A convenient application for reading books in foreign languages and
learning new words and phrases. Just touch an unknown word or a phrase,
get its translation and add a card to learn it later.
- support of popular formats like epub, rtf, fb2 and txt
- a huge amount of free classic books in most common languages
- support of archives in zip, gz, rar, bz2, tar, tgz and tbz formats
- flexible settings
- intuitive control over the sets of words
- pronunciation support for words and phrases in foreign languages
- knowledge tests for each set of words
- export/import cards into csv format
- translate your own phrases and add them to the words sets
- edit translations when needed
- support over 50 off-line dictionaries (in professional version)
- support of 40 languages (Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Sesotho, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu)
- synchronization between all iOS devices via iCloud
- support of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- you can now choose default online translator (Google or Yandex)
- show size of dictionaries
- improve epub books parsing
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app that you keep coming back to is the best app to learn from. I had already bought "tons" of apps, but does it all effectively for a basement price. Reading, understanding, listening, then speaking, yields progress. Add words to your vocabulary bank as you read and enjoy the story. It's addictive and it works. 😌
The app is overall very good, I like how it has many language options, and I like how you can translate the word or phrase. The problem that I have is that certain languages have very little or no books at all. Like Korean for example, I also hate that we have to pay to hear the pronunciation of a word! Also why does it say the “quota is exhausted?” This is very frustrating, I don’t know why I need to pay to learn! If you guys improve these things no doubt it will become popular and people will download and use it more often.
Now works but still need improvement
I’ve upgraded to professional to have full functionality. It did not work the first time due to iOS upgrade but the developer recently updated it.
You can load the books and launch a passage for translation. Unfortunately you can click only on one word per word which slows the reading down. It would be nice to easily click on sentences or passage because the meaning is clear with the whole sentence.
Also, the speech button doesn’t work.
Developer Response ,
This was bug due to new iOS version. We already fix this error in recent updates.
- Anton Ivanov
- 63.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Anton Ivanov
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade from starter to professional version $4.99
- Upgrade from Starter to Advanced version $2.99
- Upgrade from advanced to professional version $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.