“MapOut saves the day by using a simple interface to draw routes, and check out elevation profiles… I’m pretty blown away by its capabilities.” – Alee from cyclingabout.com
Offline map covering the whole world for iPhone and iPad. Almost as beautiful as a paper map - only more versatile.
- For hikers: With an easy-to-read representation of the terrain, even in the furthest corners without internet
- For cyclists: With cycling route network, speed and distance display
- For city travelers: City maps with tourist information
- For the connoisseur: Simply beautiful map to look at
3D tilt view
- Tilt the device in any direction to get a better impression of the terrain. More information on https://mapout.app.
- Search for places, streets, mountains, etc. No internet connection required.
- MapOut is based on the OpenStreetMap project, the “Wikipedia of Maps” - you can make corrections and additions yourself on OpenStreetMap.org. The latest maps are delivered with periodic updates.
- Download the regions of your choice - the maps can now be displayed without an internet connection (offline map).
- Drawing: Draw your own routes and waypoints directly on the map. Retouch existing tours and imported GPX files or let them directly snap to the road network.
- Import: With a free “MapOut.me” account you can send directions by email to your device. GPS-Tours can be found as gpx or kml files on many websites with tips for hiking or biking (e.g. on www.gpsies.com)
Record: Take recordings of your own tours and share them with friends.
Information: Quick overview of each tour - length, altitude change, map section and route profile
- Fast map display (hardware accelerated)
- Step-free zoom, always a pixel-perfect map
- Topographical map with contour lines and shading
- Selectable overlays: Bike/hike/ski routes, sightseeing, public transport
Find all answers to your questions in our user manual: https://mapout.app/manual
Map data © OpenStreetMap contributors (https://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright)
- various bug fixes (sharing tours, missing elements on map)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’m a GPS geek. I’ve read several books on GPS technology and use it for my dual-sport motorcycle rides, boating and in my car. I have been using MapOut for several years and I LOVE THIS APP. It has all the functionality I want without a bunch of stuff that I will never use. It is easy to learn, easy to use, and very intuitive. I find the maps to be accurate and they’re FREE. I have recommended this app to many people without hesitation. Did I mention that I LOVE IT!
Main functions that I use:
Recording tracks during adventure.
Sending track to others and myself.
Drawing tracks with my finger on iPhone or iPad.
AirDrop tracks between Apple products (with NO external cell, wired or WiFi connections).
Store files in customized folders in the App.
Following track using North-Up or Track-Up views.
Easily download only the maps you want/need.
Zoom in or out as much as you want AND IT STAYS AT THAT ZOOM until you change it.
Absolute hidden gem.
It blows my mind how this app isn’t more widely used for backpacking. Initial investment garners so much value - rightly beautiful maps, easy to navigate UI, great features. and most of all elevation profiles in real time (something others lack beyond dedicated trail apps). I thought it would be easier just to upload a .gpx file from a desktop 3rd party client but using this app’s native toolset was so much easier. Cannot recommend enough - I hope the developers keep this app up to date as it will be my #1 used app for my trips. 🥳
Simple, stellar, and cheap
I've been using MapOut for about a year and now consider it an essential app. It has all the features you need for planning routes before a trip or way-finding once you are there. I've used it to stay on snow-covered hiking trails in Colorado and to navigate the ancient footpaths along Italy's Amalfi Coast (and to just record walks in local parks). And you can't beat the price! One-time fee versus annual subscriptions other apps change. Try this app and you won't be sorry - it will be your new constant companion!
- Valnova GmbH
- 77.6 MB
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 Valnova GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.