Pixelmator Pro is currently on sale with a huge discount of 50%!
Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy-to-use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With over 50 image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro has everything you need to edit photos, draw illustrations, create designs, paint digital paintings, and be creative in just about any way you can imagine. Designed to be the ultimate Mac app, Pixelmator Pro has won multiple awards, including the Mac App of the Year awarded by Apple, and is one of the best-rated apps on the Mac App Store.
Edit and enhance photos
• Adjust the colors in your photos in any way you want using a powerful collection of pro-grade color adjustments
• Use machine learning-powered tools to automatically enhance photos, increase resolution, correct white balance, and remove noise
• Magically remove unwanted objects from images using the incredible Repair tool
• Automatically remove the background from images using the AI-powered Remove Background feature
• Quickly make good-looking shots spectacular with over 40 presets that create cinematic, vintage, photographic film, and many other looks
• Enjoy full support for RAW photos from over 600 of the most popular digital cameras
• Make precise selective edits using color adjustments layers
Create stunning designs
• Create beautiful designs in moments with over 200 Pixelmator Team-created templates
• Find templates for a range of different formats including posters, social media posts, resumes, and more
• Combine the power of ML Super Resolution, Remove Background, and Auto Fill to effortlessly replace placeholder content in templates and mockups using Smart Replace
• Harness the full power of layer-based editing to design posters, webpages, or apps from scratch
• Easily transform the look of templates using built-in alternative elements — lighting, shapes, effects, and illustrations
• Add text and customize all its typography features, including font, size, emphasis, alignment, ligatures, spacing, indents, and much more
• Quickly and effortlessly lay out and align objects using the intelligent Arrange tool
• Combine any of over 60 versatile, nondestructive effects to develop any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Customize the look of layers using layers styles, such as Fill, Stroke, Drop Shadow, and Inner Shadow
• Showcase your designs in stunning, fully-customizable mockups
Draw and illustrate
• Create vector designs using a full set of vector tools, including Pen and Freeform Pen tools
• Speed up creating illustrations with over 200 stylish shapes designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Add customizable Smart Shapes to quickly create your custom shapes
• Import and export vector files in SVG format
Sketch and paint
• Paint digital or traditional paintings with a collection of beautiful, handcrafted dual-texture brushes
• Take advantage of full support for graphics tablets to paint with pressure and tilt sensitivity
• Enjoy incredibly fast and responsive painting thanks to a cutting-edge painting engine powered by the Metal graphics technology
Machine learning-powered editing
• Automatically enhance images with machine learning-powered features including ML Enhance, ML Match Colors, ML Super Resolution, ML Denoise, and ML Crop
• Quickly and easily make accurate selections using the Quick Selection tool
• Edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, WebP and JPEG-2000
• Open and export Photoshop images with layers
• Share your images to Photos, Mail, AirDrop, and other locations
Built exclusively for Mac
• Pixelmator Pro is a Universal app that is fully optimized for Macs with Apple silicon
• Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Ventura
• Enjoy support for iCloud Drive, Versions, a full-featured Photos extension, Shortcuts, Light and Dark Modes, Split View, AppleScript, Apple Pencil, and more
Pixelmator Pro 3.1 is now fully compatible with the powerful new macOS Ventura, brings an ultra-fast Pixelmator Pro document opening experience, adds initial support for AVIF images, and introduces an all-new smooth corner style together with options for adjusting the radius of individual corners.
• Pixelmator Pro is now fully compatible with and works great on macOS 13 Ventura.
• Enjoy instant Pixelmator Pro document opening thanks to document loading performance improvements.
• With initial support for the AVIF file format, you can now open AVIF images in Pixelmator Pro.
• Use the all-new smooth corner style to create beautiful new shapes, including squircles.
• Easily adjust corner radius with handy on-canvas controls.
• Set the radius of shape corners individually.
• Adjust the radius of individual corners by Command-dragging a radius handle.
• In the template chooser, open Recents by pressing the Command-R keyboard shortcut.
• Thanks to the all-new Clear Recents button, you can now clear recent blank documents and recent templates from Recents.
• Track export progress with a new on-canvas progress indicator.
• The last used "Shrink text to fit" setting will now be remembered for new layers and documents.
• Template metadata would not contain the actual document creation date. Fixed.
• When exporting images at a 0.5x scale factor, certain text layers would occasionally disappear. Fixed.
• After using ML Super Resolution, some of the Export for Web settings would become unresponsive. Fixed.
• In certain situations, Pixelmator Pro documents would not open on external displays. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Pro in general? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
An Absolute Pleasure to Use!
I started with Pixelmator Classic, mainly because it provided a great alternative to Photoshop. In practice, I found it daunting to use. I then went over to Affinity apps, which are incredibly powerful tools, and you only pay their price once. Although Affinity is absolutely fantastic and completely maximized for Apple Silicon, it sometimes can hold you back speed wise, because it has so many features available to you at once. I don't know what made me revisit Pixelmator Pro, but I'm glad I did. I can't believe how easy it is to use.....and very fast. I feel like the workflow is so much more fluid. And not only that, it has vector graphics capability as well. It's so easy to switch back and forth between work environments. And Pixelmator Pro integrates into Apple Photos, Final Cut Pro, and Motion so easily. Also, the machine learning in the app is absolutely insane and surprisingly accurate. I can't believe I ignored this app for so many years. It is an absolute pleasure to use....it basically gets all the technical stuff out the way, and now I can focus on experimenting, developing and finalizing ideas quickly. The Pixelmator team has the magic sauce and it can only get better from here. This is my testimony.
Developer Response ,
The pleasure is all ours! Thanks for the awesome feedback.
Pixelmator Pro just keeps getting better and better
I remember when Pixelmator Pro came out and dazzled everyone with it's instantaneous filter affects utilizing the GPU (putting shame on "the" primary image editor at the time), and then a bit later they had a few GUI improvements here and there.
However, in the last year or two something amazing has happened -- they seem to have crossed some knee-of-the-curve for innovation and new features. Every time I turn around, Pixelmator Pro is doing something new, something cool, something better and it's just fantastic. Pixelmator Pro is on the very top of my watch list for what incredible photo editing technology is about to get popular.
Pixelmator Pro doesn't pull punches when it comes to editing photos. It's not generic applications of filters, it's not a set of precanned special effects. From their AI Enhance to non-destructive highly-granular controls for experts, coupled now with automation ... this is a must-have tool for the professional photographer, even if you already have other tools. I'm constantly turning to Pixelmator Pro and it'd got my back every time.
An Excellent Photoshop Replacement
Like many, I have used Photoshop for a very long time—since the early 90s. I was very upset when Adobe switched to a subscription model which I thought was expensive, and started to look for a replacement. I had dabbled with Pixelmator a few years ago but was able to keep Photoshop CS5 going on my Mac and was able to stick with it, even as far as Mojave. But then a few months ago, Photoshop finally started to crash every time I launched it and I was unable to use it anymore. I tried Affinity Photo after having read good reviews, and it is a powerful program, but the User Interface and commands are too different from Photoshop and the learning curve was too steep for me. So I gave Pixelmator a second look and was pleased to find that the UI and commands were quite intuitive and more similar to Photoshop. I highly recommend this app: it fulfills all my needs and the price is right. It's easy to use and works great. You can't go wrong with this. I highly recommend it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 506.7 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2022 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.