* Game of the Day — Apple
* "Highly recommended" — IGN
* 82/100 — Metacritic
● Gorgeous visuals, striking characters
● You make choices that matter
● An awesome plot
Gold Membership Subscription:
- Gold Membership offers $2.99 monthly subscription for new updates (every month new stories will be available for download).
- All prices are subject to change without notification. We occasionally run promotion prices as incentives or limited time opportunities for qualifying purchases made during the promotional time period. Due to the time sensitive and promotional nature of these events, we are unable to offer price protection or retroactive discounts or refunds for previous purchases in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- You will be able to play all available stories for the duration of the subscription.
- Subscription automatically renews for the same price and duration period as the original monthly package unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the cost of the monthly package.
- Subscription may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- You may turn off the auto-renewal of your subscription via your iTunes Account Settings. However, you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period.
* Prices are equal to the value that "Apple's App Store Pricing Matrix" determines as the equivalent of the subscription price in $ USD.
Dear users! We've listened to your feedback and decided to roll back to the previous version of the game. We're now working really hard to create new stories for you. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
The first and second stories were pretty good. They had some bizarre and dark elements that spice up the experience. They both have a very clear moral and keep you engaged. The third story – “The Lost”– was not very good in my opinion. There was nothing too mysterious about the plot, and spending the gems on the first stone door was a huge letdown, as it only unlocked a few more bits of (repetitive) dialogue and connected right back to were the free option was likely headed (with the bear). The characters were also dull, lacking flaw and, character development throughout the story. Watching the ads to get enough tickets to get the chapter over with began feeling like a chore, with each section feeling like an exact copy of the last. If what it takes to enjoy part 3 is the second occurrence of spending diamonds (the translation at the well), it is very discouraging to spend them after the disappointing stone door. Overall the storytelling, message and ending of part 3 felt weak. Part 4, The Triangle, picks up with the intrigue, as it starts off with something pretty inexplicable.
TLDR: Parts 1 and 2 good, part 3 bad, part 4 good.
Great Game, Awful Business Model
I really enjoyed the 20 minutes I was able to play this game. The art is great, the world is engaging, the gameplay is decent, and the dialogue is...ok. The thing is, you need to purchase “tickets” to be able to play, which are expensive and you need to do this every time you die, otherwise you get locked out for an hour before getting a single ticket after watching an ad. You will then immediately die and be right back where you were, not playing. I have never seen such an absurd model in any other game in my last decade of games. If each story were individually priced similar to Life is Strange, with bonus items or content available through micro transactions this would be a 4.5 star game easy. I understand games are expensive to make, and I gladly purchase micro transactions in games where you get additional value for your money such as ES:Blades, but when your business model directly discourages actually playing the game, I’m simply going to do that; not play. As others have mentioned, even if you get the $3.99/month subscription for unlimited tickets, you still need to purchase more expensive items to be able to actually make decisions and progress, again directly discouraging actually playing the game. I had very high hopes for this game, and for a gleaming moment it realized them, before slapping their anti-player business model in my face.
Neat idea...but really better off skipping
The first adventure is really really good if I were rating it off if just that it would be a four or five but the second adventure you lose a bit of immersion in the puzzles by essentially being handed a ‘skip puzzle’ button for puzzles that are probably the most enjoyable part. After the first time you then are asked to buy them. In the second adventure also you are allowed a companion at the beginning but then have to pay to keep them. The third adventure takes any illusion of choice away from you, you can either pay the in game currency for a logical decision or do increasingly stupid things offered for free. The fourth story follows this premise and this is as far as I go it feels like a cheap money grab every decision you make.
That being said the graphics are lovely and the sound effects aren’t half bad.
In as far as the plots go the first has a relatable protagonist struggling with something we all do. The second is a bit more niche but still overall good. The third honestly I think I hated possibly because this is where they lost the illusion of choice but I also found the protagonist rather annoying (you’d be better off skipping the third one entirely). I have not yet finished the fourth but as it stands it’s set up to follow the third.
The controls are a bit clunky but workable.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Fntastic Pte. Ltd.
- 1.2 GB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Fntastic
- In-App Purchases
- GOLD MEMBERSHIP $3.99
- MEDIUM PACK OF GEMS $2.99
- OFFER 5 TICKETS AND 30 GEMS $2.99
- 5 TICKETS $1.99
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER PACK OF GEMS $4.99
- LARGE PACK OF GEMS $9.99
- 15 TICKETS $4.99
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER 30 TICKETS $9.99
- 500 coins $8.99
- 80 coins $8.99