This interactive cruising guide has been developed to help cruisers, whether under power or sail, navigate safely around New Zealand waters, without the requirement of an Internet connection. Comprehensive routes and waypoints for the major cruising areas are provided, with detailed Anchorage, Route and Waypoint information.
As part of the upgrade to Version 2, information is presented in layers to reduce clutter and increase the amount of information we can reasonably make accessible. Simply toggle on/off Destinations, Routes, Events, Weather, Marinas and Tides Layers at the bottom of the screen.
* Clearance and contact information for NZ Customs and instructions for Opua, Whangarei, Auckland and Tauranga
* Routes, Waypoints, Anchorages and Local Knowledge information for Northland, The Bay of Islands, Hauraki Gulf, Coromandel Coast and Great Barrier Island, Wellington and Tasman Bay (South Island), including Anchorage Details/Conditions, Cautions, Activities, Photographs and, in many cases, new aerial footage of anchorages and approaches.
* NZ Regions – Stunning photography and descriptions of the Regions covered in this guide: Northland, Auckland, Bay of Plenty, Nelson and Marlborough
* Details of local marinas and services offered
Cruise with confidence using our detailed waypoints for all the major routes in the cruising areas, large-scale anchorage charts and local tips and tricks, based on experienced local knowledge and backed by the resources of Sail South Pacific (NZ).
Recompile to support iPad mini (6th Generation)
Ratings and Reviews
Love these apps
I bought all of the crusing guides. Using the sail Fiji crusing guide, clearing into Savusavu I felt like I’d been there before. With Pictures, waypoints and routes landing at the marina was very easy. Then using the guide to go from Savusavu to Vuda was a joy. We took 3 days and the trip was easy and fun. Using the apps anchor recommendations made stopping for the night stress free.
The same for entering New Zealand. Getting to Bay of Islands marina couldn’t be easier. The pictures and clearance instructions couldn’t be more useful. After we cleared in using the app to explore the Bay of Islands was so easy and fun.
Love the recent updates especially the tides database
Looking forward to more apps
Keep up the good work
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sail South Pacific Ltd.
- 1.2 GB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 - 2021 Sail South Pacific / Andrew Keays
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.