Pinhole Assist 4+
Le bord de la piscine
The most complete app for making argentic and digital pinhole shots. Available on the AppStore since 2011! 256 pinhole camera and 110 films available!
*** Feb 8, 2019 "My favorite pinhole app!! "This is my go to app for pinhole photography…this has made getting good results much easier…" bizzy
*** Dec 16, 2016. "Wow. This app blew me away with its features and calculations (especially reciprocity fail). - Horacekenneth
*** Feb 19, 2014 Wonderful!! "This app is perfect for the pinhole photographer in the field. I love that I can save settings for all my cameras and recall them instantly in the moment. - Papskier"
*** So useful! May 26, 2013 "This takes the guesswork out of exposure calculation, since it turns your iPhone into a light meter and suggests the correct exposure! Works like a charm. Great app for pinhole photographers."
*** May 16, 2012 : "Pretty much the perfect app for pinhole", Gavin Lucas
*** March 26, 2012 "Pinhole photography - Great app! This will make pinhole photography much simpler to do", Zone v
*** November 28, 2011 "Great solution !! - Thank you for this Pinhole timing app. I have many different pinhole cameras and this will help me figure timing on all of them. Thank you !!Greg."
Pinhole Assist will be your companion to argentic and numeric pinhole, as well as view camera photography and wet-plate . The range of aperture and sensitivity (starting at 0.05 ASA ) allows for film, photo paper, wet-plate and as well as pinhole.
* Built-in camera computes exposure;
* alternatively enter EV reading for any lightmeter
* or enter time metering to compute reciprocity effect.
* Use built-in exposition timer and bubble level for optimal shot;
* The light meter has a spot-meter feature and allows for incident metering;
* Enter your camera aperture from the predefined list (170+ pinhole cameras) or compute it;
* Let the assistant automatically compensate for reciprocity of film (correction for long exposures, 60+ different curves included), or use your own curves.
* Save, restore and presets (combos) : aperture, predefined cameras, ASA and reciprocity settings
• 30+ builtin filters (red, ND…), add your own, mafast acess your favorites ,
* Log shot information : preview, exposure, metering, location, interactive map , date and a shot. Export as picture, CSV or JSON file.
You can create film and set reciprocity curve from within Pinhole Assist. Crete new ones, or tweak existing ones.
Use iTunes (on Mac/PC) to import/export access the films you created, or exchange them via email m curves (Go to the app Web Site for instructions)
* timer usability : now tapping the chrono icon directly starts the timer starting the chronometer automatically create a log.
* Combos : edit for your camera+ film combination (combo) the aperture or the predefined camera, as well as film speed and reciprocity.
* Choosing a film reciprocity now sets the film speed.
* 100+ different films, including Multigrade paper and Harman positive paper
* 250+ different pinhole and zone plate cameras : Ondu, Diana, Holga, Sténoflex, Reality soSubtle, Lensless, Ilford, Stenopéika, Vermeer, 8banners, ZeroImage, Leonardo, Carlos, Nopo, Spiral, Sharan…
Any other camera can be accommodated.
Go to the Settings to :
* adjust scales can be by ½ EV or ⅓ EV,
* enable bellow correction: a button will appear on the main screen to allow bellow adjustment, allowing to use view cameras;
* adjust the cell and incident metering constant;
* start the timer automatically or not;
* adjust log behavior.
Please note: this is not a camera app: it does not take picture. This is a sophisticated exposure calculator to take argentic (ou DSLR) shots with an pinhole camera.
We regularly update and enhance the application, for better and nicer pinhole shots.
* New in this version :
* improved main screen UI, now includes camera name, film name and filter list on phone main screen,
* code optimisation.
* added 5 MIA (Mia 4x5 35m, 4x5 50mm,6x12 Anamorphic, 6x6, 6x6 10mm and 6x6 20mm )cameras presets
* added CineStill BWXX, Silbersalz35 050D, 200T, 250D and 500T
256 camera presets and 110 films available!
You don't find your favorite film or camera ? Send us your need, we will implement it.
Ratings and Reviews
My favorite pinhole app!!
This is my go to app for pinhole photography. I just started playing around with pinhole cameras about a year ago and this has made getting good results much easier, especially because it takes reciprocity failure rate for whatever film you’re using into account.
The only other option I wish it had was the ability to key in “normal” exposure settings from a handheld light meter or dslr test shots and convert it to your pinhole exposure settings.
Regardless, this makes pinhole life soo much easier! Thanks for making this!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your appreciation. You can use an external lightmeter ou DSLR. You can enter the EV value from your lightmeter (EV for ISO 100). Set your lightmeter to ISO 100 and read the Exposure Value (between 4 and 17 usually). In pinhole Assist, just below the lightmeter and EV correction, select the tab "Manual EV scale" : there you can enter the metered EV. Alternatively, use the EV computer to report a metering done by DSLR (three bar menu -> EV computer). You can also use our other app 'Reciprocity Plus" to directly report exposure time and compute reciprocity. We hope this reply to your question.
I’m relatively new to pinhole photography. Currently using Thingyfy lenses on my EOS 5D MKIV. I tried out this app for the first time today. With all parameters set correctly, I was able to get good exposures the first time. You have to covert the aperture diameters to f stops. Then you are ready to go. I was able to get good images with long exposures at ISO 100. Very pleased. Thanks.
I really like this tool. It saves me the trouble of figuring out the exposure time given the small aperture of a pinhole camera.
However, it does crash every single time I try to add a film (when I edit the reciprocity correction table). This is very annoying.
Developer Response ,
Hello. sorry for that trouble. We haven't been able to reproduce it. Please contact us (email@example.com) so We could diagnose and remedy to that problem.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Henry Thomas
- 13.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2019 Le Bord de la Piscine
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.