*** Feb 8, 2019 "My favorite pinhole app!! "This is my go to app for pinhole photography…this has made getting good results much easier…" bizzy
*** Dec 16, 2016. "Wow. This app blew me away with its features and calculations (especially reciprocity fail). - Horacekenneth
*** Feb 19, 2014 Wonderful!! "This app is perfect for the pinhole photographer in the field. I love that I can save settings for all my cameras and recall them instantly in the moment. - Papskier"
*** So useful! May 26, 2013 "This takes the guesswork out of exposure calculation, since it turns your iPhone into a light meter and suggests the correct exposure! Works like a charm. Great app for pinhole photographers."
*** May 16, 2012 : "Pretty much the perfect app for pinhole", Gavin Lucas
*** March 26, 2012 "Pinhole photography - Great app! This will make pinhole photography much simpler to do", Zone v
*** November 28, 2011 "Great solution !! - Thank you for this Pinhole timing app. I have many different pinhole cameras and this will help me figure timing on all of them. Thank you !!Greg."
Pinhole Assist will be your companion to argentic and numeric pinhole, as well as view camera photography and wet-plate . The range of aperture and sensitivity (starting at 0.05 ASA ) allows for film, photo paper, wet-plate and as well as pinhole.
* Built in camera computes exposure;
* allows enter EV reading for any lightmeter
* Use built-in exposition timer and bubble level for optimal shot;
* The light meter has a spot-meter feature and allows for incident metering;
* Enter your camera aperture from the predefined list (170+ pinhole cameras) or compute it;
* Let the assistant automatically compensate for reciprocity of film (correction for long exposures, 60+ different curves included), or use your own curves.
* Save, restore and presets (combos) : aperture, predefined cameras, ASA and reciprocity settings
• 30+ builtin filters (red, ND…), add your own, mafast acess your favorites ,
* Log shot information : preview, exposure, metering, location, interactive map , date and a shot. Export as picture, CSV or JSON file.
You can create film and set reciprocity curve from within Pinhole Assist. Crete new ones, or tweak existing ones.
Use iTunes (on Mac/PC) to import/export access the films you created, or exchange them via email m curves (Go to the app Web Site for instructions)
* timer usability : now tapping the chrono icon directly starts the timer starting the chronometer automatically create a log.
* Combos : edit for your camera+ film combination (combo) the aperture or the predefined camera, as well as film speed and reciprocity.
* Choosing a film reciprocity now sets the film speed.
* 68 different films, including Multigrade paper and Harman positive paper
* 170+ différent pinhole and zone plate cameras : Ondu, Diana, Holga, Sténoflex, Reality soSubtle, Lensless, Ilford, Stenopéika, Vermeer, 8banners, ZeroImage, Leonardo, Carlos, Nopo, Spiral, Sharan…
Any other camera can be accommodated.
Go to the Settings to :
* adjust scales can be by ½ EV or ⅓ EV
* enable bellow correction: a button will appear on the main screen to allow bellow adjustment, allowing to use view cameras
* adjust the cell and incident metering constant
* start the timer automatically or not
* adjust log behavior
Please note: this is not a camera app: it does not take picture. This is a sophisticated exposure calculator to take argentic (ou DSLR) shots with an pinhole camera.
We regularly update and enhance the application, for better and nicer pinhole shots.
* added film Ilford Ortho 80
* added rollei films : RPX 25, RPX 100, RPX 400
Send us your request for films and cameras ! We implement those with diligency.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My favorite pinhole app!!
This is my go to app for pinhole photography. I just started playing around with pinhole cameras about a year ago and this has made getting good results much easier, especially because it takes reciprocity failure rate for whatever film you’re using into account.
The only other option I wish it had was the ability to key in “normal” exposure settings from a handheld light meter or dslr test shots and convert it to your pinhole exposure settings.
Regardless, this makes pinhole life soo much easier! Thanks for making this!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your appreciation. You can use an external lightmeter ou DSLR. You can enter the EV value from your lightmeter (EV for ISO 100). Set your lightmeter to ISO 100 and read the Exposure Value (between 4 and 17 usually). In pinhole Assist, just below the lightmeter and EV correction, select the tab "Manual EV scale" : there you can enter the metered EV. Alternatively, use the EV computer to report a metering done by DSLR (three bar menu -> EV computer). You can also use our other app 'Reciprocity Plus" to directly report exposure time and compute reciprocity. We hope this reply to your question.
I really like this tool. It saves me the trouble of figuring out the exposure time given the small aperture of a pinhole camera.
However, it does crash every single time I try to add a film (when I edit the reciprocity correction table). This is very annoying.
Developer Response ,
Hello. sorry for that trouble. We haven't been able to reproduce it. Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) so We could diagnose and remedy to that problem.
keeps getting better
Thank you, Henry, for the regular updates with the constant additions of films and cameras. There is no other app I value more.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.