit: Club fitting professionals recommend putter specifications by considering a variety of metrics; wrist-to-floor measurements, posture, gripping style, miss tendencies, green speed and speed performance in conjunction with hitting five (5) 10 ft. putts. In this mode, putter comparisons can also be made and quantified.
2) Fit for Stroke: Club fitting professionals recommend putter specifications by capturing three (3) 10 ft. putts. Ideal for golf shop settings and quickly classifying a player’s Stroke Type.
3) Practice session: Allows club fitting and teaching professionals to measure single-stroke metrics during a putting lesson.
At this time, the iPING 2.0 app is intended for use by authorized PING retailers and club fitters only. All technical support and availability of accessories will only be available to authorized PING club fitters and retailers.
- Addition of the recommended static putter length on the Advance Fit measurements page.
- A guest feature toggle for non-PING accounts. - Overall performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
What a completely disastrous update. The IT dept at Ping should be summarily fired. Instead of changing the app to allow only authorized ping fitters, couldn't you just have made a new app? Then you could just let all of us little minion customers fade off and not have to deal with our anger for being forgotten.
And I really LOVE the resolution for the bothersome people that bought this stupid plastic $20 iPhone putter case that no longer is worth $0.05 .... the solution is to contact iTunes. What a hilarious joke Ping is.
Bought an Accessory then they cancelled access
Bought an accessory from ping to use this app and then shortly after they removed my access to the app. Ping is normally one of the most customer focused golf companies but this move leaves a very sour taste in my mouth and upset a lot of people. I don’t understand why they would remove access to the app.
update killed 3 years worth of golf rounds data
I hade been using and enjoying the Apple Watch app since it was introduced and cannot figure out why PING deleted all of my old rounds. I had even paid $ for additional features. There was no warning, it simply vanished from my watch.
I want my $ back!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.