Podomatic Podcast Player 12+
Listen to podcasts on the go
Designed for iPhone
Tune in to the world's largest community of podcasters and DJs with the Podomatic podcast player! Discover the best in talk radio and house music mixes - or find your new favorite podcast with our categories feature! From christian to tech podcasts, club music to soundtracks, Podomatic has the whole spectrum covered - every podcast niche at your fingertips.
With over 5 million podcast episodes and mixes published, The Podomatic Podcast Player makes it easy to tap into any one of those episodes quickly so that you have the best in podcast entertainment whenever, wherever.
The Trending section will keep you up-to-date on what's hot on the Podomatic network. Sort by city to find local podcasters in your area.
Create playlists to group your favorite podcasts & music mixes.
The best in podcasts, all for free!
- Offline Mode - Take your favorite podcasts and mixes offline wherever you go! If you’re on a podcast or any list containing episodes, swipe the episode item from right to left, and tap on the download “cloud” icon to begin the syncing process. You can find the progress of your download in the swiped episode view, or in the Player view if you’ve downloaded the episode from within the Player.
To access podcasts that you’ve downloaded, just go to Following, and tap on the top right folder icon. Your downloaded episodes will be listed for you in alphabetical order.
- Feed - A dynamic social feed that gives you updates on followed podcasts and Facebook Friends. See new episodes from podcasts you follow and what podcasts your Facebook Friends follow and like. You’ll even get notified when the podcasters you love release new content.
- Circular Player - Easily scrobble through an episode and enjoy instant feedback with the all new new circular player. Comment, like, share, or add an episode to a playlist. Download the episode, scrobble forward and backward, change the episode speed, add a sleep timer, or download the episode to save and listen to on your commute, or when you’re on the go.
- Mini Player - Play an episode, then minimize the player to keep the episode playing in the background with the all new Mini Player. You can pause and play the episode from here while you navigate through the app.
- Episode Swipe - swipe an episode in a list to preview, download, or get more info on an episode.
- Preview Player - On a list view, tap on the top right ‘Preview All’ button to initiate the 90 second Preview Player for all episodes in a list.
- Discover - Get real time insights into what podcasts are trending in the Podomatic social sphere. Re-discover your favorite categories and talk show topics, or find your new favorite show or series. An intuitive discovery platform along with full search capabilities make it easy to find the podcast or playlist you’re looking for.
- Friend Profile - See an aggregated view of podcasts your friend follows, their playlists, and episodes they’ve liked. If they have a podcast, that will show up here too.
- Notifications - Get notified when a podcaster publishes a new episode, or when a new Facebook Friend joins Podomatic.
Improved app stability and change the chat library
Ratings and Reviews
I have been using and recommending PodOmatic for both listening to my podcasts (Dwell On Truth, Verse By Verse and Brenten Powers) and for my clients who started uploading their own (The Beatitudes People). The iOS app gets 5 stars is for the ability to subscribe and listen to to others. My only suggestion to PodOmatic is for another app for pro podcasters like me to have another app that has more of the functionality to publish and track our own podcasts via iOS, since right now I do that only through my desktop. Still, I’m thankful for what this app can do, so thank you and 5 stars!
Not User Friendly For Listening On iPads
I subscribed to a podcast I found. I listened to all of the episodes and then when I tried to pull them up again, there were no episodes listed. I have spent an endless amount of time trying to find them so I could listen to them again. They only show up in my History file, which is extremely hard to locate as well. Once I did find that, it has my entire history and not just the podcast I subscribed to so I cannot just push play and listen to a couple episodes in a row.
This is not a user friendly app. It is very frustrating to try and navigate with the minimal options it offers to locate what you are looking for. It might work well if you are producing a podcast, but for listening it is terrible. Don’t waste your time with it unless they make some major changes to it.
Great App to Keep Up W/Your Fav Podcasts
The app is pretty easy to use once you familiarize yourself with it. I have only found difficulty in playing podcasts that I have listened to all the way through once. It took a while for me to realize that I needed to tap the “All Episodes” tab to find podcasts that I’d already begin to listen to. Even if I inadvertently tap an episode and it only plays for a second or two, it goes from “Unplayed Episodes” to “All Episodes.” Aside from that it’s a pretty good app. There is even a comment section where I have been able to communicate with the broadcasters. It’s also great to be able to download your favorite podcast episodes.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PodOmatic, Inc.
- 82.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2022 Podomatic, Inc.