Welcome to first release of the Pinwheel Caregiver App! Our parental control system designed to manage the Pinwheel Kid's Smartphone is now available on your phone.
Solve the kid / phone problem with Pinwheel. No need to figure out which parental controls manage which device best! Pinwheel's custom-built system gives you the proper tool to teach your child healthy tech habits from day one.
This Pinwheel app provides access to our Caregiver Portal. The Caregiver Portal give you the power to configure and control a Pinwheel smartphone for your child. The phone and the app work hand-in-hand to let your kid establish a healthy relationship with technology.
In this app, you can:
- **Safelist contacts.** You approve every contact the Pinwheel phone can call or text, and you can schedule when those contacts are available each day. No strangers, no spam calls, no texting friends all night.
- **Enable apps.** No app store on the Pinwheel phone **keeps app choices in your hands**, not your child's. The curated app boutique makes it easy to choose useful, healthy apps for your child. No social media, no addictive games, not internet browsing, no mindless consumption.
- **Schedule Permissions.** Our Days/Modes calendar lets you choose which contacts and apps are available at what times of day. No texting friends during school, no staying up late using apps. You choose what they can do during different times of day. No need to constantly remind them what is and isn't ok. **Pinwheel helps them develop healthy boundaries around technology use, without the drama**.
- **Create Routines.** Help your child learn to be more independent and responsible with Pinwheel's fully-customizable checklists. A morning routine to make sure they're ready for school on time, with teeth brushed and backpack in hand. A bedtime routine for evening peace. Routines for chores, for music practice, for anything you'd like your kid to do without you telling them for the millionth time. Gold stars and confetti help them celebrate their daily wins and nurture good habits as they *ask* to stay on track.
- **Parent Them Well.** Live Status shows you the location of the phone. Text history and a Bark subscription allow you to monitor and coach them on appropriate communication.
"Waiting as long as possible" for a phone isn't a plan. Giving them a phone designed for adults and hoping you set up all the controls correctly is a recipe for stress. Pinwheel solves the kid phone problem, with a phone designed to work for both of you.
You get a tool to teach them how to use technology well. They get a phone that helps them live their best life.
Download the Caregiver Portal app today to explore the parental controls for free! Visit our website to purchase a phone for your child, and put the controls to use.
**Pinwheel Subscription Pricing**
This Pinwheel Caregiver Portal app is a companion app to Pinwheel phones. It does not work with other phones. You are welcome to explore the app for free! To use with a Pinwheel phone, the app is $14.99 per month for the first paired device, and $5 per month for each additional device.
See more information and purchase Pinwheel phones on our website: http://pinwheel.com
Pinwheel phones are unlocked devices, which allow you to choose your cellular plan from many major networks and providers. Pinwheel does not provide cellular service. The cost for cellular service depends on which carrier and plan you choose. Our website has recommendations and information on those. For your convenience, we can even help you set up service.
If you have any questions, need help with Pinwheel, or want to provide feedback, please contact our Customer Care Team: email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Pinwheel app works great
With this app I can manage my two kids phones. Install apps, check on their texts, approve safelist of contacts. It’s amazing to see terrible spam text messages (some inappropriate for kids) blocked by Pinwheel that thankfully never reached them, but I can still see them and delete them. Easier to manage than their iPads.
Not ready for prime time - I feel suckered
The idea behind this phone and it’s functionality is good. The execution is not. I just sent my son off to school, riding with a driver from a kid driving service (because the school is a half hour away). I only felt comfortable using that service, because I had bought the Pinwheel phone for him, allowing him to text me whenever he needed to, and allowing me to track his location. Well, I sent him numerous texts this morning, and 70% of them didn’t go through. In addition, the Location service did not work at all. It sits there saying “pinging… this takes 2-5 minutes.” First of all, if Uber and Lyft can show you where your driver is at all times, why can’t this device do the same thing? Why would it take 5 minutes? Second, it never even went through. What’s going on with this? If I can’t get tracking services to work (and I’m telling you, that is a function of this phone that should never be allowed to get switched off on the kid end), this phone is useless. The app is also clunky and confusing when trying to set controls on multiple kids. Fix these glitches, or we will need to switch to another device.
I LOVE PINWHEEL!
Pinwheel is great at assisting parents and kids in this challenging tech world. Pinwheel makes me feel prepared for when the full smartphone time comes for my child. I love the safelist contacts feature, curated apps, and permission scheduling for those contacts and apps. No more wrestling with parental controls.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Firepit Inc
- 88.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Pinwheel
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.