Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
Exceptional Design and Functionality
• The modern, single-window interface of Pixelmator Pro is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
• An intuitive and refined interface makes pro image editing easy and accessible to everyone — from complete beginners to design professionals
• With both dark and light appearances, Pixelmator Pro seamlessly adapts to the Light and Dark Modes of macOS
• A full-featured Photos extension lets you edit images using Pixelmator Pro without ever leaving Photos, saving layered, nondestructive edits directly to your library
• Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
• Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
• Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
• Adjust the colors in images with a collection of nondestructive color adjustments
• Use the Core ML-powered ML Enhance to automatically improve the look of your photos
• Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images right inside Pixelmator Pro without having to preprocess them
• Create digital or traditional paintings using a collection of handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
• Combine the built-in effects in Pixelmator Pro to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Save the adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations your create, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
• Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, and lighten or darken precise areas using a full set of retouching tools
• Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images, create striking artistic effects or make subtle changes to portrait photos
• Add high-quality, customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Create your own vector graphics using the Pen tool
• Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
• Optimize and save your images for the web, using advanced compression to shrink file sizes to the smallest possible
• Batch process images using built-in Automator actions
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
• Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism using the Repair tool
• Use ML Enhance to intelligently enhance photos with a machine learning algorithm trained on millions of professional photos
• Automatically copy the look of one photo to another with ML Match Colors
• Remove image noise and compression artifacts while preserving details using ML Denoise
• Intelligently straighten images using the Crop tool's horizon detection feature
• Quickly make accurate selections with ease using the Quick Selection tool
• Automatically give descriptive names to the layers you add
• Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, and JPEG-2000
• Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
• Open and edit SVG vector images
• Share your images to Photos, Mail, AirDrop and other locations right from Pixelmator Pro
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Catalina.
Pixelmator Pro 1.5 Avalon adds full support for macOS Catalina, the new Mac Pro, and Pro Display XDR, brings intelligent, machine-learning powered noise removal, includes big performance improvements, and a whole lot more.
• Pixelmator Pro is now fully compatible with macOS Catalina, including support for Sidecar and SF Symbols.
• Take full advantage of the power of the new Mac Pro thanks to multi-GPU support and an optimized Metal architecture in Pixelmator Pro.
• Unlock new RAW editing workflows with the new Pro Display XDR and EDR Mode in Pixelmator Pro to use the full 1600-nit peak brightness of the incredible new display.
• Use the new ML Denoise to intelligently remove noise and even image compression artifacts from photos.
• Enjoy significant performance improvements to zooming and scrolling (at least 10x), effects (up to 3x), and painting (up to 2x).
• Zooming and scrolling are now at least 10 times faster thanks to asynchronous rendering. Plus, it’s always responsive, even if the image preview isn’t quite yet ready.
• Zooming is even faster in any Mac with multiple GPUs as any integrated, discrete, and external GPUs will be used to speed it up.
• Effects will now be applied and rendered up to 3 times faster.
• All painting tools (including brush-based retouching tools) are now up to 2 times faster.
• The Color Adjustments, Effects, and Zoom tools now have shortcut menus on the canvas to adjust image zoom and customize viewing.
• For any images without a color profile, the Info bar will now show No Color Profile instead of Device RGB.
• The standard sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile will now be shortened to sRGB in the Info bar.
• In the Color Profile pop-up menu, None has been moved to the bottom of the list and any custom color spaces will be shown at the top.
• The Select Color Range tool now makes better selections of dark regions.
• The Free mode in the Free Transform Mode has been renamed to Resize (because that’s what it actually does).
• An alert will now appear when documents cannot be saved due to insufficient permissions.
• An updated version of the Gilbert Color font adds Katakana characters.
• Text in SVG files was being displayed incorrectly. Fixed.
• Using the Export command in the File menu would sometimes export smaller than expected images. Fixed.
• Attempting to save documents with very complex selections would sometimes cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• Images with large custom color spaces would be opened incorrectly. Fixed.
• When copying and pasting between documents, certain layers would occasionally be positioned incorrectly. Fixed.
• Occasionally, when painting on layers, they would shift slightly. Fixed.
• When converting rotated vector shapes into pixels, they would sometimes shift slightly. Fixed.
• In some regions, the Color LCD color profile would not be displayed correctly in the Color Profile and Export windows. Fixed.
• When using the Free Selection tool, the cursor would not update when moving it from the Tool Options pane onto the canvas. Fixed.
• On rare occasions, Pixelmator Pro would stop responding or quit unexpectedly when resizing text. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Pro in general? We’d love to hear it at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and Reviews
I gave up photoshop because of the ongoing cost. I saw this, and looked over some tutorials on you tube. I was amazed at all the adjustments, many with machine learning. It is crazy easy to use, and made my photo look great. I just purchased this app, so I have just used it on one photo. With the great things you can do with this app makes working on photos a joy. I am not a pro, I have to take a few shots, to get one or two I am really happy with on the road. But my photo went from I am happy with it, to it was beautiful. I think anyone would love this app, and since I had pixelmator from a long time ago, but did not use use it because I went to photoshop instead, I received a discount for the upgrade. You cannot beat the price. Well worth it even without the discount.
Works great..had to update my firmware for NIKON D850
I’ve been a user of Pixelmator for years.I know you guys are still working on this app, but it’s buggy. I will be using the healing tool then all of a sudden the picture goes black just shows a yellow line where I was editing. Then I have to quit and start it up again until it does it again. Sometimes, it just quits and I have to restart.
ALSO…THIS APP DOES NOT SUPPORT NIKON RAW FILES (NEF) FOR THE D850! ARE YOU KIDDING ME…… NOT VERY PRO. WILL YOU EVER CHANGE THIS PIXELMATOR? Most consumers will just fine with cheaper version of Pixelmator. It will do everything you need it to do without spending $60.
UPDATE: AUGUST 1ST 2018..
Pixelmator Pro is still NOT compatible with Nikon D850, but now High Sierra does.. When I try to open in Pixelmator Pro to edit them it tell me either the file is damage or the file is not compatible with Pixelmator. Almost a year the camera has been out and Apple’s version high “photoshop” can hang with a PRO CAMERA….FAIL!
UPDATE OCTOBER 1ST 2018..
So, it turned out that there was a firmware update for my camera for it to be compatible for my mac and RAW images. Works great! Changed by rating from a 3 to a 5 star. Go to the Nikon site and download the firmware update on an sd card and load it into the camera! Perfecto!
Developer Response ,
Awesome, thanks for taking the time to update the review! And let us know if you have any other feedback or bump into any other issues.
Poor on Apple's Part with Metal II Unsupported for Me
The Pixelmator Pro Team did something special for me. Apple checks back to the year of manufacture for my 2010 Mac Pro 12-core and says not supported. So, I could not update even after I was allowed by the App Store to purchase it at version 1.3.0 and update at version 1.3.2, but at no other times. I've maxed out with everything available that could work in my machine until the new Mac Pro comes out late this year. So it does work great and the nice thing the Pixelmator Pro Team did for me was to provide me with a download because I've already purchased their finen product. So, I'm good to go again.
Developer Response ,
We realize this is a frustrating experience but, unfortunately, it is out of our control for now. We'd be happy to send you the updates ourselves via email, though, if you were to email us at email@example.com. Apologies for the inconvenience!
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 178.7 MB
- Graphics & Design
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2019 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.