** Featured on MacStories, 9to5Mac, Daring Fireball, Mac Power Users, iMore, MacMagazine, AppAdvice & more! **
Play is the best way to bookmark and organize videos to watch later.
Add videos via the Share Menu, drag and drop them, import from a playlist, or automatically from YouTube channels*. Organize them with tags, add notes, assign a star rating, and more. Watch supported YouTube videos in-app for a native experience. Follow YouTube channels and get new videos as they're released*. Easily save videos you want to watch and delete the rest. iCloud sync keeps your database up-to-date on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV. You can also add and customize Interactive Widgets to quickly view and access your videos.
Supported services: YouTube, Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV, Letterboxd, Apple Music, Apple Developer, LinkedIn Learning, Rumble, Khan Academy, Vimeo, BBC, O’Reilly Learning, TED, Nebula, and Odysee. You can also add videos from other platforms by manually filling in all the required fields.
- Use the Share Menu throughout the system, drag and drop links, or import from a playlist.
- Watch YouTube videos within the app, right in the video details panel, and also on a new separate window.
- Follow YouTube channels and get new videos as they're released*. Easily save videos you want to watch and delete the rest.
- Use the Add Video action in the Shortcuts app to integrate Play into your automated workflows.
ORGANIZE YOUR COLLECTION
- Create and assign tags to videos.
- Use Auto-Tagging to tag videos automatically based on the rules you set.
- Deep Search allows searching your videos by multiple criteria.
- Create a Smart Search to automatically filter videos based on a set of rules.
- Use Focus Filter with Focus to limit the videos and tags shown in the app.
- Perform bulk actions and organize multiple videos at once.
- All Play features and data are available through the Shortcuts app, so you can create custom shortcuts and automate your workflow.
- iCloud automatically syncs your database to your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.
- Easily access your bookmarked videos from the Desktop with interactive Widgets.
- Watch supported YouTube videos in-app for a native experience.
- You can also watch YouTube videos using Invidious or Piped, or natively in-app.
- Customize the widget's sort order, filtering options, and tags to see a specific set of videos.
- Change the widget color to better match your Home Screen.
- Enjoy multiple layout choices, personalize your metadata display preferences, control the sidebar contents, and more - tailor your experience down to the finest detail.
Play is a modern app with support for the latest system features such as Interactive Widgets, App Shortcuts, Action Extension, iCloud sync, dark mode, and more. Play is also available on the iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV as a universal app. So you can enjoy it across iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS with a single purchase.
* The Channels feature requires Play Premium subscription.
• Added AirPlay support to the inline player.
• Added the ability to control-click the Start At button to set it as the currently running time.
• You can now create an Auto-Tag based on the video description.
Play 2.0 brings the ability to follow YouTube channels and get new videos as they're released. You can save the ones you want to watch, and delete the rest. It integrates harmoniously with the existing feature set, allowing you to have a complete YouTube experience within the app - get new videos, save, organize, and watch without algorithms!
It also adds the ability to create folders for Tags and Smart Searches, giving you more ways to catalog and organize your videos.
These features are part of Play Premium, a subscription designed for features that extend Play's capabilities beyond saving videos for later. It brings a more sustainable business model to the app and allows me to invest in more advanced features, ensuring the app's long-term development.
Ratings and Reviews
I wish I've gotten this sooner!
I read about this app on 9to5Mac but for some reason I didn't immediately download it. A few weeks ago I redownloaded it and oh my god why didn't I do this sooner?! I *needed* an app like this for so long!!! The tagging features, the ability to add notes, the ability to quickly add a video I come across without filling up my playlists, being able to search, being able to add multiple at once...I cannot stress how much of a life saver this app is. I'm ecstatic someone finally made it! Thank you!!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the review! Im super happy to know that Play’s features are helping you save and access your videos saved for later!
Could improve usability
It's a good example of an app designed to do one thing. Whether or not it is doing its one thing *well* depends a lot on your workflow. Don't expect to be able to add tags to video when adding them; don't expect any kind of advanced filtering or sorting.
For example, you definitely can't filter/sort items that *do* have X tag(s) but *do not* have Y tag(s). You can't display items with X tag(s) but then sort or group items together with Y tag(s).
Applying tags to items is probably one of the most annoying problems: You cannot select multiple items and assign tag(s) to all of them at once. It's even more frustrating that you cannot add tags while importing/adding items.
It would be extremely nice to be able to select tags during import. It would be even nicer to have the option to automatically apply whatever tags are currently used as a filter when adding new items so that users don't have to reset their filters, go back to the full list of items, apply tags to items (one by one), and then set up filters again. That isn't a great user experience.
However, the app is new and the developer seems eager to keep adding features and improving the app. It really is useful, and the many features that *are* implemented are pretty well thought out.
I'll definitely be adjust my rating as the app continues to improve. Thankfully, this is exactly the kind of app I feel confident *will* continue to improve.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! I already have some of these items on my list, and they will be released in future updates soon.
Perfect ‘watch later’ app, especially for Apple TV!
This app fits the way I often save videos to watch later *perfectly.* I find stuff around the web during my day-to-day, want to save it somewhere, then watch a lot of it on my Apple TV while on lunch or in the evening. I save stuff to Play from the share sheet, turn on my Apple TV, and all these links are just there immediately. 👨🏻🍳’s 💋 Play rules, get it!
Developer Response ,
I'm happy to know you're enjoying the app! Thanks for the review!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Loop Apps LTDA
- 13.6 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Marcos Tanaka
- In-App Purchases
- Play Premium $19.99
- Play Premium $2.99
- Play Premium (Lifetime) $99.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.