Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) is a convenient, on-demand sign language interpreting service delivered over a live Internet video connection.
Purple VRI transforms your iPad® into a full-functioning, "mobile interpreter" to help in situations where interpreters are needed to relay communications for deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech-impaired individuals and hearing individuals when they are in the same room.
To use Purple VRI, you need a Purple VRI account. VRI services require payment for use. To sign up for an account, contact Purple at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Easy-to-use and convenient, make Purple VRI calls virtually anywhere, anyplace, anytime on a Wi-Fi or cellular connection.
• Skilled interpreters, clear audio and high-quality video make it seem like the interpreter is in the same room with you.
• Purple VRI is perfect for work, schools, meetings, doctor's appointments, on-the-go and much, much more.
• Last-minute requests made easy with on-demand technology allowing you to access services at any time, 24/7, 365 days per year.
Creating a Purple VRI Account: After downloading the app, contact Purple at email@example.com to create your account. Please note you will not be able to make a VRI call until an account is created through Purple. This can only be completed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently supported devices: iPad 2 or later, iPhone 5 or later, iOS 9 and up.
NOTE: This is NOT Purple VRS. For Purple VRS, please search for "Purple VRS" in the App Store. Purple VRS and Purple VRI require two different apps and accounts.
We've completely rebuilt the Purple VRI for iOS app to bring to you the latest in Purple's video technology and to provide increased reliability. The user interface has been redesigned to allow you to see a self-view before starting an interpreter session. This version now supports both iPads and iPhones!
Ratings and Reviews
- Purple Communications, Inc.
- 18.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2017 Purple Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.