*** 2016 Kidscreen Award - Best Learning App! ***
Go on a nature adventure with Plum's Creaturizer! Kids and families can build wild creatures, then head outdoors to photograph them right in their own backyard. It's part of PLUM LANDING, a PBS KIDS project that helps kids develop a love for this amazing, beautiful, and dramatic planet we call home.
The app provides opportunities for kids and their families to interact with nature in a thoughtful way and have fun exploring together.
• Build a billion (really!) unique creatures using over a hundred body parts based on real animals.
• Customize each creature's body, head, legs, eyes, tail, wings, ears, horns, and skin.
• Take photos of your creature outdoors, "photobombing" them into the scene.
• Complete missions for each creature in which you consider its needs (habitat, diet, and adaptations).
• Answer questions to get you thinking about how your creatures might live - how they hunt, eat, look for water, make homes, defend themselves, and raise their young.
• Watch a slideshow featuring a day in the life of your creature.
• Visit the gallery, displaying all your creatures, and add to, review, or edit your photos. Photos are saved to the in-app Gallery and your device's camera roll.
For more learning adventures with Plum, visit pbskids.org/plumlanding
For more apps from PBS KIDS, visit http://to.pbs.org/kidsapps
About Plum Landing
Plum’s Creaturizer is based on the PBS KIDS web-original PLUM LANDING, developed by WGBH, producers of award-winning kids programs such as ARTHUR, CURIOUS GEORGE and MARTHA SPEAKS. Targeting kids ages 6-9, the app is designed to extend the series’ environmental science curriculum. WGBH worked closely with advisors (and kids!) to develop this app.
About PBS KIDS
Plum’s Creaturizer is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and digital media, as well as community-based programs.
Major funding for PLUM LANDING is provided by the National Science Foundation, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, and the Kendeda Fund. Additional funding is provided by the Northern Research Station, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
PLUM LANDING™ is produced by WGBH. This PLUM LANDING material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. DRL-1114515. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good app but some suggestions
This is not just for 5 years! I'm nine and this app lets you make your own animals, which is useful! However, I would like to see some more parts (not just the ones that are in the app) like cats, dogs etc. And a feature where you can name your animals! Fun app overall
Repeat but I know it
Ok so it is very fun you can make great combinations except every time you delete the tab and open the app back again the instructions will repeat showing you how to switch parts of the creature and also to make your creature bigger and smaller. But it does that EVERY TIME and it is annoying. I’ve listened to the instructions one time, so why do it again for a MILLION TIMES??!! Overall four stars fix it pls
Can't take photos?
I downloaded this for my daughter. We tried playing it together, but it seems to have a problem. After making a creature and selecting a mission a white screen with the creature shows up, but there's no buttons or anything. I'm assuming this is the screen where you're supposed to take photos, but it's not working.
Other than that this is a super cute game and if this problem is fixed I'd rate 5 stars.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- PBS Kids
- 31.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © 2015 Public Broadcasting Service