*** Dec 16, 2016. "Wow. This app blew me away with its features and calculations (especially reciprocity fail). - Horacekenneth
*** Feb 19, 2014 Wonderful!! "This app is perfect for the pinhole photographer in the field. I love that I can save settings for all my cameras and recall them instantly in the moment. - Papskier"
*** So useful! May 26, 2013 "This takes the guesswork out of exposure calculation, since it turns your iPhone into a light meter and suggests the correct exposure! Works like a charm. Great app for pinhole photographers."
*** May 16, 2012 : "Pretty much the perfect app for pinhole", Gavin Lucas
*** March 26, 2012 "Pinhole photography - Great app! This will make pinhole photography much simpler to do", Zone v
*** November 28, 2011 "Great solution !! - Thank you for this Pinhole timing app. I have many different pinhole cameras and this will help me figure timing on all of them. Thank you !!Greg."
Pinhole Assist will be your companion to argentic and numeric pinhole, and wet-plate collodion photography. The range of aperture and sensitivity (starting at 0.05 ASA ) allows for 40-years photo paper, wet-plate and slow processes as well as pinhole.
* Built in camera computes exposure;
* Use built-in exposition timer and bubble level for optimal shot;
* The light meter behave globally or as or spot-meter; it allows for incident metering;
* Enter your camera aperture from the predefined list (150+ pinhole cameras) or compute it;
* Let the assistant automatically compensate for reciprocity of film (correction for long exposures, 50+ different curves included), or use your own curves.
* Save, restore and presets (combos) : aperture, predefined cameras, ASA and reciprocity settings
• 30+ builtin filters , together with new filter design and favorites for fast access,
* Log all the information about a photography : preview, exposure, metering, location, interactive map , date and a shot. This information is saved and you can annotate it and export it (CSV or JSON).
You can create film and set reciprocity curve from within Pinhole Assist. Crete new ones, or tweak existing ones.
Use iTunes (on Mac/PC) to import/export access the films you created, or exchange them via email m curves (Go to the app Web Site for instructions)
Light measurement is only available on devices with camera. However, the manual setting allows you do do estimation with text indication, or use an external cell.
* better timer usability : now tapping the chrono icon directly starts the timer starting the chronometer automatically create a log. Go to the « settings » app to disable, if you prefer the previous way.
* rebuild combo : now you can edit for each camera+ film combination (combo) the aperture or the predefined camera, as well as film speed and reciprocity.
* Enhanced film behavior: choosing a film reciprocity now sets the film speed. (Existing preselections/ combos are automatically upgraded on first launch)
* 50+ different films, including Multigrade paper and Harman positive paper
* 150+ différent pinhole and zone plate cameras : Ondu, Diana, Holga, Sténoflex, Reality soSubtle, Lensless, Ilford, Stenopéika, Vermeer, 8banners, ZeroImage, Leonardo, Carlos, Nopo, Spiral, Sharan…
Any other camera can be accommodated.
Go to the Settings to :
* adjust scales can be by ½ EV or ⅓ EV
* enable bellow correction: a button will appear on the main screen to allow bellow adjustment, allowing to use view cameras
* adjust the cell and incident metering constant
* start the timer automatically or not
* adjust log behavior
Disclaimer: this is not a camera app: it does not take picture. This is a sophisticated exposure calculator to take argentic (ou DSLR) shots with an pinhole camera.
We regularly update and enhance the application, for better and nicer pinhole shots.
* Code optimisation
* Added Polaroid ColorPro 100 /100ID/ Pro Vivid 689 film
* Added Polaroid Studio 125 film
* Polaroid T669 / 669S / T108 film on customer request
Send us your request for films and cameras !
Ratings and Reviews
My favorite pinhole app!!
This is my go to app for pinhole photography. I just started playing around with pinhole cameras about a year ago and this has made getting good results much easier, especially because it takes reciprocity failure rate for whatever film you’re using into account.
The only other option I wish it had was the ability to key in “normal” exposure settings from a handheld light meter or dslr test shots and convert it to your pinhole exposure settings.
Regardless, this makes pinhole life soo much easier! Thanks for making this!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your appreciation. You can use an external lightmeter ou DSLR. You can enter the EV value from your lightmeter (EV for ISO 100). Set your lightmeter to ISO 100 and read the Exposure Value (between 4 and 17 usually). In pinhole Assist, just below the lightmeter and EV correction, select the tab "Manual EV scale" : there you can enter the metered EV. Alternatively, use the EV computer to report a metering done by DSLR (three bar menu -> EV computer). You can also use our other app 'Reciprocity Plus" to directly report exposure time and compute reciprocity. We hope this reply to your question.
keeps getting better
Thank you, Henry, for the regular updates with the constant additions of films and cameras. There is no other app I value more.
Irreplaceable tool for Pinhole photographers!
This light metering app covers all of the territory of Pinhole Photography, including settings for pinhole size (as an f-stop value), film speed and type, and reciprocity. You can also choose between reflected OR incident metering - whichever works best for you. Since adopting this light metering tool, I have never had an unusable negative. Kudos to the developer!
- Henry Thomas
- 16.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2019 Le Bord de la Piscine
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.