What can a physician do to improve the health of all women and improve the health of babies they might bear? Plenty! This app presents and adapts the quick reference materials on preconception care from the National Preconception Health and Health Care Initiative Toolkit “at your fingertips” documents. This app will help a clinician or trainee like student or resident know what material to cover, how to cover it, and some basics on what to do with patient responses.
The app addresses such common questions as:
• what are the ten areas of a woman’s health which I should address?
• what are key questions and assessments for each of the ten areas?
• what are some suggested responses to matters of substance use, nutrition, mental health, chronic conditions, and more?
• where can I go for more detailed information?
This app is written and intended for practicing clinicians like family physicians, pediatricians, internists, and OB-gyns; for resident physician trainees; and for medical students. As an educator and clinician, I am interested in feedback and I would be grateful for guidance on improving the tool.
Ratings and Reviews
- Joshua D. steinberg
- 1.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Joshua Steinberg MD, Daniel Frayne MD, Eric Scagnelli, Patrick Madden, HeeRak Kang MD
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.