The Pocket Radar® Sports App is a performance management platform that makes capturing, analyzing, and sharing speeds more powerful than ever.
*IMPORTANT: This App requires the Smart Coach Radar as a separate piece of hardware to pair with via Bluetooth® and does not work with any other Pocket Radar models. Get yours today at PocketRadar.com/SmartCoach
**New Pocket Radar PLUS Subscription features available at additional cost
- CONNECT: Add velocities into your favorite streaming & scoring providers to enhance your game experiences. Current partners include GameChanger, AthletesGoLive, SidelineHD and Sporfie. More coming soon!
- PITCH TAGGING / CHARTING: Dive deeper into your games and bullpens with location and pitch type selections associated with each velocity.
- SLOW-MOTION VIDEO CAPTURE: Better video performance allows you to break down each video frame into slow motion to review mechanics.
Additional App Features (FREE):
• Compatible with Apple Watch: Access speeds directly on your wrist.
• Speed Display and Audio Announcements: Improve your training and development sessions by seeing your results immediately on an external display or by hearing your numbers through pairing with a Bluetooth® speaker or headphones.
• Speeds Embedded Directly in Your Videos: Record video with speeds embedded directly in the video. Export and share your videos with friends, coaches, and recruiters.
• Detailed History for Each Session: Track your progress over time with our comprehensive history of your sessions including max speed and average speed. Sort and filter your results.
• All of your players in one place: Want to manage not just one but a group of player’s and their velocities? Player Management allows you to simply create a list of players and assign one or multiple players to each session.
• Share your speed for the world to see: Do you have a great video that shows off your talents and speed number? Share it for the world to see. When you play back a recorded video, you can tap the share icon and share to your favorite social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram – or send a text message of the video to your friends.
AND MORE FEATURES INCLUDING…
Portrait Mode (Record and Display Speeds in Either Landscape or Portrait Mode)
Voice Annotated Notes
Live View (Real Time List of Speeds)
Selective Download (You Choose What to Export)
Video Organization (Save Videos in Folder, Not Entire Gallery)
With +/- 1 MPH accuracy, this is not your typical "phone radar" that functions like a stopwatch or relies on perfect optical conditions/set-up. This is the same technology that is currently being utilized for player development and recruiting at the highest levels, including World Series champions and National Championship winning schools and organizations.
Compatible with devices running iOS 14 and above.
Contact Us: https://www.pocketradar.com/pages/contact-us
- Updated home screen to give you faster access to partner applications.
- Video record button is now hidden when a session is paused.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Not as good as it should be
It works really good when you open the app and just start using it. The problem starts when you pause or get out of the app, maybe between innings to conserve battery. The app doesn’t like to keep working when you get back in and try to continue. You have to shut it down and start a new session. The app essentially costs $100, since that’s how much extra you have to pay for the device to get it to work with the app. The app should be flawless considering the costs associated.
Developer Response ,
Good afternoon, I am a software developer and Product Manager at Pocket Radar and saw that you were having an issue with your app not allowing you to pause your session and return to it without having to kill the app and start a new session. I'm sorry that happened. If you are amenable to it, I would like to work with you to help resolve your issue and to get the device working as expected. The behavior that you experienced is not typical but there are a couple of things that could cause that to happen. Please fell free to call or email me to work through this. Thanks, Ethan Faggett Product Manager / Software Developer Pocket Radar firstname.lastname@example.org 682.200.3489
App is terrible compared to the old app but improving
App has been getting better we still have some work to do. iPhone 14 pro max you can only record if phone is vertical not horizontal. Once u press record then buttons pop up horizontal. But because you do that it records 90 degrees left. Til you stop and hit record again. Also I know there’s a button to save but I didn’t have that option on there should be a way you can manually save it. Also I’ve tried to share a video but it just stays in preparing video it never is available to send. I hope to hear from you guys
Developer Response ,
Good afternoon, I am a software developer and Product Manager at Pocket Radar and saw that you were having an issue with your app not allowing you to record videos in different orientations or save the clips as you need to. I'm sorry that happened. If you are amenable to it, I would like to work with you to help resolve your issue and to get the device working as expected. The behavior that you experienced is not typical but there are a couple of things that could cause that to happen. Please feel free to call or email me to work through this. Thanks, Ethan Faggett Product Manager / Software Developer Pocket Radar email@example.com 682.200.3489
Not working properly with GameChanger
Love my pocket radar and the fact that I can use it to show velocity on GameChanger. However, it used to auto generate velo within the GameChanger app and now that doesn’t work. I have to listen to the velo and add it in GameChanger manually each pitch. Not a huge deal but I don’t like having the volume up to have to hear the velo. Not sure if this is a GameChanger issue or pocket radar issue.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pocket Radar Incorporated
- 45.7 MB
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Pocket Radar Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Pocket Radar Plus (monthly) $4.99
- Pocket Radar Plus (yearly) $49.99
- Single Day Pass $2.99
- Full Access Pass $10.99