Do you own a RaspberryPi or are you considering one? The RaspberryPi App is your perfect assistant to keep control of your system right from your iPhone or iPad.
From beginner to expert, the RaspberryPi App assists you in setting up your pi, finding it in the network, monitoring your system and performing a wide range of actions without even touching a SSH terminal or anything else. RasberryPi App can even handle multiple systems at once!
Your "Getting started" functions at a glance:
• Assists you in choosing the right products around the Pi
• Set up the Pi and its operating system
• Find your Pi in your network
• Connect to it with a single touch
Monitoring and connectivity
• Monitor system parameter (General health, CPU, memory, disk space, temperature, etc.)
• Keep track of your network (internal IP, external IP, MAC address, subnet, etc.)
• Easy Remote Desktop connection to your Pi (from your Mac, PC or phone)
• Setup Wifi on your Pi
• Scan Bluetooth devices and control the Pis BT visibility
• Monitor all services
• See connected screen properties (HDMI)
• Check your ethernet connection
Tasks and manager
• Shutdown and reboot
• Easily setup scheduled tasks with a few clicks (CronJobs)
• Keep you Pi updated with the Update Center
• User Management
• Switch and monitor your GPIO pins
• Control your pi with a build in SSH Terminal (no need to use it at all but customers asked for it
• Create custom commands to quickly execute it with a single button push
Thank you for using the RaspberryPi App!
Things we've done in this update:
• Improved design
• New tools to control your Pi
• New HelpCenter
• Updated NOOBS image
• New GPIO control
• Better user management (Force logout, groups, last login & more)
• Improved scheduled task management (switch GPIOs, etc.)
• Automatically error handling in the background for missing software, privileges and more
• Translation to simplified Chinese and Japanese
• A lot of improvements and bugfixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Charging money for a beta app
This app constantly crashes after I was able to setup with the help of a previous comment as the documentation in the app leads to "not found" page.
This should be free or fixed.
Does what it’s supposed to, but ...
I have read the negative reviews of the app, and I think many of them are the result of not understanding how this app works, combined with the scant documentation provided.
To use this app, you need to be able to SSH and log into your pi with a user name and password (keys don’t appear to be supported), which *has* to be on the same network your phone is on. Where it gets trickier is that there are some needed packages that need to be installed on the pi for this app to work. I have 2 pies, one configured with the full Buster image, and one with the lite one. The app works fine on the full image, but presents with error messages on the other one. A listing of what packages this app needs to operate would be very helpful. The author assumes that the pi is set up with his NOOBS provided image, which is not always the case.
The other issue I noticed is the memory and processor information is not accurate. On my 3B Plus pi, the one configured with the lite image, it tells me I have 2 out of 30 GB memory used. Anyone who ever owned a pi knows that this is impossible.
I gave the app 3 stars which I think is unfair, but it would be equally unfair to give it 5 or 4 stars either. A 3.5 would be nearer the mark. Despite the issues I have with the app, it will be one I’ll use quite a lot once I workout what it needs.
Waste of money, bugs make it useless
First an foremost, I advise anyone thinking about buying this app, DONT (at least til fixes are implemented) It took me 20 mins just to get connected to my Pi. Between the crashing while searching my network, the app telling me the IP for my Pi isn’t correct, and it telling me my user/pass was wrong, I’m beyond irritated. After the initial 20 to just get connected I’m greeted with information about my Pi that’s not even remotely correct, it says I’m on Ethernet when my router shows it’s definitely WiFi and if I try to connect to WiFi through the app it crashes when I tap “done.” I enabled Bluetooth through SSH and connected a keyboard just for testing if that would be correct and it wasn’t (also crashed upon trying to enable Bluetooth.) Done wasting time on this app until the dev releases a stable update for it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.