Introducing Radar Live - a stunning app which brings live radar and the weather to your Mac!
It gives the latest NOAA radar data and detailed weather forecast in an attractive and highly informative window format.
The radar is for the USA only (48 contiguous states).
● Displays the latest NOAA radar station images from any available 155 NOAA radar stations on map
● Displays combined radar images for the whole Contiguous U.S. (Lower 48 states)
● Current weather conditions and forecast on your desktop from all around the world
● 2-Hourly detailed weather forecast for 3 days
● Detailed radar and weather forecast window accessible by a singe click on the Dock icon
● Dock icon shows the latest radar images and current temperature
● Search forecast locations by address, airport code or automatic location based detection
● Save as many weather forecast locations as you want
● Your first location is auto detected and new forecast locations can be added by typing the first few letter of the city name, zip code or airport code in the search field
● The closest NOAA radar station is detected automatically based on user location or selected weather forecast location
● Latest reflectivity, velocity, one-hour and total storm precipitation from any NEXRAD radar site in the US, Guam and Puerto Rico.
● Images are not smoothed or manipulated, they are the real Level 3 radar data displayed on the map with the highest level of detail.
● Map displays the latest selected NOAA radar station image loop
▫ Available radar types: Base Reflectivity (ground level), Composite Reflectivity, One-Hour Precipitation and Storm Total Precipitation
▫ Closest radar station is selected automatically based on forecast/user location
▫ Select any of the NOAA radar stations by location
▫ Select any radar station from the map
▫ Map zoom and pan
▫ Optional fill-screen map (fill the whole screen area except Dock and Menubar)
▫ Radar station location, user location, forecast location and radar range is optionally shown on map
▫ Notification if the radar is down for maintenance or technical error
● Map displaying the latest contiguous U.S. (Lower 48 states) combined images loop
▫ Available radar type: Base Reflectivity
▫ Map zoom and pan
● Radars are updated in about every 3-5 minutes in perception mode and every 10 minutes in clear air mode
● Radar sensitivity setting to filter out very light rain and noise
Weather Forecast Details:
● Detailed current conditions and weather forecast
● Weather forecast text summary
● Min and Max temperatures
● Current "Feels Like" (apparent) temperature
● Wind Speed and Direction
● Dew Point
● Rain fall information
● Local Sunrise and Sunset
● Units: Fahrenheit or Celsius & mph or kmh
● Accurate, premium weather forecast data from Weather Underground®
Download Radar Live Now!
If you experience any issues please contact us directly using the "Contact Us" button/menu item and specify your forecast location.
+ minor bug fixes and performance improvements
+ fixed sunrise/sunset times
+ improved stability and performance
+ Improved weather forecast accuracy
+ Updated user interface
+ New weather/radar window with optional conus map
+ Updated icon
+ Fixed stability issues
+ other bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
48 United States ONLY!
Like many of Voros' other apps, Radar Live: NOAA doppler radar is a good solid weather application. It has lots of detailed information, a good forecast presentation and adequate radar maps. If you want to follow the weather for the continental United States, the Gulf of Mexico and the right and left coasts, this is your app and well worth the price.
If however you are looking for a weather radar app that will show you any other part of the world, this is NOT the app for you. The description says it quite plainly, for the United States 48 states only. Though I wish it had been a little larger and more in your face. For me, $8.00 misspent. Still looking for a good world wide weather radar application. Perhaps Voros will author it. If so, it will no doubt be a good one.
I have had Radar Live for over two years and like it the more I use it. Nobody is going to believe that it is the only app I have ever purchased … in two plus years. And I have a lot of apps on three new and old Macs. They all work well. The app is flexible and lets me quickly find stuff that I hear about on the news .. most recently tracking Florence as I have friends living in the Carolinas. I look forward to finding new ideas from the author in the update I just received although I am totally content with the version I have been using.
Best App for Radar
When needing to dodge thunder and snow storms this is absoultley the best app. Show me one betterr and Ill buy it….
I had been using radar Live Pro for about a year, then it started to crash when opening. I contacted the app developers support via email. It took a couple trys but they did solve the problem. Their response was quck and effective. I live in south central Montna and depend on the radar to determine if the thunderstorms and snowstorms will hit or miss. A great app and would reccommend for anyone concerned how storms that will effect their work or recreation.
- Voros Innovation & Business Services Pty Ltd
- 69.6 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 VorInn
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.