Polycam is the leading 3D capture application for iPhone and iPad! Create high-quality 3D models from photos with any iPhone or iPad, and rapidly generate scans of spaces with the LiDAR sensor. Edit your 3D captures directly on device, and export them in over a dozen file formats. Share your captures with friends and the Polycam community with Polycam Web and explore captures from around the globe on Poly World!
Capture with Photo Mode:
● Take photos and convert them into 3D models with photogrammetry
● Great for scanning detailed objects and scenes
● Generates 3D assets that are ready-to-use in any computer graphics application
● Runs on any iPhone or iPad
Capture with LiDAR Mode:*
● Top-rated LiDAR scanner on the App Store
● Rapidly generate dimensionally-accurate 3D scans
● Great for scanning spaces and large objects
● Create unlimited scans for free directly on device -- internet not required
Export 3D models with Polycam Pro:
● Export mesh data as .obj, .dae, .fbx and .stl
● Export color point cloud data as .dxf, .ply, .las, .xyz and .pts
● Export blueprints as .png images or .dae files
● Export .gltf, upload and share to iMessage for free
Take measurements and generate blueprints:
● Take unlimited measurements with inch-level accuracy for free with the Ruler tool
● Automatically generate measurements of spaces on LiDAR captures
● Upgrade to Polycam Pro and generate scale-accurate blueprints
Share your 3D captures:
● Upload your 3D capture and share with collaborators and friends with a link
● Publish your 3D captures to Polycam Web and share with the community
We are excited to see what you create with Polycam! If you share something online, tag us on twitter or instagram @Polycam3D to let us know what you’ve captured and get featured!
*Polycam requires a device with a LiDAR sensor, such as the iPhone 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max or 2020+ iPad Pro to generate LiDAR captures, but Photo Mode works on every iPhone and iPad from 2015 or newer.
* bug fix for offline capture
Ratings and Reviews
App works great!!
EDIT: they fixed the bug and now the app works perfectly! Incredible app.
For starters: I’m on iPhone 12 Mini, iOS 15.6 The app just hangs on the message “hold device still to calibrate” forever and never does anything. Not to mention the lack of feedback the app gives the user, of which there is none. Would be helpful to have some indication that the app is processing or something so I could tell how much longer I need to stay still. Maybe a progress bar at the very least? Or any feedback that the app is actually doing anything or why it’s asking me to hold still. When I try to close the capture window and exit without saving it doesn’t do anything except add a small message that says “saving data” which ,once again, hangs forever. I haven’t even been able to get the app to take one photo. I hope an update comes soon because in theory this sounds like a very powerful app that I’d be happy to pay for, but until then I have to give it a poor review.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, we had a rough bug introduced on Friday that made the app pretty unusable over the weekend for folks who created accounts between 2PM PST Friday and 9PM PST Monday. The bug is now resolved, though. If you just started using Polycam over the weekend, in order to use the app as normal, you'll need to log out and create a new Polycam account with a different email (or hit "skip >"). Huge apologies for the issues and if you have any other questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Too Many Bugs
Yesterday I had 2 completed scans completely disappear from my phone. Lucky for me I had immediately uploaded the first one to the cloud so I could share it, but then it disappeared from my phone entirely when I exited out of the finished scan and back to all of the other scans I’ve done. The same thing happened again later in the day, only this time I wasn’t so lucky, it too disappeared when I exited the scan and I didn’t upload it to the cloud. Also, I couldn’t extend a scan. The app says it has successfully relocated and to move the phone to start scanning, but nothing happens. One of the scans I sent to the cloud and shared with my gf appeared as all black with no surface detail even though it looks fine on the phone. I deleted it from the cloud and reuploaded it only to get the same result. Lastly, at the end of my last scan of the day (I did like 7 total including the ones that disappeared), I hit the red button to end the scan and save it but it just hung there. I had to quit the app and pray that the scan actually saved because by that point I was out of daylight. Thankfully it saved, but these bugs (except for the first where the scans totally disappeared) happen way too often.
Developer Response ,
Hey there - thanks so much for your review / feedback. You've obviously used the app a lot, and I'm sorry you're encountering issues. I'll try to address them individually:
- The disappearing captures are hard to explain - must be a bug, but we'll keep an eye on that. Sorry, I'm sure it's frustrating to have work disappear!
- With the Extend button, you have to make sure you tap the "record" button after it's relocalized to start a new Session. The Extend interface is a little confusing in general - we should make it clearer soon.
- Captures can appear black on mobile web browsers if the texture is larger than 4K, which happens at many processing levels. If your gf downloads the app or looks at the capture on a desktop web browser, it will appear normal.
- Sorry about the hang. Sometimes that can happen with an intermittent web connection. If your web connection is very weak, try creating the LiDAR capture in airplane mode. This is something we'll work to improve as well.
Anyways, thanks again for your detailed review! You can get in touch with us directly (email@example.com) if you'd like to chat more or provide other feedback. It's how we make the product better :)
Fast and high quality texturing. Great for photogrammetry
I am a photogrammetry enthusiast who purchased the LiDAR iPad Pro as soon as it was available. I was initially disappointed with the iPad’s ability to do 3D scanning until I discovered Polycam. Polycam generates the best quality captures of any 3D scanning app out there, and texturing is lightning fast — only takes about 10 seconds to texture my living room. I have been using Polycam on a daily basis and found it to be a nice tool in my photogrammetry tool belt. The spatial resolution is not as good as what you get using images and something like Reality Capture, but the speed and convenience make it a fantastic tool nonetheless. The new crop tool is very nice though, and if you’ve used other 3d editing programs you know how much easier this is to use!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Polycam Inc.
- 57 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Polycam
- In-App Purchases
- Polycam Pro Monthly $7.99
- Polycam Pro Yearly $59.99
- Polycam Pro $499.99