Surprise, delight and thrill crowds as you build the theme park of your dreams. Build and design incredible coaster parks with unparalleled attention to detail and manage your park in a truly living world.
C R E A T E
Planet Coaster makes a designer out of everyone. Lay paths, build scenery, customize rides and make everything in your park unique with piece-by-piece construction and over a thousand unique building components.
Play with nature and reshape the land beneath your feet. Sculpt the landscape to raise mountains, form lakes, dig caverns and even build islands in the sky, then weave coasters through your park above ground and below.
Recreate your favorite rides or leave the real world at the door. However you love to play, the most realistic rides and most realistic reactions from your guests make Planet Coaster the most authentic simulation ever.
M A N A G E
The deepest park simulation in gaming history rewards your skills and makes management fun. Control every aspect of your guests’ experience and watch as Planet Coaster’s world reacts to your choices in an instant.
A Living World
Every park guest is an expressive individual who thinks, feels and explores your park with their own interests and desires. Together Planet Coaster’s guests will tell you at a glance just how well your park is run.
You’re the boss with accessible controls that make management fun. Test your skills in a campaign of creative scenarios, or just build for fun and tweak your parks to surprise, delight and thrill your guests.
If your system does not meet these minimums, Planet Coaster will NOT run on your Mac.
Operating System: 10.14 (Mojave) or later
Processor: Intel Core i5 (4 cores)
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Memory: 6 GB
Hard Drive Space: 15 GB
Video Card (AMD): Radeon R9 M290
Video Card (NVIDIA): GeForce GTX 775M
VRAM: 2 GB
Technical Support Notes
Planet Coaster on Mac App Store does not support the Steam Workshop
You can contact Aspyr’s Support Team via support.aspyr.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So far, a bag of hurt, but I'll give it time
My son has been super excited for this. We've never played it before on any platform.
Right out of the box, several concerning problems:
- Couldn't get pan/tilt to work at all with the Apple Bluetooth Magic mouse, because of the evident lack of a third button. (We tried resetting it in Settings, or trying to "rebind" it to a Left Right click - no dice.) We found a Windows mouse lying around, and that seems to be working. But this is the Mac version - why would it not work (or, if there is some trick we're missing here, why would it not work easily) with the mouse that *every* Mac comes with.
- Brand new, empty park, and the processor on my 2019 27” iMac is already churning at 260%, causing not just the program to stall, but the whole system to freeze.
- The slightest mis-touch of something and the full screen window slides out of full-screen, and you need to manually, laboriously drag it back. Over and over again.
- Already come across several “Steam” references - this is the Mac App Store version, and my understanding is that this, and the Steam store version, are not interoperable. So why are we seeing references to it?
It seems like a great game, with glowing reviews over several years on other platforms, but this initial experience on the Mac version has been less than ideal, to say the least.
Controls need major updates.
Controls need major updates and require a "left and right" clicking function which Macbook Pro does not have. Trying to change the controls is a nighmare as you need to "connect the XBOX joystick". Could be a great game for future purchase but at the moment it is not. Update controls.
Makes me happy
This game is absolutely incredible and makes me so happy whenever I play it.
- Aspyr Media (iDP)
- 11.9 GB
macOS 10.14.6 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Planet Coaster is a registered trademark of Frontier Developments plc. Planet Coaster © 2016 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Quick Draw Interactive
- Magnificent Rides Collection $10.99
- Vintage Pack $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.