What reviewers and users say:
"This is a very solid virtual synth that, sonically, punches well above its asking price" - musicappblog
"Man this sounds good, full of rich goodness from the days of analog yore" - thesoundtestroom
"I've not beed this 'exited' about a synth app in a very, very long time" - Samuel Lindeman, experienced iOS musician
"Amazing, from vintage to most modern. This synth sounds great. It is going to be top of the list for apps I use at live shows" - App Store review
"This is the best $10 I've spent in a long time. I'm actually excited over what I will be able to do with Poison 202!" - App Store review
"This is the best synth. Better than any soft synth or even hardware" - App Store review
Poison-202 is a professional Vintage Midi Synthesizer. Made by musicians for musicians, it is inspired by famous classic hardware synthesizers of 80's and 90's and has all the main sound creation blocks you can imagine: oscillators, cutoff Filters, ADSR-envelopes, ring, cross modulation, LFOs, sync, super-saw oscillator and more! Unlike many other software synthesizers at the market, which can reproduce only limited family of sounds, Poison-202 is designed to be able to reproduce almost any classic synthesizer timbre! Check out the Presets Demo video:
The library of 592 built-in factory presets includes famous patches that can be heard in the compositions of such electronic and rave scene music performers as The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Azzido Da Bass, Darude, Kraftwerk, Daft Punk and many others!
You can play it with your fingers on iPhone / iPad, or you can plug-in your favorite USB MIDI keyboard into your device using Apple's Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and turn Poison-202 into a real synthesizer module!
• Audio Unit Extension (AUv3) support
• Audiobus support
• Inter-App Audio support
• Virtual Midi support
• can work either as standalone synth app, or as plug-in inside Cubasis, Garage Band, AUM, ModStep and other hosts
• 2 oscillators, 5 waveforms: Saw, Pulse (with adjustable Pulse Width), Sine, Triangle and Super-Saw
• one Super Saw oscillator generates 7 individual saw oscillators at the same time, with adjustable Mix and Detune parameters, reproducing famous classic analog strings and hoover sounds
• additional sub oscillator + noise generator
• 2 TVF (time variant filter) modules with Cutoff, Resonance, Keyboard tracking and ADSR envelope, 12 dB/octave
• 2 TVA (time variant amplifier) modules with ADSR envelope
• It is possible to pair two 12 dB filters to get one 24 dB/oct filter
• Pitch envelope (Attack/Decay) for each oscillator
• Ring, Sync, PW, XFM oscillator modulation
• 2 LFO modulation sources with Frequency and Fade-In parameters
• LFO's and Delay tempo sync
• LFO cross-modulation
• 6 waveforms of LFO: Triangle, Sine, Saw, Square, Trapezoid and Random (S&H)
• 4 LFO modulation destinations: Pitch, Filter, Amplifier and PWM
• 3-band EQ for each patch
• Digital realtime effects: Distortion, Bit-Crusher, Chorus, Flanger, Delay, Panning Delay and Reverb with adjustable parameters
• Master brickwall Limiter (can be switched on/off)
• Two signal flow connection structures: Parallel and Series
• Portamento, Solo playing mode with Legato switch
• Pitch Wheel with adjustable pitch bend range
• Modulation Wheel with assignable controls
• Arpeggiator with 6 modes and 12 rhythm patterns with tempo and swing feel control
• Scale play mode when playing onscreen keyboard with over 40 different scales to select from
• Voice polyphony up to 24 (device dependent)
• Up to 300 user presets to store
• Import/Export user preset banks via iTunes File Sharing
• Scalable and movable onscreen keyboard with key velocity control and Hold button
• Show Oscillogram feature
• Midi Learn feature
• Arabic quarter-tone microtuning option
Poison-202 support page:
v2.5.1 (quick fix):
- fixed issue with controlling oscillator "Pitch" knob in the AUv3 after recent update.
- meet the new redesigned Settings page (in standalone app): now it slides on top of the main interface, without switching to a separate screen;
- new redesigned knobs with circular value indicator and dynamical knob control for adjusting values more precisely;
- Tags system added. Now each preset has its own set of textual tags to help to organize presets into groups like Bass, Lead, Guitar etc.;
- tags for user presets can be edited manually by swiping left over the preset name in the patch selector and tapping EDIT button (in standalone app only);
- Patch Selector: two tabs added ("Banks" and "Tags") to switch between two preset listing modes;
- now you can tap Next and Previous patch button without closing Patch Selector;
- scrolling the list of presets in the Patch Selector now works faster;
- Share preset function added (in Settings->Utilities) to share preset or bank without having to save it to the Files;
- now you are allowed to save (export) or share a single preset that you need (not just a full bank);
- swipe left in the "Load User Bank" file list dialog to manually delete unnecessary bank files from Poison's Documents folder (no need to use Files.app);
- in the FX selector, you can now select an effect for editing by simply tapping on a corresponding led, instead of using Select button.
And a special addition:
- introducing new factory Bank F with 100 incredible experimental patches, created by sks2002, which were used for his tracks! The presets were also processed and mastered by Jim Pavloff;
- 8 new factory presets added to Bank E: E86-E93, be sure to check them out!
- some of the original factory presets were modified to sound better (A23, A25, A72, A73, A92, A96, E41, E45 and E84).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I held off on getting this synth because I heard that it was just aimed at the EDM crowd. I'm sure it's very useful for EDM but I'm a blues based rock guitarist.
I bought it just to try something different. I'm sorry I waited.
This is an amazing synthesizer that is useful across the board. Blues, rock, jazz, all kinds of electronica... it'll work great. I can't imagine where the synth could not fit in. Got a 120 piece orchestra and you need a little synthesizer mixed in? This will do it!
The best part about it is that it's pretty straightforward. It's like having a synthesizer with all the knobs presented before you with no digital menus to dive into. Start tweaking sounds and have fun. That's it. I didn't even have to download a manual.
If you never used the synthesizer in your life then this is a good starting point. Just start turning the knobs to see what they do and you'll learn pretty much everything you need to know about how synthesizers work because it's all here. Once you've learned it there are more complex "advanced classes" elsewhere on the App Store.
Get this!! Now!!
Visually inspiring, very easy to use. This is not just yet another iOS synth. It's one of those synths you will keep coming back to over and over. Everything about this synth has been well thought about making it very easy to navigate an produce really great sounds, and being now an Audio Unit makes it very flexible for creating music in your favorite daw. One critique which would make this perfect. add a Noise Waveform as aposed to just a noise effect. Probably even including a 3rd Osc would make this synth complete, Otherwise a great synth that one should have in their music arsenal.
Great sounds, easy to tweak
I didn't think I needed yet another subtractive synth, but this one won me over. Lots of great presets, and the ability to run them as embedded Audio Units are worth the price of admission alone.
What appears to be a simple subtractive synth interface hides a lot of power under the hood. A lot of variety and unique sounds are possible, with twin oscillators, twin filters (each with their own dedicated envelopes) that can run in parallel or in sequence, and twin amplifier envelopes. Throw in dual LFOs and nice-sounding onboard effects, easy MIDI setup, and, well you get the idea. Put this on your short list.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.