Experience grouping and ungrouping in our decimal number system with this interactive place value chart.
Touch the chart to create tokens and move them around with your finger. Is this always possible?
Remove tokens by moving them to the top of the chart. Shake your iPad or iPhone to remove all of them.
Some activities supported by this place value chart:
- How can you create large numbers using the least number of tokens?
- How can you remove tokens quickly without shaking the device?
- What happens if a token is moved from the hundreds to the ones? And what happens if you first move it to the tens place and then to the ones?
This brand new version features new options to show totals, both as a number and in written english. Furthermore it is possible to use it for decimal fractions.
The educational design of this interactive place value chart has been developed by Prof. Ulrich Kortenkamp (Didactics of Mathematics, University of Potsdam, Germany) and Prof. Silke Ladel (Didactics of Primary Education, Mathematics, Saarland University, Germany). It supports the development of mental concepts for place values in decimal systems and targets elementary and primary and lower secondary education.
* Added support for new display sizes and for a fifth column.
* Added a "Euro mode" for working with representations using bank notes and coins.
* You can switch off the magic bundling/undbundling in the preferences
* New localization to Afrikaans
* Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
The app can only be configured to the thousand place. It is a complete waste of money without a clear directions and numbers to build that are seen clearly by a student.
Doesn't have the features described
The App Store says that the app can be configured to show more than hundreds tens and ones but if this is the case I can't see how to do it.
Developer Response ,
This can be configured in the global System Preferences app of the iPhone/iPad. We put all of the configuration there in order to avoid inadvertent changes by students.
Terrible. Wasted my $.99
This app does nothing educational. There is no way to clear. There are no directions. Does not help children IN ANY WAY.
I have already deleted this app, so no child in my kindergarten gets turned off math..
Do not waste your money.
Also, I cannot report a problem to get a refund.
I wish I didn't have to give it 1 star, but it won't accept this review without a star. More dishonesty.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ulrich Kortenkamp
- 3.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Maori, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2023 Ulrich Kortenkamp
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.