RayLab is an application for design and simulation of optics. It can be used either as a learning tool or for the design of real optical systems.
Basic version includes:
• Ability to model 2D lenses and mirrors
• Full control over placement and shape of optical components
• Full control over aspheric surface shape parameters
• Full geometric ray tracing
• Sequential and Non Sequential analysis
• Front Focal Length, Back Focal Length, Principle Surface calculations
• Sample Models
Upgrade to RayLab Pro enables:
• 3D Modeling
• Advanced Optical Elements such as Lens Arrays, Diffraction Gratings, Prisms, Fresnel Lenses, etc.
• Polarization Ray Tracing
* Ray Splitting / Beam Splitter modeling
• Multi-Configuration Manager and animation functionality
• Ability to perform optimizations of design parameters
• Ray Transfer Matrix calculation
• Various commercial glass catalogs
• Zemax Importer
• Multiple Analysis Windows:
-- Fan Ray Diagram.
-- Wavefront Error Plot.
-- Grid Distortion Plot.
-- Spot Diagram.
-- Chromatic Aberration.
-- Gaussian Spot Size.
-- Polarization Analyzer.
Upgrade is available with in-app purchases of various modules OR as a full featured subscription.
• The subscription offers a 7 day free trial period. Subscription begins immediately but payment will only be charged to iTunes Account at the end of the trial period.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same monthly price as the original subscription.
• You may manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited if the subscription is cancelled.
* Bug Fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
App crashes and dark mode text
The app crashes when trying to open a model after toggling on “show when model is open” in the title/author/description menu. (I found that this did not work for renaming models anyway).
In IOS dark mode, text remains black, making it difficult to read against the grey menu
Wonderful optic software
This is a really great app for optical simulation. It has many advanced type of optical elements that can be used. Great for learning and teaching. Great and affordable alternative to ZeMax. Support is excellent and quick. The developers are really listening to users.
Excellent optics tool
Great tool for ray tracing and other optics related calculations. Highly recommend. Great service as well. Hope they continue development!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kamyar Ghandi
- 40.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2019 Kamyar Ghandi
- In-App Purchases
- RayLab Pro Subscription $3.99
- RayLab Pro 2 $19.99
- 3D Modeling $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.