Have fun getting lost with Pocket Earth!
• Detailed worldwide maps and travel guides • Topographic contour maps for the outdoors • Works completely offline even with GPS • Great when abroad or in the wilderness, NO data roaming charges • Online routing with Voice Guidance and much more!
• We give you one offline city for free, in-app upgrade to access unlimited worldwide offline maps and topographic maps feature. Bonus: All of Africa Standard maps are always free, and other rotating locations.
« Reviews »
“I love this technology” – Natali Morris, Tech Reporter, NBC’s Today Show
Editor's Pick Best Offline Map App – thedigitaltrekker.com
“The best travel app in the world… Don’t leave home without it!” – bonvoyageurs.com
“Very impressive app with unmatched features.” – toptenreviews.com
« Maps »
• Beautiful Retina quality maps at a fraction of the size! The fastest and most beautiful offline maps on the App Store!
• Detailed and interactive worldwide maps! More than 100,000 places!
• Access your maps online and offline! Saves on data roaming costs!
• Personalize the maps to show the info you want!
• Online Routing with directions. Save your multi-stop itineraries for offline voice guided navigation!
• Online street address search and contacts integration!
• Did we mention everything is offline? Works anywhere- cities, small towns, even in the middle of nowhere. Never any roaming charges. We dare you to try it!
« For the Traveler »
• Find out about thousands of interesting places - hotels, restaurants, bars, tourist sites, even get metro and public transit info!
• Our super wide area Nearby search is also super fast!
• Have all the travel info you need with more than 25,000 detailed Wikivoyage Travel Guides and more than 1 million Wikipedia articles in 7 languages! All offline of course!
• Customizable Pins and favorites groups! Add notes and mark and share favorite spots!
• Share maps links and your current location!
« For the Adventurer »
• An in-app purchase option offers topographic maps. Get high performance, high accuracy 10m / 50ft contour display world-wide. The ONLY offline app that lets you download large areas, even entire countries! Contours are displayed on our existing maps for all Activities.
• Hiking and Cycling maps! Great for geocaching and getting off the track!
• GPS track recording lets you see what route you took! Great for hikes, cycling and off road! Never get lost again!
• Import/Export support for GPX and CSV files! Share with friends using PE Archives.
• Displays and lets you search for map coordinates in all common formats (including DD, DDM, DMS, MGRS, UTM/UPS, GeoHash, and what3words)!
• Numerous GPS settings for your preferred configuration including compass and heading arrow or rotation, look ahead mode, accuracy and recording settings.
...and much more - so try it out!
« How's it Work? »
Just select the cities, regions, or even whole countries you want to download, and it will be available for offline use, complete with information on thousands of POIs (Points of Interest), and optionally, topographic maps, travel guides and Wikipedia articles.
To learn more about Pocket Earth or the community driven open data sources that we use, please visit our website.
Don’t forget this:
1. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Only the GPS Route Navigation and GPS Track Recording features will use the GPS when running in background.
2. This app uses data from the amazing community driven open mapping project called openstreetmap.org! Coverage detail may vary by region, please visit our website to check the map detail for your regions of interest.
3. Does not currently support all asian texts on the map (Chinese, Japanese, etc).
Fixes issues with routing service.
Ratings and Reviews
Top five apps of mine
Goes above and beyond normal "apps"; this is like having superpowers. Offline waypoints, GPS tracking in snow covered conditions, what3words locations, this app has had one of the four coveted spots on my iPhone's dock for years. I am able to pull answers out that friends can't find, locate hidden gems, and track trails that other maps don't show. Get it and pay for it, because it's worth it. This review is not
sponsored; I'm just a big fan.
I have used this all over the world. Just download the state or country. Easy peasy. They take space so don’t forget to delete them when your trip is over.
Many great features
Two complaints in an otherwise solid app: (1) Minor roads only appear when you zoom pretty far in. They should be visibility at pretty much all zooms as very light lines (for example). (2) Road labels don’t appear on minor roads until you are zoomed way, way in.
These are vector maps, so all the data is there at all zooms - the developer just chooses not to display it for us. Give us a switch/option to “show all roads”, for example - some of us would choose to have a busier map for certain applications, given that is has more information.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GeoMagik LLC
- 35 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012 GeoMagik LLC
- In-App Purchases
- World Offline + TOPO $9.99
- World Offline $5.99
- United States Offline $1.99
- Europe Offline $3.99
- North America Offline $3.99
- Italy Offline $1.99
- Asia Offline $2.99
- United Kingdom Offline $1.99
- France Offline $1.99
- Spain Offline $1.99