RaceChrono Pro is a versatile lap timer, data logging and data analysis app designed especially for use in motorsports, replacing your traditional lap timers and data loggers. The RaceChrono Pro app also enables you to record videos and overlay them with the logged data.
RaceChrono apps have a strong following, currently over 100000 active users. If you look around at pits during your race or track day, chances are that you’ll see someone using RaceChrono. Even many professionals, such as factory test drivers and race driving instructors, are known to use this app! No matter whether you ride motorbikes, drive go-karts or cars, on closed circuit or special stage tracks – this is the motorsports app for you.
RaceChrono Pro has following major features:
• Lap timing with sectors and optimal lap
• Track library of over 2600 pre-made race tracks
• Custom user defined circuit and point-to-point tracks
• Smoothly scrolling data analysis with synchronised graph, map and video
• Predictive lap timing and time delta graph
• Hardware accelerated video export with configurable data overlay
• Multiple camera recording and picture-in-picture video export
• Video recording using internal camera
• Linking and synchronising video files from almost all action cameras
• Support for external GPS receivers; RaceBox Mini, Qstarz BL-818GT/BL-1000GT, Dual XGPS 150/160, VBOX Sport, Racebox.cc, Garmin GLO
• Support for OBD-II readers; OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth, OBDLink CX Bluetooth, PLX Kiwi 3/4, Carista OBD2 Bluetooth, Tonwon BLE 1/2/Pro, Veepeak OBDCheck BLE, UniCarScan UCSI-2000, OBDLink MX Wi-Fi, generic Wi-Fi OBD-II
• Support for Bluetooth LE heart rate monitors
• Unlimited session length, good for 24 hour races
• Session data export in .ODS (session summary for Excel), .NMEA, .VBO and .CSV formats
- Fixed: Tyre temperature gauge glitch when used with Alsense sensors
- Fixed: Memory leak in analysis Analysis screen
Ratings and Reviews
Hands down winner
This is my firs time reviewing an app, that’s how extremely satisfied I am with RC Pro. I’ve tried Harry’s Lap Timer and Track Addict. RC Pro has the best and most simplest and reliable functionality but my favorite feature is the analysis tools. Harry’s and Track Addict can’t hold a candle to RC Pro! There’s lots of data available, it’s simple to interpret and consume and an invaluable post race tool that has undoubtedly left me a better racer and faster driver.
I use racechrono pro with gopro 7, racebox mini, and veepeak obd2 for autocross and track. It works very well.
Doesn’t work! Waste of $19!
I ran this app at both Road Atlanta and Daytona. Neither time was the gps accurate enough to even remotely function properly. You have to buy a better gps for $100+ for it to work. It should be noted in the description that my phone’s gps (iPhone 8) isn’t accurate enough.
In response to the developer’s note below, my phone was mounted to the front windshield not in my pocket. I have a 100% stock Camaro SS 1LE, it certainly isn’t a racecar.
Again you need to note on the app that it requires an external GPS!
Developer Response ,
Hi, sorry for the bad experience. The iPhone 8 is quite OK for casual track days, but you cannot have the phone in your pocket. A phone holder is needed to keep it in view of the sky (and the satellites). If you have a racing car with high corner speeds, or need to keep the phone in your pocket, only then external GPS is absolutely required. You may also want to get an external GPS to improve data quality for better analysis.
Update: Yes, maybe the expectations could be managed better, but let me assure you that the app works even with the internal GPS on iPhone 8. This has been tested repeatedly. Naturally it will work better with the external GPS. It may be, that in your case there was something else that affected the data quality, such as device malfunction. Also it could be your expectation of the quality of the collected data was just too high. If you'd like to continue the discussion, you're welcome to contact RaceChrono support, and we could take a look at the recorded sessions together.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- RaceChrono Oy
- 42.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2007–2022 RaceChrono Oy
- In-App Purchases
- Reference session 1 $8.99
- Reference session 2 $4.99
- Reference session 3 $0.99