Puzzle Strike is a deckbuilding puzzle game played amongst Fantasy Strike characters. It's inspired by puzzle games such as Puzzle Fighter. Gems fall into each player's gem pile every turn, and whoever's gem pile fills up first loses. Improve your deck (of chips!) by purchasing new chips as the game unfolds.
Will you go heavy on economy, offense, or build an intricate engine? In any case, make sure to adapt to your opponents because Puzzle Strike has a lot more interactivity than most other deckbuilders. And like the other games in the Fantasy Strike universe, Puzzle Strike is designed to hold up to thousands of games at the expert level, and we fully embrace the philosophy of even-playfield competition.
The new iOS version of Puzzle Strike has these new features:
- Cross-platform play with players on iOS, Steam or the web version on FantasyStrike.com
- Chips have 4x the resolution as the web version
- Climb the leaderboards in Quick Match and check out replays of top players to improve your game!
- New Puzzle Challenge mode: learn advanced character tactics and think outside the bag! Beat these advanced challenges to become a real Puzzle Striker!
- Complete your Daily Quests to earn Jewels, then spend them to play "Puzzle Smash", a high-powered version of Puzzle Strike
- Contains all 48 Puzzle chips from both Puzzle Strike Third Edition and Puzzle Strike: Shadows, as well as the promo chips, Combinatorics, Dashing Strike and Custom Combo
- Practice offline against AI Puzzlebots for the first time!
- English, French and Japanese language support, with German localization on the way
- The base game comes with the first four characters (Grave, Jaina, Midori, and Setsuki), with fourteen additional characters available in-app
- New language added for Puzzle Strike: Japanese!
- Fixed the QM bug where non-webplayer hosts of Quick Matches would not have their chat lines sent
- 5-gems are now untrashable (mainly to prevent Pilebunker from being too strong in Puzzle Smash)
- Removed the cost circle from 5-gems, since they are now impossible to buy or trash
- Fixed Big Rocks and Risky Move giving 5-gems outside of Puzzle Smash
- Fixed some in-game text that didn't render correctly
- Fixed an information leak on chips drawn through blue-shield reactions when Mistress's Command finishes
- Mistress's Command doesn't control Hundred-Fist Frenzy-triggered crashes
- Fixed some incorrect textfield max sizes (for usernames, passwords, room names, and chat lines)
- Fixed "Declare Victory" button in Quick Match
- Fixed preset bank buttons occasionally not setting their bank correctly, when Dashing Strike was in the previous bank
- Fixed spurious warning and button text about buying Wounds during the buy phase, when no Wounds remain in the bank and you have not yet bought a chip
- Quest notifications now popup from the top-right corner instead of from the top-left one
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good try, needs fixing
The game implementation is decent, but the "Create Account" feature doesn't work. Also, when I quit a match, there's some partial info up the right-hand side of the screen that looks like it might be a game log of some sort, but there isn't enough to read. That goes away after a few taps on other buttons.
Also not happy that I have paid $4 for the basic game, but that any variety of chips seems to require that I spend more. There's no apparent way to unlock characters or other chips.
I've played Puzzel Strike off and on for a couple of years. I have the board game version, and I used to play the Free Web Version while I was on my walking treadmill.
This iOS implementation is very polished. I was a little worried after readinng the negitive reviews, but I went forward with a buddy and we both bought a copy.
It played smooth as single player (and the puzzle mode is nice), and today we tried it multiplayer. At first we could not get a custom game started (we'd pick the characters but could not start it or edit the bank), so I posted on the Forum on their website, and within 5 mins (9pm cst) there was a reply from the admin stating the Server was in a "bad state" for iOS and he'd reboot it. Well he did, and my friend and I did about 4 hours of stable play across the internet (while running Facetime).
Super solid implementation - though with hiccups and growing pains.
Great game, no users
Puzzle Strike is a phenomenal game for the right players. It's Deck building (like Dominion) with a high degree of counter-play that makes games between experienced players a joy. A good match of Puzzle Strike is more satisfying than Dominion or Hearthstone because the role of luck is secondary to strategic choices, and different characters mixed with the random stacks of chips allow for a high degree of variation. The game's competitive core isn't for everyone, so while I love the physical board game version, it doesn't get a lot of play in my circles. Some had hoped this version would solve the matchmaking problem and let me enjoy the game more often. Alas, there are not enough players to find a game in a reasonable amount of time, and certainly not enough players for organized ranked play, at least not on the timeframe steam and mobile gamers expect. I bought the game and unlocks all the options at launch, was pleased with the port and usability on my iPad mini. Unfortunately the number of online players was always single digit,and it looks worse now. I think Sirlin made a big mistake not offering the base set for free. A free base would make it hugely more likely that players can find an opponent. Free players increase the quality of the experience for paying players. I don't know if Sirlin made the choice on principal or because as a small dev his team wasn't ready for that many players, but the choice has all but killed this app. The sad reality is that this app has made me less interested in future work from a designer I hugely admire.
- Sirlin Games
- 410.6 MB
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Sirlin Games
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock ALL characters $5.99
- Character Value Bundle $2.99
- Shadows Character Bundle $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.