“MapOut saves the day by using a simple interface to draw routes, and check out elevation profiles… I’m pretty blown away by its capabilities.” – Alee from cyclingabout.com
Offline map covering the whole world for iPhone and iPad. Almost as beautiful as a paper map - but more versatile.
- For hikers: easy to read representation of the terrain, even in the most remote corners without Internet
- For cyclists: with cycling route network, speed and distance display
- For city travelers: city maps with tourist information
- For the connoisseur: simply beautiful map to look at
3D tilt view
- Tilt the device in any direction to get a better impression of the terrain. More information on https://mapout.app.
- Search for places, streets, mountains, etc. No internet connection required.
- MapOut is based on the OpenStreetMap project, the “Wikipedia of Maps” - you can make corrections and additions yourself on OpenStreetMap.org. The latest maps are delivered with periodic updates.
- Download your favorite regions - the maps are now viewable without an internet connection (offline map).
- Drawing: draw your own routes and waypoints directly on the map. Retouch existing tours and imported GPX files or let them directly snap to the road network.
- Import: with a free “MapOut.me” account you can send directions by email to your device. GPS-Tours can be found as gpx or kml files on many websites with tips for hiking or biking (e.g. on www.gpsies.com)
Record: take recordings of your own tours and share them with friends.
Information: quick overview of each tour - length, altitude change, map section and route profile
- Fast map display (OpenGL accelerated)
- Step-free zoom, always a pixel-perfect map
- Topographical map with contour lines and shading
- Selectable overlays: bike/hike/ski routes, sightseeing, public transport
Find all answers to your questions in our user manual: https://mapout.app/manual
Continued use of GPS running in the background during recording can dramatically decrease battery life.
Map data © OpenStreetMap contributors (http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright)
- Altitude profile bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, stellar, and cheap
I've been using MapOut for about a year and now consider it an essential app. It has all the features you need for planning routes before a trip or way-finding once you are there. I've used it to stay on snow-covered hiking trails in Colorado and to navigate the ancient footpaths along Italy's Amalfi Coast (and to just record walks in local parks). And you can't beat the price! One-time fee versus annual subscriptions other apps change. Try this app and you won't be sorry - it will be your new constant companion!
I think the strength of this app is how you create routes. It is truly easy. I have used this app to plan several multi day bike packing trips and MapOut is my favorite gps app without a doubt. It is also easy to use “in the field”. Last year my preplanned route was obstructed by a massive forest fire. It took me no time to reroute and redraw. I also dig how the detailed maps download, it is intuitive, quick to load, and it allows you to adjust the map boundaries as your adventure grows.
Best maps to use when out & about
Quality of the maps & the fact that it downloads all the data to your phone makes this the best route tracking app I’ve found. Works easily, quickly, and reliably.
- Valnova GmbH
- 73.6 MB
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 Valnova GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.