PuppetMaster: Animate. Literally. Anything.
PuppetMaster is an animation app for kids, where you can bring to life any image, just by acting things out in front of the camera or touching the screen. Your voice is recorded as well. The result is your own animated video you can save and share!
Take a drawing you made, a photo of one of your toys, even a person or animal - and use it as a puppet in PuppetMaster. Move and talk and the puppet will come to life and do what you do. Or drag with your fingers on the screen to move the puppet that way.
Try animating something unexpected, like your favorite snack arranged in your plate like a character!
Mix and match with existing puppets and backgrounds that come with the app, in a fun hand drawn style to go with your own artwork.
You can even animate two puppets together, so they can have a conversation!
PuppetMaster was named a best app of 2018 for Teaching and Learning by the American Association of School Librarians. Project ideas and lesson plans are available on the website.
* Motion capture - intuitively animate characters just by moving your body in front of the device camera.
* Multi-touch - animate by touching and dragging the puppet and its body parts on the screen. You can use both hands, all your fingers, or animate together with a friend.
* Create your own puppets and backgrounds - Bring to life your artwork, your toys, or anything you like! Use a painting you made, a diorama, or any interesting place as your background.
* Choose from our designs if you'd like - We have lots of designs for you to choose from, for puppets and backgrounds.
* Export videos with audio - Save a video of your puppet show, complete with the audio of your performance. It will show up in your Photos, and from there you can share it however you like.
You asked for features, so we made them:
* You can now animate your own puppets' legs! Make your artistic creations, or your toys, kick their legs and dance.
* You can also now scale the puppets up and down before you begin an animation. Make a tiny one, a huge one, or one of each and have them talk to each other.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Productivity App
To begin, this app is wonderful for all learners, but especially elementary because of the wonderful TOS and it is FREE without commercials.
It allows students to show what they have learned by using or creating a puppet and background image. The content can easily be changed by changing your background image. Great for App Smashing.
Another favorite feature is that students can record in any language and they are not confined to 30 seconds.
Last, videos save to the camera roll. That means it can be shared and uploaded to Google Drive and Google Classroom.
It’s a good one!
Totally Awesome App
My teacher showed this app to me. I love it. I have created great puppet shows all by myself. It is super easy to use and makes it look so professional when you are finished. If you like to create cool things with a computer then this app is for you! You HAVE to try it!
Love it!! Making animation become so easy
I can take a photo of my doll and take another photo of any background, then make a short dancing animation in 30 seconds. I had so much fun playing. It will be my party game with friends in the future. Love it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.