Trakt helps you remember what episode you're on for a TV show, keep up with the hottest movies coming out, and find where to watch on your favorite streaming services. Join a community of millions today. For TV lovers, by TV lovers!
The watchlist is a great place to start once you sign up for a free account. Add movies and TV shows you want to watch. Once you start watching a show, it's automatically removed from the watchlist and is added to your Up Next card and Progress page.
How do you fill your watchlist? The discover tab has 2 great cards to help: trending now and anticipated. Trending displays what the Trakt community is watching in real time. Anticipcated helps you find popular upcoming movies and TV shows.
Once you find something new to watch, Trakt helps you find where to stream it. We partner with JustWatch for one click access to stream on your favorite services. We support over 45 countries and hundreds of services.
And this is just the beginning! There's so much more to explore like personal stats, curating your home media collection, sharing your opinion, and more.
Get started and join Trakt for free!
- Keep track of all movies and TV shows you've watched
- Find where to watch on your favorite streaming services
- Talk about what you're watching
- Use you watchlist to track movies and TV shows you want to watch
- Create your own personal lists
- Rate the movies and TV shows you've watched
- Curate your home media collection
- Personalize TV schedule
- Watching statistics
- Recommended movies and TV shows you'll like
- Detailed progress for all TV shows you're watching
- Follow people with similar interests
- Discover new things to watch
Handcrafted by Trakt in the United States, Australia, Canada, and Ecuador.
We don't sell your data and respect your privacy.
• Fixed an issue causing images to not load in some widgets.
• Theme override available in settings to set light or dark mode always, in addition to the existing system setting.
• Calendar Episode Notifications can now be turned on in the Settings, with an option for some different alert offsets.
• Added support for one tap actions based on the Global “Watch & Collect Buttons” settings in your account.
• Improved process of adding/removing Movies/Shows/Seasons/Episodes to/from History, Collection, Lists, Recommendations, and Ratings to save any possible changes locally upon receiving success from the server to reduce stale item statuses between syncs.
• Showing loading indicators when actions are pending, such as when adding to History, Collection, Lists, Recommendations, and Ratings.
• Progress bars for Watched Progress within the Show and Season Summary screens have been updated to support displaying segmented progress based on the Watched Progress ‘Progress Bars’ user setting.
• Updated Collected pop up with adjustments to removing items, and adding support for setting and updating Collection metadata after swiping upward to reveal the metadata fields.
• Watch Now links now have more space as video trailers have been removed from that screen.
• Now hiding Episode count in a Person’s Summary screen credits in the same way as the Actors section in Show/Season/Episode summaries, if that spoiler setting is on.
• Now including Shows you’ve started in the Person Summary “From your history” section, instead of just Shows you’ve completed.
• The Track/Add button on Summary screens when scrolled down now shows loading indication and supports long press for the History popup as other buttons do.
• Support for “Handoff” to other devices in some of the main screens, such as Movie, Show, Season, Episode, and Person summaries, as well as the Trending/Anticipated Movies/Shows screens. Some go the other way too if you’re coming from a browser, however any unsupported screens will redirect you to your device’s browser.
• Adjusted some list items that included the year of the item with it to be in parentheses for clarity.
• Location area displayed in profile will now grow vertically to fit content.
• Adjusted return key in Search screen keyboard, and dismissing the keyboard when tapping it.
• History now supports filtering by Shows, and improved filter selection UI to show options rather than just toggle between.
• Updated full Collection screen to support showing Movies and Shows together, as well as separately by choosing an option.
• Added support for filtering full Recommendations list by type (via Home tab, Personal Recommendations via profile screen).
• Support showing Character Episode counts for Shows/Seasons you’ve completed — was previously always hiding them if the hide spoiler setting was on.
• Fixed Season overviews showing up when they shouldn’t, based on spoiler settings, when any Episode of the Show has been added to History instead of an Episode of the the Season.
• Updated some search field placeholders in the Profile sections that incorrectly indicated what they were for.
• Fixed an issue with the Calendar Widget showing the wrong count of shows when there are multiple Episodes of the same Show.
• Fixed some inconsistent alignments between Home and Discover tabs.
• Fixed an issue that caused the Lists displayed within the Profile tab’s List section to look “squished”.
• Improved Item List status UI to listen for sync changes unless explicitly toggled to avoid accidental removal or addition of items that weren’t meant to change status.
• Adjusted some sync processes that were taking a long time when there is a lot of data being saved that may cause the app to “freeze”.
• Fixed an issue with a date check thinking the date is “before the release date” when adding at release date for users in certain time zones.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs usability adjustments to truly shine.
For something as common as marking an episode as watched, the user should be able to do that the easiest of anything. This is not currently the case. The Watcht app (uses the Trakt backend), while having its own usability issues, at least allows the user to quickly check off watched episodes from the season overview list without having to do multiple steps starting with having go into each specific episode’s info page. This becomes tedious if you’ve missed a few episodes and you just want to check them off to accurately depict your completion status. The short/long swipe-right functionality should be used in this case instead of taking you to the next season.
I like the minimalist and clean design of the app. It’s overall more intuitive than Watcht, but it still could offer a better/more logical user experience.
VIP locked out
I have tried to contact app support for 3 different apps that connected to Trakt. I’m a VIP member, meaning I paid extra money. I have been locked out of all my apps connected to Trakt. I get sent an email telling me where my problem ticket is and whether or not it’s in line to be answered. To go there to find out answers. Here’s the main issue…I’m locked out! That means I cannot login at all! Every time I try, I get a box that says….Your account is locked out contact app support. I did that 3 times a week ago. Cannot log in to see where my ticket is nor why I am locked out. I have no way I of logging into 3 separate apps. I literally watch hundreds of shows and need every form possible to keep tract. I even paid money to get full access and have unlimited number of shows to track. Cannot do any of that since I was locked out 7 days ago. Cannot go into app support, as I’m locked out from signing in. No reason has been given. Everything was working fine in the morning it all occurred, but by afternoon, locked out. This is the only way I can contact anyone to find out what’s going on. There is no real logical reason for my account to be locked out. HELP!!!!
Developer Response ,
A locked account means a ton of data was added to your account through a 3rd party app. The account gets locked to stop the problem from continuing to occur. We’re sorry for the delayed support response as we are working through a backlog of support tickets currently.
Almost A Must Use
This replaced a few apps I’ve used for Trackt over the years. It would be nice if the “Up Next” module would list how many I watched episodes besides the next one (if any) are waiting to be watched. TV Time (not a Trackt app) has this feature. With this feature, this would be my go to app.
Would also be nice if “Up Next” dynamically updated to reflect something you just marked as watched by making it disappear or (if there are more episodes) changing the display to the next episode.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Trakt Inc
- 92.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2011 Trakt Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.