MANAGE YOUR WATCHLIST
Your Watchlist is the best way to never forget the movies you’d like to watch!
SEE WHAT’S COMING
All upcoming movies are automatically added into the Upcoming list so you know what’s available or not..
You don’t remember having watched a specific movie? Quickly search your History and you’ll know!
You’ve watched a movie multiple times? You can add - or remove - as many plays as you want.
STAY IN SYNC
Every movie you add to your lists will be synchronized with your Trakt account, instantly!
CHECKIN / NOW WATCHING
Tell others you’re watching some movie with a Checkin and quickly see its informations right from your profile!
No more searching for the movie in your list or anywhere else!
Discover tons of new movies with new suggestions from other Trakt users..
You will never run out of ideas ever again!
Sometimes you just know what you’re looking for.. The advanced search feature will help you find it in no time!
Double tap on the Browse item to activate Quick Search.
You want others to know about an interesting movie? Simply share it with them via AirDrop, iMessage and more!
Rate your favorite movies right from their page and see how others feel about them too!
CHECK YOUR STATS
Your profile is the right place to check your last activities and movies stats.. Let’s see how many movies you’ve watched until now!
— — — — —
Although Popcorn Movies contains in-app purchases to extend your experience and benefit some advanced features, none is required to use the app as is.
The Premium Features contains:
A detailed view for a whole year or a specific movie.
Manage your Collection and your item’s metadata with all the new actions.
Show others what you like.
Create as many lists as you need, put any movie in any list.
Like any Lists made by other Trakt users.
Sort your lists with a lot more options.
Manage your lists faster than ever.
DRAG AND DROP
More more than one item to your lists at once.
Check out a specific Department.
Discover which other movies are part of a collection.
Browse all movies' assets (e.g. Backdrop, Logo, Posters).
Search for more than only movies by including collections and people results as well.
Hide search recommendations to get new ones.
Load all available pages corresponding to a specific section (e.g. Trending, Popular, …) to discover even more content.
Inline pagination allows you to keep loading content as you scroll horizontally in a multi-section page.
Narrow your Browsing experience down to specific periods for better discovery!
SUPPORT AN INDIE DEVELOPER
The app is only developed by a single person - me, Antoine - and by getting a subscription plan or buying the Lifetime option you contribute to the continued development of Popcorn Movies and support my work.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless automatic renewal is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
You can manage your subscriptions and automatic renewal status in Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
— — — — —
Popcorn Movies is a Trakt client. You will need to sign in to a Trakt account to use the app.
Popcorn Movies is not able to play movies nor does provide movies to play.
Thank you for using Popcorn Movies, your To-Watch list with powerful discovery.
# New Features
- Widgets are here!
Check all recently released/upcoming movies form your Watchlist, at a glance.
You can now choose to be reminded about an upcoming movie release in your Watchlist and, whenever a checkin ends, to recommend the movie right from the notification!
- A whole new History
By default, only the first 25 items are loaded and displayed (you can change it up to a 100 items in Settings > General > Pagination Limit).
In addition, a search will now match results from your Watched History to avoid loading hundreds of pages only to display the same item multiples times.
Finally, you will now be able to travel back in time with the new calendar button.
Introducing a brand new way to find and discover new content, with many options to refine your selection. It features a whole page full of results, a huge filter list and some presets to help you get started and understand how the feature works.
If you have any feedback about this feature, please let me know so I can improve it over time and make it more user-friendly.
- From your History
This new section in a person’s summary gives you a quick insight about your watched movies from their filmography.
# Improvements & Bug Fixes
- The internal rework of Context Menus gives you even more options than ever before.
For each item watched more than once in you History, you’ll get an additional option to view all plays.
There's also a brand new Context Menu for people when long pressing them and a new Pull-Down menu from their profiles.
From now on, your ratings can also be edited using the new option inside Context/Pull-Down menus.
- The whole networking layer was rewritten from the ground up to use Swift Concurrency’s latest features!
From a developer‘s perspective, it will provide a strengthened and more robust interface for all API related interactions but from your perspective, it leads to a better in-app experience and faster data loading.
- Most dates are now relative to their context and use a more explicit and comprehensive format.
- More content was added in Browse > Movies with a list of all upcoming movies in theaters matching your selected region.
- Movies summaries get even more info when available: new movie stats, production companies, accurate release dates matching your region, original release date - if different - and metadata from your Collection (thanks to @meniK for the idea).
- New sections added in Browse, improved Now Playing section (Browse > Movies) with pagination and “See All” option.
- A quick access to your profile was added in Browse and removed from History and Collection.
- Additional localization options required the language selection in Settings to move to General > Language.
From there, you will now be able to select your language, region and watch region.
The last one will be used for the new Discover feature to let you select watch providers matching this option.
Additionally, all settings related to language and region are now searchable for an easier modification.
- Many issues were fixed, including the following ones: localization format issues (e.g. vote count, vote average, …), Context/Pull-Down menus not displaying the correct options, decoding issues with some people’s summaries, empty searches not resetting results to their default, “more” button appearing when text was less than 3 lines in both movies/people’s summaries.
- Your profile now displays your current list limits according to your Trakt membership: VIP/existing user/new user.
If you like the app, please give it a rating on the App Store :D
If you need to reach out, you can do so by going to Settings > Help & Feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Trakt Client
Would be nice to be able to sort movies in the history menu. Sort of how you can sort lists like the watchlist or upcoming. Not the most intuitive sorting by year IMO.
Otherwise great all around app
THE BEST MOVIE TRACKING APP
To be honest this is the most beautiful and usable app in app store that fits my need. Beautiful and intuitive UI design, easy to use, have most of the features a movie tracking app should have.
Some improvements for the future:
1. Include IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes ratings
2. Implemt the features listed in the premium features list
Developer Response ,
Hey Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate,
Thanks a lot for your review, it means a lot! 🤗
I'm working hard to give you more features and to make Popcorn Movies (one of) the best and most beautiful movie tracker in the App Store!
If you have any other ideas, feel free to send them at email@example.com 🙂
Happy movie tracking 🍿
This is far and away the best-looking movie app I’ve seen on iOS! I was in desperate need of a good Trakt client, and Popcorn Movies has delivered! However, I really need to be able to rate movies. Can you add this feature?
Developer Response ,
Hey Jordan Jordan,
Thank you! 😀
I'm really glad you enjoy the app!
Reviews will be coming to Popcorn Movies, but I can't tell you when yet..
I'm working hard to bring new features to all of you but it takes time to do so 😅
Anyway, thanks for your encouragement 🤗
Happy movie tracking 🍿
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Antoine Barre
- 141.5 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2023 • Antoine Barré
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription $1.49
- 1 Year Subscription $9.99
- Extended Edition (1 Month) $0.99
- Lifetime $39.99
- Extended Edition (12 Months) $9.99
- 6 Months Premium $5.99
- Workprint Edition (12 Months) $24.99
- Workprint Edition (1 Month) $2.99
- Special Edition (12 Months) $14.99
- Special Edition (1 Month) $1.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.