Pixelmator Pro is rated 4.8 out of 5 stars worldwide with over 32,000 five-star ratings.
Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy-to-use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With over 50 image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro has everything you need to edit photos, draw illustrations, create designs, paint digital paintings, and be creative in just about any way you can imagine. Designed to be the ultimate Mac app, Pixelmator Pro has won multiple awards, including the Mac App of the Year awarded by Apple, and is one of the best-rated apps on the Mac App Store.
Edit and enhance
• Adjust the colors in your photos and even videos in any way you want using a powerful collection of pro-grade color adjustments
• Use machine learning-powered tools to automatically remove image background, enhance photos and videos, increase resolution, correct white balance, and remove noise
• Magically remove unwanted objects from images using the incredible Repair tool
• Quickly make good-looking shots spectacular with over 40 presets that create cinematic, vintage, photographic film, and many other looks
• Enjoy full support for RAW photos from over 600 of the most popular digital cameras
• Make precise selective edits using color adjustments layers
Create stunning designs
• Create beautiful designs in moments with over 200 Pixelmator Team-created templates
• Find templates for a range of different formats including posters, social media posts, resumes, and more
• Combine the power of ML Super Resolution, Remove Background, and Auto Fill to effortlessly replace placeholder content in templates and mockups using Smart Replace
• Harness the full power of layer-based editing to design posters, webpages, or apps from scratch
• Easily transform the look of templates using built-in alternative elements — lighting, shapes, effects, and illustrations
• Add text and customize all its typography features, including font, size, emphasis, alignment, ligatures, spacing, indents, and much more
• Quickly and effortlessly and align objects using the intelligent Arrange tool
• Combine any of over 60 versatile, nondestructive effects to develop any artistic or special effects you can imagine
• Customize the look of layers using layers styles, such as Fill, Stroke, Drop Shadow, and Inner Shadow
• Showcase your designs in stunning, fully-customizable mockups
Draw and illustrate
• Create vector designs using a full set of vector tools, including Pen and Freeform Pen tools
• Speed up creating illustrations with over 200 stylish shapes designed by the Pixelmator Team
• Add customizable Smart Shapes to quickly create your custom shapes
• Import and export vector files in SVG format
Sketch and paint
• Paint digital or traditional paintings with a collection of beautiful, handcrafted dual-texture brushes
• Take advantage of full support for graphics tablets to paint with pressure and tilt sensitivity
• Enjoy incredibly fast and responsive painting thanks to a cutting-edge painting engine powered by the Metal graphics technology
Machine learning-powered editing
• Automatically enhance images with machine learning-powered features including ML Enhance, ML Match Colors, ML Super Resolution, ML Denoise, and ML Crop
• Quickly and easily make accurate selections using the Quick Selection tool
• Open files in popular image and video formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, WebP, JPEG-2000, AVIF, MP4, MOV, and more
• Open and export Photoshop images with layers
• Share your images or videos to Photos, Mail, AirDrop, and other locations
Built exclusively for Mac
• Pixelmator Pro is a Universal app that is fully optimized for Mac devices with Apple silicon
• Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Ventura
• Enjoy support for iCloud Drive, Versions, a full-featured Photos extension, Shortcuts, Light and Dark Modes, Split View, AppleScript, Apple Pencil, and more
Pixelmator Pro 3.2.3 introduces the powerful, machine learning-powered Deband feature, which lets you magically remove color posterization and compression artifacts from your images, adds new gorgeous holiday templates for creating holiday cards, posters, social media posts, stories, and more.
• Magically improve the quality of your images by removing color banding and compression artifacts using the new, machine learning-powered Deband feature.
• Find Deband in the Format menu at the top of your screen or by using the Control-Shift-B keyboard shortcut.
• Get the best debanding results in images with 16-bit color depth. When an image has 8-bit-per-channel depth, choose Image > Color Depth > 16 Bits/Channel to convert it, then apply Deband.
• Automatically remove color banding from your images using AppleScript support for Deband.
• Create beautiful holiday cards, posters, social media posts, and stories using the all-new holiday templates.
• Create social media posts and stories about your best moments of the year with beautiful year-in-review templates.
• Quickly customize your holiday templates by replacing placeholder content and choosing from different built-in color palettes and alternative elements designed for each template individually.
• The machine learning-powered ML Denoise, ML Super Resolution, and ML Match Colors have been renamed to Denoise, Super Resolution, and Match Colors.
• In some cases, SVG files downloaded from the internet, wouldn't open. Fixed.
• When opening videos with a non-square pixel aspect ratio, they'd appear stretched. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Pro in general? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ratings and Reviews
An Absolute Pleasure to Use!
I started with Pixelmator Classic, mainly because it provided a great alternative to Photoshop. In practice, I found it daunting to use. I then went over to Affinity apps, which are incredibly powerful tools, and you only pay their price once. Although Affinity is absolutely fantastic and completely maximized for Apple Silicon, it sometimes can hold you back speed wise, because it has so many features available to you at once. I don't know what made me revisit Pixelmator Pro, but I'm glad I did. I can't believe how easy it is to use.....and very fast. I feel like the workflow is so much more fluid. And not only that, it has vector graphics capability as well. It's so easy to switch back and forth between work environments. And Pixelmator Pro integrates into Apple Photos, Final Cut Pro, and Motion so easily. Also, the machine learning in the app is absolutely insane and surprisingly accurate. I can't believe I ignored this app for so many years. It is an absolute pleasure to use....it basically gets all the technical stuff out the way, and now I can focus on experimenting, developing and finalizing ideas quickly. The Pixelmator team has the magic sauce and it can only get better from here. This is my testimony.
Developer Response ,
The pleasure is all ours! Thanks for the awesome feedback.
Pixelmator Pro just keeps getting better and better
I remember when Pixelmator Pro came out and dazzled everyone with it's instantaneous filter affects utilizing the GPU (putting shame on "the" primary image editor at the time), and then a bit later they had a few GUI improvements here and there.
However, in the last year or two something amazing has happened -- they seem to have crossed some knee-of-the-curve for innovation and new features. Every time I turn around, Pixelmator Pro is doing something new, something cool, something better and it's just fantastic. Pixelmator Pro is on the very top of my watch list for what incredible photo editing technology is about to get popular.
Pixelmator Pro doesn't pull punches when it comes to editing photos. It's not generic applications of filters, it's not a set of precanned special effects. From their AI Enhance to non-destructive highly-granular controls for experts, coupled now with automation ... this is a must-have tool for the professional photographer, even if you already have other tools. I'm constantly turning to Pixelmator Pro and it'd got my back every time.
An Excellent Photoshop Replacement
Like many, I have used Photoshop for a very long time—since the early 90s. I was very upset when Adobe switched to a subscription model which I thought was expensive, and started to look for a replacement. I had dabbled with Pixelmator a few years ago but was able to keep Photoshop CS5 going on my Mac and was able to stick with it, even as far as Mojave. But then a few months ago, Photoshop finally started to crash every time I launched it and I was unable to use it anymore. I tried Affinity Photo after having read good reviews, and it is a powerful program, but the User Interface and commands are too different from Photoshop and the learning curve was too steep for me. So I gave Pixelmator a second look and was pleased to find that the UI and commands were quite intuitive and more similar to Photoshop. I highly recommend this app: it fulfills all my needs and the price is right. It's easy to use and works great. You can't go wrong with this. I highly recommend it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 539.3 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2022 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.