- Device wide tracker protection, 2x faster page loads, reduced bandwidth, better battery life
- Easy to use firewall, block whatever you want
- Encrypt every DNS lookup your domain makes, to prevent tracking of your web history and app usage
Secure Mode encrypts all HTTP traffic (including in-app and background) to keep your sensitive data secure.
Why secure HTTP and DNS matter? Your device loads thousands of unsecured HTTP and DNS connections everyday. These unencrypted connections are vulnerable to legal and illegal collection of your sensitive information in transit. Our technology encrypts all your DNS and HTTP connections. We NEVER store or log any traffic routed through our servers and don’t track your IP address or any other personal info, except the info you volunteer.
Our Tracker Protection technology, integrated into many popular browsers including Firefox, is now available to block trackers that invisibly collect data inside all your apps and browsers. Pro blocks privacy invasive trackers across your entire device by setting a DNS in the SmartVPN that prevents tracking domains from connecting to your device. These trackers violate your privacy, slow page loads, and waste your bandwidth and battery life. Our tracker protection is solely focused on consumer privacy and we have a well defined policy, which you can view here: https://disconnect.me/trackerprotection. We are not an ad blocker and never accept money for whitelisting. In our Pro application you have full control of which trackers are blocked or unblocked.
Honored to be named favorite privacy tool in the New York Times in 2016, 2017, and 2018 and to win many awards, Disconnect offers simple to use and powerful protection.
- Proud to help protect over 50 million people
- Accolades include winning the Innovation Award for Privacy and Security at the South by Southwest Interactive festival, making the list of Popular Science’s 100 Best of What’s New and being recommended as the New York Times' favorite privacy app 2016, 2017, 2018
- Featured on 60 Minutes, the Today Show, the Wall Street Journal, CNN, Wired, and many more
- Public partnerships with leading privacy/security organizations including Consumer Reports, Mozilla, and the EFF
About Disconnect Pro:
- Encrypts insecure DNS and HTTP connections
- Utilizes servers in numerous geographic locations, auto-routing to the fastest location to improve speed and lower latency
- Blocks invisible tracking and next generation malware (malvertising) threats
- Allows you to actually see the trackers we block and connections we encrypt
- Accelerates page load speeds, reduces bandwidth, and extends battery life
- Empowers you to easily set your firewall preferences, block whatever domains you want
- Works on Wi-Fi and Cellular (2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, etc)
- Supports 32 and 64-bit devices
The free version of Disconnect Pro blocks trackers and encrypts your DNS through our SmartVPN and requires no subscription.
Our Secure Mode requires a subscription and encrypts all HTTP traffic on your device, which protects your sensitive details from unwanted surveillance.
Length: You can sign up for a 12 month subscription
Prices for subscriptions:
- 7-day free trial, free of charge, no commitment, cancel anytime
- Your Disconnect Pro subscription will be charged to your iTunes Account at purchase confirmation
- The monthly or annual subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period and identify the cost of the renewal.
- You can manage your subscription and turn auto-renewal off in your Account Settings after purchase.
Adds ability to customize DNS rules per interface (Wi-Fi or Cellular) and other performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
App literally breaks iOS 12
Makes it literally impossible to update anything and if you sign out of the App Store it becomes impossible to sign back in, took me half an hour to question maybe the vpn and new features might be the cause. Turned it off and everything instantly starts working again. Little upset a new feature, that cost $25 mins you would be so breaking.
Edit: after the update functionality has greatly improved but certain things still don’t work. Streaming anything live or online (ESPN, bleacher report, hbo go, Netflix) is extremely hit or miss still. Either it works flawlessly or it just refuses to give playback until you turn it off.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a bunch for the feedback and updated review. Still very sorry anything is breaking. Unfortunately, we can't reproduce the streaming issues you described. But we are in constant update mode and have another update coming very soon, which hopefully will resolve any issues you're having and provide a much easier way to turn the VPN on / off. As always, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
keeps forgetting my settings, needs landscape mode on iPad
The recent options to block more of Facebook and Google are welcome, but every so often the app forgets all of my custom block settings for Facebook and Google, as well as the custom domains I’ve entered to block. I have to keep checking to see if they’ve vanished, and re-enter them if they have. I didn’t have to do this previously, so this seems to be a bad regression making the app less reliable than it used to be.
Aside from that, my biggest gripe is the lack of landscape mode on the iPad, especially for an app that’s been around as long as this one. Some of us use our iPads almost exclusively in landscape, so it’s a real pain to have to keep turning it to its side just to use this app.
I’m also disappointed that there’s no iCloud sync between devices, I have to manually keep my settings in sync between iPhone and iPad (especially annoying when my custom settings keep vanishing).
Developer Response ,
Great feedback and thanks for supporting us! Please know that we are working as fast and hard as we can to make this app even better. The iCloud sync issue is interesting for sure, we have had several requests for that. The iPad landscape mode is just a matter of resources, but again this is definitely noted and requested by others. The disappearing block list is something we're looking into now. Thanks again and if you ever want quick reply feedback, please contact email@example.com for great customer service.
I don’t understand how so many people have issues- I am currently running developer 12.4 beta, and within the past 30 days, this app has prevented collection of 1.4 gigs of data on my device. I have settings changed to “Agressive” and even with that, my Gmail is fine. The only adverse effect i have is i cannot click on the top search engine results that are sponsored or advocated by google, the hyperlinks will not work, and a few emails do not load (mostly advertisemen emails). No big deal for me, It’s an easy workaround for the benefits this app provides. No sarcasm intended, but If you cannot figure such easy workarounds, or if your social network apps are that important, you may need to reconsider your use of VPNs.
Developer Response ,
Really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and thank you for the support! We’re working hard to make the app even better.
- Disconnect, Inc.
- 49.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Disconnect, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- SmartVPN with Secure Mode $4.99
- SmartVPN with Secure HTTP $24.99
- Premium Toolbox $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.