MiraTrex PRO CHARTS™ is a powerful, yet easy-to-use marine navigation system. Whether you’re a fisherman, weekend cruiser, sailor, diver, jet-skier, or an offshore captain needing to find an exact location hundreds of miles offshore, PRO CHARTS™ will get you there and back home safely – with nothing more than your iPhone or iPad.
• High-resolution NOAA nautical chart coverage with depths for all U.S. coastal areas, the Great Lakes, major U.S. river systems, and Brazil plus global high-level nautical charts. Charts are automatically updated based on NOAA chart corrections.
• Easy one-touch Waypoint and Route creation. Pre-plan your routes at home or create them at sea with equal ease. Just touch the screen to create new waypoints and routes.
• Find your friends on the water. With our new Buddy-tracking feature, you can see and meet up with your friends while you’re out on the water. If you’re on your secret spot and don’t want to be seen, you can hide your location with the touch of a button.
• Stay safe. Easily create and send a Float Plan of your trip to a friend or family member. Your Float Plan and location history can be forwarded to search and rescue personnel in case of an emergency.
• Easy point-and-steer navigation. The red heading bug on the large on-screen compass always directs you to the next point on your route. Navigation is as easy as pointing your boat at the heading bug to stay on course.
• No Network. No Problem. PRO CHARTS™ is designed so no internet connection is required to view your charts while out on the water. You simply download in advance any charts you’ll need at sea with the touch of a button.
• Record your tracks. Track your position in real-time and later view your track history.
• Fully indexed point of interest (POI) database including weather, aids to navigation (markers and lights), obstructions, tides, currents, your buddies, and more.
Base app with limited features - Free
14 day trial of all premium features - Free
All premium features (Monthly) - $2.99
All premium features (Annual) - $29.99 (Save 16%, about 2 months free)
-Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
-Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
-You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
-You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in the Apple Settings app after purchase.
-No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
-Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Though PRO CHARTS™ will function without a GPS as a chart reader, a GPS-enabled device is required for point-to-point navigation. Third-party Bluetooth GPS units are available to enable GPS for iOS devices such as WiFi-only iPads that do not include a GPS receiver. For offline use where no Internet connection is available, charts must be pre-cached while still on-line and connected, any charts downloaded while online will be available for offline use.
iOS 17 Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Too many problems
I tested several Mac apps and this one was the best... last year. This year too many problems and yes I am using the same phone. The icon is too big and does not point on your heading. Some areas of downloaded map are just blank. Very poor when zooming in or out.
I’ve had this app for 16 months and have kept it on my IPad as a backup to Navionics on my chartplotter. It’s in a nutshell just a GPS overlay on NOAA charts. You have to select the areas on the map that you would like to download, and even after downloading the screen will go half blank randomly while underway. Most chart downloads are dated info, and zooming in for detail the chart generally just disappears, leaving you to find the bottom with your keel. For all intensive purposes I guess it’s ok as a backup, but nothing compared to Navionics, and cannot safely rely on it for navigation. If your looking for an accurate, up to date, and reliable product, this isn’t it.
Good potential, needs work
Using this app for the first time, I found it to be reasonably user friendly, but some features were difficult or impossible to use. I am writing this as a review because the “support” button does not work.
1) The boat icon’s direction is tied to the compass, not the actual track. As you move the phone, the icon turns. It is only correct when the phone is exactly aligned with the center line of the vessel.
2) Tried using the route feature with mixed success. Creating the route was straightforward, but when trying to edit or select a route, the list appeared to have a font of white on white. Same with other fields in the app such as editing a waypoint name. Finally had to give up on routes and use “navigate to point “ repeatedly.
Used on an iPhone 8.
This app has potential, but is not at the quality of a paid app yet.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate the feedback!! Please see below:
1) You can correct for this in PRO CHARTS by changing the Heading Orientation. Just go to the General menu and select GPS instead of True North or Magnetic North under the Heading Orientation option. This means PRO CHARTS will use your movement to determine your heading and compass orientation instead of the iPhone's internal compass. Just keep in mind that if you stop and the internal GPS cannot detect movement, the boat icon direction and compass heading indication may not be reliable.
2)This was a temporary bug that was remedied in a later version.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions. Hopefully we can convince you to give us another shot. Thank you.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MiraTrex, Inc
- 47.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2023 MiraTrex, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Auto Renewing Subscription $2.99
- 1 Year Auto Renewing Subscription $29.99
- 1 Year Subscription $29.99
- Brazil - Nautical Charts $4.99